Your Personal Sharks Jersey Collection

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
I was bringing back my memory by going through the first 3 or so year roster to bring it all back. The only thing is if I go with putting a 75 year patch on it, I will go strictly with that first season.

If I kept it off, I also thought about Larionov and Makarov.

Nolan came in during the original jerseys? I had a brain cramp on that one as I thought he was for the 2nd generation of jerseys. It was why I had considered him on that era Teal jersey. That said, Docummen(or however that store is spelled) said they don't have the original font for that 2nd generation of jerseys.

He sure played in the mid 90's as a shark here is proof..

Note he is much younger lol but on another note is this the jersey your looking for?

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
He sure played in the mid 90's as a shark here is proof..

Note he is much younger lol but on another note is this the jersey your looking for?

I am not looking for any jersey. I have the 3 different teal jerseys, original white along with current white. I also have the current black. I just don't have anything currently on the original white jersey and the 2nd teal jersey which is the one you posted.

As for when Nolan was on the club jersey wise, it all just starts to blend together so thus my minor brain cramp. :laugh:

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
I'm pretty sure he did. I am a stickler for getting the eras correct (as you seem to be also). Nolan is my wife's fav Sharks player of all time and we have an original signed by him in the old "Sharksfest" days (was the precursor event to the Teal and White game). Without looking it up, I'm 99% sure he had at least one year in the original jersey.

However, I wouldn't be surprised that his one or two season stint in the original didn't coincide with the 75yr patch so you might have a conflict there. Might just want to do a Google search on images to help you out or check out the player section on the Sharks website to determine the proper jersey/player era.

I was leaning more towards wanting Nolan put on my 2nd generation Teal jersey if I could get the correct lettering and numbers.

As for the original white jersey, I am still iffy on if I will have the 75 year patch as I was sort of thinking I was going to go with one of 3 favorite players I had during the 1993-1994 season when we made that first nice run in the playoffs. :)

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
I got bored and laid out my jerseys.

zVZzD8u.jpg

And the backs of the personalized ones.

0XI1HaK.jpg

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Im almost ready to buy my first jersey. just waiting to see if wingels gets re-signed again lol

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
Here is my collection I don't plan on taking them out of the bags that I put over them so I took this picture in advance but there is well over 30 something in this collection

I have got more over the year so this is not my entire collection but it was as of 6 months ago

jurisdoctor

Sep 4, 2011
How do you go about choosing?

Here's a question for you guys that own multiple jerseys - Assuming you wear them to games (or for those of you who live out-of-town, on game days), how do you go about choosing which one to wear? Just by whatever mood you're in or are you superstitious, meaning you'll wear the same jersey twice in a row after a win?

bob330i

Jan 3, 2007
Here's a question for you guys that own multiple jerseys - Assuming you wear them to games (or for those of you who live out-of-town, on game days), how do you go about choosing which one to wear? Just by whatever mood you're in or are you superstitious, meaning you'll wear the same jersey twice in a row after a win?

Start of the season, picked by mood. Then I go with the wins. We keep winning, same jersey and often, same undershirt (washed of course) goes on next game. We lose, I swap out the jersey and shirt and go with mood.

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408

Well, two seasons ago I would wear my Pavelski jerseys pending if it were black armor nights or teal night and on coolest games of the month I would wear my away jersey. But, since they are autographed I kinda got worried of them getting food stained I invested in getting the Edges. As of right now I only have one edge teal with my last name and number.

Therefore, I am in the process of getting the black armor and away kits for them.. I wore a blank white edge jersey for one of the coolest games last year and I felt kinda awkward but hey the sharks won so that might be another reason why I am switching to edges.. Call it superstition or not I think it is just me showing my side of being careful and also feeling happy to wearing something the pros do. :)

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008

I used to wear whatever I felt like, although I wore black sweaters whenever the team wore them. I've only worn my Burns sweater the past 2 seasons though.

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona

Yeah, I want to put Nolan on that 2nd generation home teal. I currently have it blank. The shop in San Jose that customizes says they don't have the actual font for that generation though but something very close.

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
Two or three days. Very quick.

Thanks for answering, I was just figuring if they would have it ready if I chose the option of taking it with me on one of my trips up there.

I will probably still just mail them my original white. I still haven't figure out who but I might lean towards Larionov IF I choose to keep the 75 year patch off of it.

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona

I go with the "hot" jersey. ride it as long as the wins keep coming. :laugh:

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
ok ill bite

been enjoying this thread from afar

during the seasons when i had STs i would wear as many different sweaters as possible, and never two in a row.

I have 12 Sharks sweaters, and about 65 total

I liked breaking out the All-Star sweaters if we were on the homestand just before the break.

One time per season the Seals sweater would be worn, The KC Blades, and the Spiders as well.

USA sweaters in February, or before Olympic break

Perhaps i will post some photos at some point.

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
I can live with someone mixing in sweaters during the regular season but during the playoffs, it should be all teal in the Tank. :handclap:

jurisdoctor

Sep 4, 2011
I can live with someone mixing in sweaters during the regular season but during the playoffs, it should be all teal in the Tank. :handclap:

I kinda agree. It'll be a nice sight to see the ENTIRE arena filled with teal to let everyone know whose house it is. Since we're the only team with it, there's no doubt! Although I own two black jerseys myself (the retro and current black armor), it just doesn't stand out as much the teal ones. Even the white roads have more teal than the blacks.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
Is Black ok for playoffs if the club is wearing Black?

I dont go anymore, just curious. :)

I CAN sit home this summer and watch any Sharks playoff game that has ever been televised.

:D

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
I dont go anymore, just curious. :)

I CAN sit home this summer and watch any Sharks playoff game that has ever been televised.

:D

I really didn't dig them wearing black for the home playoff games. Black should remain a 3rd jersey worn here and there. It makes us seem like the Kings. Teal is, was, and will ever be the true color of the Sharks! :yo:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Hey, starting off the 2013-2014 with my Ebay score of a real authentic Edge jersey (as far as I can tell). Sole bidder and I remember it was around $60.

It had a smell that reminded me of what the cleaners use for removing smoke. So, it was likely in a smokers home prior. It now longer has that smell and just smells like a jersey now. Fight strap was cut so there is about a quarter inch of it showing underneath.

icuz.jpg

h9bc.jpg

ipw8.jpg

ebx8.jpg

Next acquisitions will be youth sizes in premier for my two kids.

Last edited:

Chimmer89

Aug 20, 2013
wandering the 209
I've got a teal blank 1st gen.
teal blank 2nd gen.
then I broke the streak and got a current black with Marleau (A) and the 20th anniversary patch
I played for the Jr. Sharks for a year but I dont think those jerseys count :laugh:
someday I hope to snag a Pavelski sweater from the 2010 olympics but I cant seem to find one anywhere, would you lovely ladies and gents know of such a place or website?

marleau2112

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
Marleau 2007 Teal
Couture Black Armour
First Gen Blank Teal from when I was a kid.
Going to buy a new away jersey, narrowed down to Burns, Vlasic, Pavelski, Thornton. Leaning Burns or Pickles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad