GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Them (Hudson River Rivalry, 7 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Pros:
Top pair was incredible. Dougie played a mostly clean game and Siegenthaler was a monster on denials.

I liked all four lines mostly. Idc if NJ is fully healthy, Boqvist should not come out of the lineup. He gives that line an elite straight line skater. Speaking of which, they really need to re-sign Tatar. He is an absolute freak on the forecheck and seems very well liked.

VV was obviously very solid and made the stops he should have. I still think he looked a little unsure on some plays, but overall he’s getting his groove back.

Bahl - read the Bo blurb. If I see Smith again this season, I will lose it. Only way I’d be ok with him sitting is if it’s a Luke Hail Mary play down 2-0 or 3-1.

Cons:

Would’ve liked to see them pop in another goal or two. Igor was incredible and we’ve actually played him pretty well. Finishing has been an issue for 5 or 6 weeks but they’ll create enough looks where I don’t think it’ll matter.

The crowd being half-half was bad. I get STH want to make money back but I really hope it’s at least 65-35 come playoff time. Team really deserves a legit favorable crowd.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Pros:
Top pair was incredible. Dougie played a mostly clean game and Siegenthaler was a monster on denials.

I liked all four lines mostly. Idc if NJ is fully healthy, Boqvist should not come out of the lineup. He gives that line an elite straight line skater. Speaking of which, they really need to re-sign Tatar. He is an absolute freak on the forecheck and seems very well liked.

VV was obviously very solid and made the stops he should have. I still think he looked a little unsure on some plays, but overall he’s getting his groove back.

Bahl - read the Bo blurb. If I see Smith again this season, I will lose it. Only way I’d be ok with him sitting is if it’s a Luke Hail Mary play down 2-0 or 3-1.

Cons:

Would’ve liked to see them pop in another goal or two. Igor was incredible and we’ve actually played him pretty well. Finishing has been an issue for 5 or 6 weeks but they’ll create enough looks where I don’t think it’ll matter.

The crowd being half-half was bad. I get STH want to make money back but I really hope it’s at least 65-35 come playoff time. Team really deserves a legit favorable crowd.

I thought from the arena standpoint we had a lot more than 50%, more like 65% or more. A lot better than last season, lol. It looked worse when they all stood up for the goal, but it wasn't half.

Of course, i grabbed that percentage out of thin air, but based on feels, but it didn't seem like it was an even split. Weret here a lot of Rag fans? A lot, but not 50/50....

Those prices (Resale) were outrageous yesterday, so a lot of people must have sold and made quite a bit. 400$ can go quite a bit to your next season's investment, but yeah, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see your rivals fizzle out of arena grumpy..

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Also, the notion that NJ will tire out in a 7 game series is seriously stupid. Anyone who has ever played a sport knows defending is much more taxing on the body. Whether it be hockey, soccer, football, or basketball. You don't want to be the one constantly on the back foot.

If the Devils do indeed play NYR, I think they should be clear favorites (something like 60% to win the series). Igor can obviously steal a series and they have talent, but based on the 75 games this season and head to head matchups, NJ is clearly a better team.

I thought from the arena standpoint we had a lot more than 50%, more like 65% or more. A lot better than last season, lol. It looked worse when they all stood up for the goal, but it wasn't half.

Of course, i grabbed that percentage out of thin air, but based on feels, but it didn't seem like it was an even split. Weret here a lot of Rag fans? A lot, but not 50/50....

Those prices (Resale) were outrageous yesterday, so a lot of people must have sold and made quite a bit. 400$ can go quite a bit to your next season's investment, but yeah, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see your rivals fizzle out of arena grumpy..
I'm not sure. To me, a lot of areas in the lower bowl was definitely more populated by Rangers fans. I was upper deck and I thought it was 50-50 up there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I'm preparing to get hosed badly with prices for the first round

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Also, the notion that NJ will tire out in a 7 game series is seriously stupid. Anyone who has ever played a sport knows defending is much more taxing on the body. Whether it be hockey, soccer, football, or basketball. You don't want to be the one constantly on the back foot.

If the Devils do indeed play NYR, I think they should be clear favorites (something like 60% to win the series). Igor can obviously steal a series and they have talent, but based on the 75 games this season and head to head matchups, NJ is clearly a better team.

I'm not sure. To me, a lot of areas in the lower bowl was definitely more populated by Rangers fans. I was upper deck and I thought it was 50-50 up there.

Its possible, surely, just was my opinion on it. Lower bowl had a lot for sure, there was some Rag fans in a guys seat I know is STH across the aisle, he either was sitting somewhere else, or sold.

I think come playoffs it will be a different anyway. If you are a STH holder, you're basically giving up your seats to miss the key moments of the season, so I figure most will be going :)

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

It could always be worse.

Imagine being a Sabres or Senators fan when the Leafs come to town.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Pros:

Cons:

One of my favorite memories of this season (so far) were the "Let's go Devils" chants at MSG. Never thought I hear that.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It’s rather funny reading Rags fans talk down the loss . “No big deal , they know they can beat the Devils easily because we still have another couple of gears . It was just another game and it doesn’t count for anything “
” I think the loss is good. It shows them that they have to play hard to beat the Devils. We almost won with our B level game. Devils got tired as the game went on . No way they can skate like that for am entire game , let alone a playoffs series . Rangers in 5.”

Ya sure. Chance to tie us in the standings , gain momentum and confidence , get home ice advantage …. Ya it wasnt important to the Rangers at all… just another game…bullshit.

Reactions: glenwo2

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Pros:

Cons:

Its possible, surely, just was my opinion on it. Lower bowl had a lot for sure, there was some Rag fans in a guys seat I know is STH across the aisle, he either was sitting somewhere else, or sold.

I think come playoffs it will be a different anyway. If you are a STH holder, you're basically giving up your seats to miss the key moments of the season, so I figure most will be going :)

STH won’t sell their own tickets but were allowed to buy a limited number of extra playoff tickets which they will for sure flip. (Don’t remember the exact offer/rules because we didn’t get any.)

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
STH won’t sell their own tickets but were allowed to buy a limited number of extra playoff tickets which they will for sure flip. (Don’t remember the exact offer/rules because we didn’t get any.)

Yeah, i figure that - i sure as hell am not selling, either.

(unless some reason medical or crazy reason i can't make it).

But even so, I know some friends who'd go anyway without a second thought so that is kinda out of picture.

Those extra tickets were good deal in theory, but you need to know someone who will put up that kind of investment if the team goes all the way, cause its all rounds or nothing. The cost of the whole thing if the NJD goes far roundwise + max home games in a series is kinda eye-opening!

Reactions: Guttersniped

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
That dump is too expensive.

one time i paid $110 day of game for the f***ing blue seats and it was a “great deal” lol

haven’t been for hockey since, only wrestling (G1 Supercard in 2019 ruled) and Big East basketball (I like going there to cheer for Seton Hall, that’s about it)

being that I always sat in the unobstructed end, I preferred f***ing Barclays for a Devils road game. At least the venue itself (removing lack of hockey sightlines from the equation) was/is actually nice and modern.

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Oh the copium on the Rangers board is just so incredible. Their fans were nothing but fired up going into the game about marking their territory and tying us.

Now?

“Oh it’s meaningless. The Rangers are just conserving their energy for the games that really matter.”

And it just goes on and on. I want them more than I’ve ever wanted them. I’ll take the division crown of course but my god I want to beat them.
1680303922802.png

At the end of the day, it's all for the shits and giggles lol. Glad to have so much passion back in this rivalry.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
It's the cardinal sin for the color commentator. Never interrupt or preempt the PBP guy on a scoring call.

I suspect it's what finally got Chico put out to pasture. Dano has been doing it a lot, but Spaulding is pretty good at recovering from it.

Think what got Chico "put out to pasture" is he's 74-years-old and not committed to doing a full season of games; living in Minnesota instead of New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad