YOUR team's most overrated prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
HemskyFreak83 said:
well 1st this nothing but my opinion

Phaneuf, great hitter open ice and boards, I find his offensive game over-rated, I don't think he will be that no. 1 defensemen, don't get me wrong he won't be bad at all but I find it that he will be a great no. 2/3 d-men, he could be Eric Brewer with a way better shot and Brewer had comparisons to Pronger when he was drafted but so far has never found his offensive game but he is a great defender in his own end

Parise, sometimes I think he is treated like the 2nd coming of Jesus, he is a Mike York type, very good 2nd line centre borderline 1st line centre, I'm not convinced he will be a franchise 1st line centre

take it for whats its worth (which could be nothing at all) I find the 3 over-rated, thats all

Wow..... you are right Schremp, Phaneuf and Parise must suck............. :D ...LOL

As for Phaneuf and the statement he has no offensice game...what is that based on? I have watched Phaneuf play lots of times and he has all the tools to be a great Dman...has a great shot, he is fast, mean, plays tough.... etc. As for Parise I watched this guy as well. He is another player I personally believe will be a first line Center. I would trade for the guy in a minute.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
CoolDude said:
And 2nd of all the Prospect Game really does not have much bearing on draft position at all.

I know of 6 NHL organizations who would disagree with you. I interviewed high-ranking members of just that many teams this past year and among my questions I asked their thoughts on the Top Prospects Game. Everyone of those interviewed said it was an important barometer of talent.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
flambers said:
Wow..... you are right Schremp, Phaneuf and Parise must suck............. :D ...LOL

As for Phaneuf and the statement he has no offensice game...what is that based on? I have watched Phaneuf play lots of times and he has all the tools to be a great Dman...has a great shot, he is fast, mean, plays tough.... etc. As for Parise I watched this guy as well. He is another player I personally believe will be a first line Center. I would trade for the guy in a minute.

my mistake but I meant the no offensive game remark towards Brewer, I did say Phaneuf has a way better shot than Brewer but I'll wait to see if Dion can use it in the NHL 1st

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Benoit Pouliot. Rated very highly on very little data...

Gilbert Brulé. Just a feeling but is he beginning to slip from his former can't miss status...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
HemskyFreak83 said:
well 1st this nothing but my opinion

Schremp could be that 1st line centre but there is as great as a chance he could be a bust, his skating is improving but he needs to keep it up and I do think his "attitude" problems are false although i'm thankfully they came up otherwise I don't not think the Oilers would have gotten him that low in the draft, but that is no way that has cause me to think any less of him

Phaneuf, great hitter open ice and boards, I find his offensive game over-rated, I don't think he will be that no. 1 defensemen, don't get me wrong he won't be bad at all but I find it that he will be a great no. 2/3 d-men, he could be Eric Brewer with a way better shot and Brewer had comparisons to Pronger when he was drafted but so far has never found his offensive game but he is a great defender in his own end

Parise, sometimes I think he is treated like the 2nd coming of Jesus, he is a Mike York type, very good 2nd line centre borderline 1st line centre, I'm not convinced he will be a franchise 1st line centre

take it for whats its worth (which could be nothing at all) I find the 3 over-rated, thats all
Funny, when did you become a flames/devils fan?

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Jason MacIsaac said:
Funny, when did you become a flames/devils fan?
I'm not so what, I can't choose to not like players or prospects from what I seen, heard, and read, and I can't just be a hockey fan anymore

knowing I criticize one of the devils' prospect you must have your panties in a bunch now

Vote Quimby

Apr 6, 2005
Langley BC
GagsIsDaMan said:
He would get my vote as well...maybe even Umberger...good player but I think he has been overrated by alot of posters on these boards.

Umberger - There has to be a reason (other then talent alone) why Umberger is already on his third organization at such a young age. How many other 1st round picks travel this much?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
my new overrated devs prospect. . .

Jeff Frazee (no way he is a 7.5B)

I still think sugs is overrated as well, and maybe voros too.

SerialSeb

Sep 1, 2005
Where hockey lives!
Scotianhab said:
I'd say Montreal's would be Kostitsyn or Chipchura, both have been hyped up quite a bit since their draft years

Ya what's up with Kostitsyn. Seems everytime I see a list of top Canadiens prospect he's in the top 4. I just don't see it. not yet anyway. give him an other season in the A and then I'll be able to say but right now he's not top 5 at all.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Avs don't have many rookies that can make some impact on their team, so I would say that if some prospect is overated, it would be Marek savtos, just four games in the NHL, and some of us already see him as a sure second line right wing star, but he could also be a bust.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Anton Babchuk I guess. High risk, high reward. And we at the Hawks have really bad luck.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
I don't agree with the Fritsche picks here, I don't think he's overrated at all. The shoulder issue is a major one, but that doesn't contribute to whether or not he's over or underrated. If he doesn't get too hurt and have to retire I think he'll have a great NHL career, but I sincerely doubt he'll bust; he'll either have the great career or have it ended early by injuries.

I know how far his stock has fallen, but I'm still going to make my pick Boris Valabik.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Psycho Papa Joe said:
Coloaciavo. Glad I could help.

Actually, its Colaiacovo. I wouldnt call him overrated. He has looked great when he's played but has just been unlucky with injuries. He was a force out there in the beginning of the season before he got injured, literally a force.

Our most overrated prospect is Ian White. I dont like him...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Zikky said:
Lar Jonnson 7th pick overall supose to be an sandis ozolinsh.
Sergei Zinojiev play nice in russia but his future is not very bright with the bruins
Ivan Huml never become what he should have been
Kris Vernarsky :help:

Have to agree here, especially Huml & Vernarsky. Zino's problem is his attitude, I don't know much about Jonsson, he's never even played in the Bs system AFAIK.

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
I'm kind of surprised to see Emery's name mentioned so many times. Up until this season I would have agreed with you. But now he plays poorly for a while and everyone hates him. In reality, the man has played about as good as we realistically could have expected him to since being drafted. He fell well below expectations this past year but really picked it up towards the end of the season and was Binghamton's best playoff performer. It seems many people have totally written him off for one sub-par season. If anything I consider him underrated in light of the recent events and approach his NHL experience with cautious optomism. How times change from when he was God, which was the other extreme.

For me it's Alexei Kaygorodov and it's an easy one. 22 years old, has never played in North America, and people think he can strut in here on a one-way and be a 60+ point center on our 2nd line. I hope so, but you can't just expect that type of thing. His performances in Russia inspire nothing but optomism, but we can't count our eggs before they hatch and far too many Sens fans are. If only Bonk and Daigle turned out to be the centers we thought they would be......

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
HemskyFreak83 said:
I'm not so what, I can't choose to not like players or prospects from what I seen, heard, and read, and I can't just be a hockey fan anymore

knowing I criticize one of the devils' prospect you must have your panties in a bunch now
Well considering you are from Fort McMurray and Canada doesn't get any Albany AHL games I am willing to bet you haven't seen him at all save the Allstar game. I didn't see Mike York getting 2 points in 3 games at the World Championships as a 20 year old. Its pretty obvious you are going by what you heard like most people. Just like you have with Pouliot...save the memorial cup.

+73*

Ducks= Getzlaf- will be another Andy McDonald

NYR= Montoya- he won't see the light of day

Mtl= Perezhogin- will get mauled

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
For San Jose, they have quite a few overrated ones:

Josh Hennessey: He's a great skater, but he has a tendency to float and lacks toughness. He'll be an NHLer, but not of the first line caliber. Someone compared him to Curtis Brown, which is more or less fair.

Kaspar: He's a ghost. He doesn't have much consistency. He looks like a great third line player, but some fans have compared him to Marian Hossa. From what I've heard, at least he isn't a friendly ghost :)

Bernier: He's obviously underrated by many people who call him overweight and a slow skater. But I agree that people who expect him to become an elite powerforward will be dissapointed.

Christian Ehrhoff is overrated for the above stated reasons on HF and HFboards. I don't know how the media overrates him.

Pavelski, Morris, Setoguchi, Carle, Vernace, Gorges, and Greiss are underrated. Especially Gorges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad