Your the GM, What Changes do you make to the lineup this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Good Afternoon to all the Armchair Ranger GMs. not including the HC(there is a long thread on that) what lineup changes do you make.

I would bring in Lucic from Calgary if I could talk Treliving into paying 1/2 of Milan's salary. that's the true 4th line heavyweight we need to combat the Wilsons and Martins of the League. He still has enough game left to be effective in a 4th line role.

Then on a one year contract, bring in Chara to play LD. We have enough $$$$ to pay him for one year. He just played this year on a Major discount. He would be a great influence on our young defense and the whole team.

Lundqvist plays the RH D. Stay away from Eichel and Kuznetsov and go with the forwards we have.

Hire Nick fotiu for the summer to teach Julien Gautier and Tim Gettinger how to fight in order to develop our own heavyweights.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lundkvist, Jones, Kravtsov , 1st , 2nd, 2022 1st, Strome , Chytil out

Eichel, Bortuzzo, Danault, Reaves, Oleksiak and another goon in

win the next 5 cups in a row

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Not many changes, anyone who takes anything away from a 56 game schedule in this division format and makes any drastic moves is an overreactionary impatient fool.

Pretty much. I don't think we need to make wholesale changes. We need to decide whether Mika is the future #1 C and deal with the position accordingly. I'm not interested in Eichel if there isn't even consensus on how to fix him, let alone how serious his injury is. I'd like to see a bit more team toughness, but there is some help on the way, and a deal can be made to address it. So a couple of tweaks and we should be looking at the playoffs next season.

Reactions: bernmeister

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Resign or deal Buch and Z. We’re not winning the cup next year anyway so might as well maximize our return for players that will likely become UFA after the season. Trade a RD for a LD.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Kick the tires on Comtois, Max Jones, Faksa, B.Tkachuk, Barkov, Larkin, NO EICHEL

I’d bring JT Miller back before trading for Eichel

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
They overpaid Kreider and Trouba so much for size and character, so when you're bringing in more players who are paid above their actual contributions you have to be careful. Getzlaf or another boomer player on a short contract, great. Vet LD who doesn't suck, great. "Rebuilding the fourth line" can go bad when you're throwing lots of money at Kevin Rooneys who were on better teams with better coaching. We are not actually a good regular season team yet! We only got invited when they let almost everyone in. Can't just say we'll drop Buch, drop Strome, get some plugs, get some draft picks, get a lot less talented, and make the playoffs anyway.

Take the Eichel thing seriously, but lean towards no. I like the idea of the Panarin-Eichel-Zibanejad-Fox superteam that gets to keep our top pick rookies and Shestyorkin, but most of the moves the Sharks made to build their current core made sense and now they're the Sharks.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
The biggest changes to the offseason better not be acquiring fighters/goons.

Reactions: CLW

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sign Coleman, Nemeth, and Danault.

Trade Strome and Buchnevich for whatever idk, it's hard to speculate. We don't need much for the roster if you make those signings. Just get capital that you can move in a trade later for whatever you need.

I know everyone wants another 4th liner but UFA 4th liners are almost universally bad. Depending on the price I would be interested in Derek Ryan but that's about it.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Coleman
Lafreniere-Danault-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Rooney-Ryan-Blackwell

Lindgren-Fox
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Miller/Jones-Trouba

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Yuck

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Bye bye to Rooney and Blackwell.

Sign Boyle cheap....sign Getzlaf if he's up to leaving Anahein. See if a package with chytil or Buch gets you Lavoie out of Edmonton or Hayton(prefer this option)out of Arizona. Sign Chara. Add another bottom six guy with grit and toughness. End scene.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I would bring in Lucic from Calgary if I could talk Treliving into paying 1/2 of Milan's salary. that's the true 4th line heavyweight we need to combat the Wilsons and Martins of the League. He still has enough game left to be effective in a 4th line role.

Then on a one year contract, bring in Chara to play LD. We have enough $$$$ to pay him for one year. He just played this year on a Major discount. He would be a great influence on our young defense and the whole
These are both interesting ideas. Lucic on half of his salary to play 4th line isn’t a bad option at all, let a 4th line emerge from Lucic, Rooney, Justin Richards, and maybe Baron. Chara could be a great role model for the young D including Miller, while pairing up with Lundqvist. I like both additions and they wouldn’t take away ability to address need at C.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Good Afternoon to all the Armchair Ranger GMs. not including the HC(there is a long thread on that) what lineup changes do you make.

Then on a one year contract, bring in Chara to play LD. We have enough $$$$ to pay him for one year. He just played this year on a Major discount. He would be a great influence on our young defense and the whole team.

Lundqvist plays the RH D. Stay away from Eichel and Kuznetsov and go with the forwards we have.

Hire Nick fotiu for the summer to teach Julien Gautier and Tim Gettinger how to fight in order to develop our own heavyweights.

I hate all of these ideas except for the bolded. Nils in theory isn't a bad idea on its own but the narrative on him is going to flip really quickly - he's going to need a lot of time.

Chara is done. He's beyond cooked and while I like (and think its necessary) to add a quality veteran presence to the room, you don't need to add it in the form of a player who cannot take a regular shift in this league anymore. Lucic also sucks. Even at 50%, do not want.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man if Danault comes for about 2.5-3 million great. I don't see him as a 1st or 2nd line center on a legit contender. Sure he's terrific defensively but even with our talented wingers the guy will have trouble putting the puck in the net.
If you give a guy like him 4 million or more in this cap world I think it would be a bad move.

Reactions: Leetch3

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Man if Danault comes for about 2.5-3 million great. I don't see him as a 1st or 2nd line center on a legit contender. Sure he's terrific defensively but even with our talented wingers the guy will have trouble putting the puck in the net.
If you give a guy like him 4 million or more in this cap world I think it would be a bad move.
Turned down 5mill per 6 years from habs. Don’t know why he would take a massive discount here

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Turned down 5mill per 6 years from habs. Don’t know why he would take a massive discount here
You could be right. But If we offer him anywhere near what he turned it would be a colossal mistake.
It will be about a million dollars for every goal he scores.

Reactions: haveandare

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Trade: Buch, Strome
Keep: KK, Laf, Shest, Fox. Willing to trade anyone else for a legit top center prospect.
Sign: Fox to 8 year deal.
Go for: Chara on a 1 year again, don't even mind if they grossly overpay him, let him mentor Miller for a season.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He turned down 5 mill a year from mtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad