Your the GM, What Changes do you make to the lineup this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Trade Strome for Kadri.

Sign Martinook and Nosek.

Sign Zib and Buchnevich to long term deals.

Re-sign Georgiev if we can get him at low cost.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Panarin

Buchnevich-Kadri-Kakko

Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov

Martinook-Barron-Nosek

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Jones or Robertson-Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

1st line would be one of the best lines in hockey. Time to ride with Laf and Kakko permanently on the top two lines. Zibanejad has averaged 1.32 pts per game the last two seasons if you cut out the period where he was recovering from COVID. I think he's fine, and he is absolutely one of the best 15 centers in the game. Re-sign him, cause the dude is going top put up 90-100 pts playing with Panarin. Laf will break 55-60 pts on that line, bet on it.

Trade for Kadri, see if he can finally turn the corner on his suspension BS. At 18 mins per game, I think Kadri can put up 30 goals easy playing with Buch and Kakko. Defensive stopper line - those three can score and also shut down top lines. Kadri has an edge to him, can win faceoffs and match up against any center.

Third line will hopefully put up second line offensive numbers. This is the year to see whether Chytil is truly a 2C level player or not, which will help us decide what to do the following year when Kadri is a UFA. I think Chytil with Kreider and Krav could put up good numbers.

Martinook and Nosek along with Barron gives us a big, bruising, defensively responsible fourth line that can score on occasion.

D-pairs, LEAVE THEM THE WAY THEY ARE. We don't need to add another vet. We have the rightful Norris Trophy winner (voters be damned), a vet leader in Trouba, a gritty first pair young vet in Lindgren, and some young studs like Miller, Nils and Jones who just need time. Seriously, don't over think this. We have the personnel for the best d-core in hockey - just wait, and let them get the experience.

Goaltending, we're set.

Protect whichever of Gauthier, Blackwell, Hajek or Howden who we think has the best trade value, and trade at the draft whichever of the three who don't get selected by Seattle.

No big splashes, but these moves would fortify the roster, give us edge and defensive prowess on the forward lines (plus addition by subtraction by getting rid of Howden and Hajek). We would maintain cap flexibility to make a run at Barkov or some other big fish in 2022, should they become available, or we could keep Kadri if he has a great season. I think this roster is def a playoff squad and potentially more.

Biggest thing: have patience in the kids.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Rid yourself of the dead weight. Howden, Hajek. While Drury was part of the organization at the time of the McD trade, he wouldn't have the connection to those players like Gorton would have. Cut bail.

Trade for Brayden Mcnabb. Sign one of Armia or Goodrow.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’d look at:

Coleman, Goodrow, Nosek, Wennberg, Danault
Nemeth, Oleksiak, etc.

See if I could nab 2 or 3 on good deals.

Depending on what you come away with:

Strome, Buch, Jones, Howden, Hajek, (Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist) are trade options. Look for the 2C and a 4C whose a Dom Moore type. Ideally you don’t have massive turnover though.

Laf - Z - KK
Bread - Danault - Krav
Kreid - Chytil - Gauthier
Barron - Nosek - Goodrow
Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Oleksiak - Lundkvist

Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events