GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Them (Hudson River Rivalry, 7 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
no, Carolina has one game in hand....not 2. They've also lost 2 games in a row.

Happy to help.
Didn’t really pay attention to the OOT scoreboard last night tbh…okay still three back with one game out of hand and eight games left with them having an easy schedule.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
With two games out of hand, so it’s more like 5-6 points with two weeks left after being tied with momentum two weeks ago. Do you really have to challenge every single negative comment?
And they 100% when you consider they could easily be leading the race if they weren’t losing to non-playoff teams.

The amount of energy expended on having to counter anything and everything that slightly deviates from the ”rose hued” orthodoxy is so wild.

Reactions: RandoDoomer

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
And they 100% when you consider they could easily be leading the race if they weren’t losing to non-playoff teams.

The amount of energy expended on having to counter anything and everything that slightly deviates from the ”rose hued” orthodoxy is so wild.

1) if someone is going to be a negative nancy...at least get your facts straight
2) every team in every season ever has lost to multiple "non-playoff teams". I don't even understand why this is even an argument. Do you guys even follow this sport? This isn't the NFL where the shitty teams almost never beat the elite teams.

this is a message board. you're allowed to post and I am allowed to respond. I am sorry that you don't like that.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Carolina lost to the Ducks a few weeks back

the Rangers lost to Ottawa a few weeks ago and Washington and Detroit before that

Boston lost to Arizona earlier this year

etc etc

its not even worth bringing up

You don’t respond. You contemptuously attack.

When ridiculous posts are made, they should be treated as such. Question- do you see a difference between:

A) Man, I am disappointed in how the team has played the last 10 days or so. They are capable of a lot more! Hopefully they turn it around soon and get primed for the playoffs

or

B) Man this isnt even that good! Division is over, they crapped their pants and they probably will get swept by the Rangers now!!!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Rangers are winnings games they should. Devils are losing to teams they should beat.
The last Ranger game was a slump buster... hopefully this one has the same effect.

I would sign up for that no doubt, but I would prefer this one not be a nail-biter comeback win in OT.

I want to go up early, take control of the game, and have it be beyond doubt before the second intermission.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Save the arguing for after our 4-2 win tonight.

What will the story line be for a 4-2 victory today... Worthy of arguments

1) Nico records hattrick but still looks pedestrian.
2) Bratt needs to shoot the puck more and sucks at defense?
3) Graves / Sevs give up goofy plays to lose 4-0 shutout.
4) Viteks softies prove he wont be playoff ready?
5) Dougie gets coned.
6) faceoff guy McLeod still cant score.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
What will the story line be for a 4-2 victory today... Worthy of arguments

1) Nico records hattrick but still looks pedestrian.
2) Bratt needs to shoot the puck more and sucks at defense?
3) Graves / Sevs give up goofy plays to lose 4-0 shutout.
4) Viteks softies prove he wont be playoff ready?
5) Dougie gets coned.
6) faceoff guy McLeod still cant score.

One potential is Jack racking up 4 points but not tracking his man on the back check on a couple of instances.

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I probably wont get as many posts in tonight during gametime but will really be looking forward to the back-read... No matter the outcome.....:DD

So pumping the posts in now...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No chance. Wood didn't go through five years of crap to sit when things go good.
Who gives a shit how many years of crap he went through? You ice your best players and I don't think Wood is one of them anymore. Not anymore, he isn't.

That said, I don't think there's a chance Wood is scratched either. Just like I said yesterday.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Every single one of Boston's losses are against teams far worse than them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Carolina lost to the Ducks a few weeks back

the Rangers lost to Ottawa a few weeks ago and Washington and Detroit before that

Boston lost to Arizona earlier this year

etc etc

its not even worth bringing up

When ridiculous posts are made, they should be treated as such. Question- do you see a difference between:

A) Man, I am disappointed in how the team has played the last 10 days or so. They are capable of a lot more! Hopefully they turn it around soon and get primed for the playoffs

or

B) Man this isnt even that good! Division is over, they crapped their pants and they probably will get swept by the Rangers now!!!
Nobody made post B in this thread, this is just more over exaggerating hyperbole from you like usual

Reactions: TrufleShufle

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
This is the biggest game of the whole regular season. The Rock will be electric and I will be awake at 1 am watching. Who wins tonight wins the series! That’s what she says… :)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Funny thing is, we have one more point in our last 10 than Carolina. :laugh:
It’s nice to see someone respond with facts instead of just defaulting to gratuitous criticism of posters the minute anyone makes a semi critical remark about the team

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
We're 4-4-2 in our last ten.

They're 4-5-1.
That strengthens my argument not yours? If we beat some middling teams we’d be well in the way to a division lead with the Canes form.

Whatever, this is all tangential. The overarching point is that it’s ridiculous to attack someone for lamenting that they couldn’t get it together for the division. It’s a perfectly valid thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad