Your the GM, What Changes do you make to the lineup this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
bit of an overpay for Lindholm, but then he's here

re Danault, he is just another guy who thinks he is a $6M player; NYR can likely do just as well for less,
IMHO might as well keep Strome, over ~>$6m for an inconsistent 3C

While I do not think we will get better offensive production from Danault over Strome, I do believe we get a much better player as Danault does everything that Strome doesn't do.

And I personally believe that the actual difference in production will be nominal at best.

Re: Lindholm, the production / contract (dollars and term) / age all combine to make him an extremely valuable player. Don't think you are getting him for less as there are 30 other teams that could both afford him from an acquisition and cap perspective

Reactions: leetch99

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
I hate most of this.
So do I. I beginning to think I watched a different team this year especially in the latter part of the season. So with our weaknesses exposed and the dire need to upgrade in the middle our first 2 line centers are Zib and Chytll. Sorry I could libe with Zib being 1 of the 2 but not FC. Don't like him as a center and definitely don't want him as a number 2 center.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So do I. I beginning to think I watched a different team this year especially in the latter part of the season. So with our weaknesses exposed and the dire need to upgrade in the middle our first 2 line centers are Zib and Chytll. Sorry I could libe with Zib being 1 of the 2 but not FC. Don't like him as a center and definitely don't want him as a number 2 center.

I don't even think we're weak down the middle right now. At least from a production standpoint, we're right up there with the "contenders."

Adding the likes of Chara (who is cooked) and Lucic (who sucks and would be overpaid even at 50%) doesn't really solve anything. Lucic won't waive for anywhere that isn't out west so thats a moot point, but Chara is beyond cooked and would be a minus, even in a 3rd pair "mentorship role."

FC is ready for more responsibility though, though that doesn't necessarily need to come through a promotion up the lineup. Replacing Strome with a more rounded player should really be priority #1 this offseason.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
those pairings are a great idea

Lindgren-Trouba across two seasons have been very solid and Lindgren could enable Trouba to take risks.

Miller-Fox have some tantalizing potential together as well
When were Lindgren-Trouba solid. Trouba was with Skjei pretty much exclusively then Smith pretty much exclusively then Miller pretty much exclusively. Did I miss something?

Also, Fox/Lindgren is elite.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
I don't even think we're weak down the middle right now. At least from a production standpoint, we're right up there with the "contenders."

Adding the likes of Chara (who is cooked) and Lucic (who sucks and would be overpaid even at 50%) doesn't really solve anything. Lucic won't waive for anywhere that isn't out west so thats a moot point, but Chara is beyond cooked and would be a minus, even in a 3rd pair "mentorship role."

FC is ready for more responsibility though, though that doesn't necessarily need to come through a promotion up the lineup. Replacing Strome with a more rounded player should really be priority #1 this offseason.
Production? Do you mean points if so that is weak. I look for 2 way play as well, strong in the defensive zone and strong on the fore check. And not even mentioning winning faceoffs which we rank really low in. Strome is one dimensional and like I said FC has a lot to prove. One thing I know is he stinks at face offs. There were several times this year where the wing on his line was taking the faceoffs. We need well rounded centers not just guys that look flashy when they score.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Production? Do you mean points if so that is weak. I look for 2 way play as well, strong in the defensive zone and strong on the fore check. And not even mentioning winning faceoffs which we rank really low in. Strome is one dimensional and like I said FC has a lot to prove. One thing I know is he stinks at face offs. There were several times this year where the wing on his line was taking the faceoffs. We need well rounded centers not just guys that look flashy when they score.

Yes I meant points and no, I'm not saying that they should keep the same trio because of it. I'm 1000000% behind swapping out Strome for a better defensive player.

FC did so many good things last season and I don't understand why some people want to tear him down. Faceoffs can be improved. HE won't ever be a 50%+ guy but he doesn't have to be (get someone else do do that.) Chytil is one of the more effective forecheckers on our team and would make a killer PK'er if he got the opportunity.

Some of diversifying the roster is going to have to come from the outside, but not all of it has to (or should.) Some of it should come from giving our younger players more responsibility.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
His 5 worst games of the season were all in the last 5. Without Lindgren. I guarantee you Fox's preference is to play with Lindgren.
The whole team was useless in those games and they were glorified preseason.

Fox is the best defenseman in the NHL. He doesn't need a crutch.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think if you want Miller to flourish offensively, then he's got to be put with a defender that will support him defensively and while Fox can ABSOLUTELY do that, I would rather not have Fox worrying about getting someone else involved AND worrying about D.

Fox doesn't need a crutch, but he doesn't need a boat anchor right now either.

Let Trouba do what he was brought in here to do. Be a veteran leader and help the kids along like he did for the most part this year.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think if you want Miller to flourish offensively, then he's got to be put with a defender that will support him defensively and while Fox can ABSOLUTELY do that, I would rather not have Fox worrying about getting someone else involved AND worrying about D.

Fox doesn't need a crutch, but he doesn't need a boat anchor right now either.

Let Trouba do what he was brought in here to do. Be a veteran leader and help the kids along like he did for the most part this year.
In that case, I would get a veteran LHD as others have suggested and just have him play with Fox. Lindgren-Trouba just makes sense.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Karlsson thrived with Methot. Sometimes it just works and it doesn't mean the stud needs a crutch.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
find a guy like lomberg in florida for the 4th line

find a guy like tanev in pitt for the 3rd / 4th line

find a guy like hagelin that plays at a different speed for the bottom 6

do not get sucked into an eichel deal or a bidding war for hymen or danault

kick the tires on what you could get for strome, do not move any of the high end kids, give them time, i think we sign buch, he deserves it, winger glut is an issue though

only big piece i'm open to a deal with is k'andre. i wouldn't look to move him for sure, but his skillset/potential could potentially bring in a massive return in the form of a similar age bracket high end c prospect / in their 1st yr-2 of their career. short of that return i don't consider moving him for anything else.

try to fill out a group that gives the coach a chance to build a complete roster out of - esp up front. but keep our assets through teh summer and see what it looks like next year. no need to chase a big deal for the sake of it.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Get any player that can be part of the solution that can be acquired for a fair price.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Miller only played one season in the NHL.
Miller - LD1? Get an answer.
I wrote:
LD3 – Chara. A hockey player can play about 60% of the games in a season.
Jones (player potential ???) - called up in the NHL (20 matches +)
Oleksiak >> Chara, AAV Oleksiak >>> AAV Chara (AAV $ 1.0M).
With Jones in mind, does Oleksiak make sense?
Smith RD4, LD5 - if the player agrees to a one-year contract with AAV $ 1.0M
I wrote - Many other options. Players may be different.
I'm not against other players. Does this make sense?
You can improve on the deadline.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I wrote:
For example:
Kassian RW - $ 3.2M (@ 20% Ret) - $ 2.56M
Lucic LW - $ 5.25M (@ 40% Ret) - $ 3.15M

On such conditions, hockey players are available.
Players can climb higher by replacing injured players.
(@ 50% Ret) - complicates the exchange, but possible.
I'm not against other players. Does this make sense?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
His 5 worst games of the season were all in the last 5. Without Lindgren. I guarantee you Fox's preference is to play with Lindgren.
It’s not a coincidence that fox is great with lindgren. You can see that they have a unique relationship. I think some of the things fox does on the ice, he wouldn’t do if he didn’t trust his partner 100%. That’s why the ppl who want to trade lindgren to give his spot to miller are out to lunch.
There was a 2 week period, maybe a little longer where trouba a Lindgren were paired together. They were excellent as well, but that’s an extremely small sample size. You might have missed it because everything that Trouba does well, it seems you block out of your mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad