GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
He wasn't given a chance by Pete, he stifled his growth!

I'm not saying I don't hate Pete, I'm just saying that he might have been right about Josefson.

Josefson isn't even performing above his career average prior to this season.

215 games and he has as many points in his career that you'd hope to get from a decent 2nd line center in a single 82 game season.

Guy blows.

Yeah I'm starting to agree. If they didn't actually need the warm body I would say send him packing. But it doesn't matter. They still have a few contracts to shed here

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Jake with 12 minutes of ice time. Tootoo only had 20 less seconds of ice time. Seems coach is giving up on him.

I did, 3 weeks ago, and I was one of his biggest supporters

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Wasn't even a very entertaining game. Pretty boring IMO. Whatever, we all knew this is what it would come to once the only 4 players we have that scored most of our goals cooled down. Garbage, rare goals, back to the same old ******** boring Devils

Yeah, we're back to being a stinky team. The early season spark is gone. At least we got to enjoy almost half a competitive season of hockey, and hopefully we'll have some new faces next year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruuti is ****ing terrible. More than anyone on this team, he makes me the most sick. Dog **** is the only way I can describe his play. He brings absolutely nothing.

Like someone said earlier, Matteau must be truly horrid to not be able to crack this joke roster.

Yup I agree.

Ruutu means one, that would be a GREAT smear campaign slogan for his opponent if they were running for office.

If Ruutu was a home security system company, he would be the Slowmin's Shield.

He makes the lineup slower than it should be. Get Boucher up here, and waive Ruutu if you have to. Last year I didn't think this was the case, though Ruutu is now as bad as last year's Zubrus.

Ruutu looks like Denis Potvin or John Davidson if they played in the year 2016. Two old and out of shape guys. That's pathetic for Ruutu, as they're twice his age.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Jake with 12 minutes of ice time. Tootoo only had 20 less seconds of ice time. Seems coach is giving up on him.

I did, 3 weeks ago, and I was one of his biggest supporters

Yeah. That play at the point where he just fell from a moderate hit and turned the puck over is pretty much the story of his season. Matteau has to play given this craptacular game.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Larsson needs to move his ****ing feet and work on his gap control. He was embarrassed badly on the third goal, just casually going for the poke as the puck deflects off his stick and into the net. The scouting report on him was that he's "calm" but maybe they misread that for "lazy". I'm beyond sick of his trash defensive play and lack of ability to skate.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruutu is as painful to watch as Zubrus was last year.

Last year I thought maybe Ruutu was given a raw deal when they preferred Zubrus to him late in the season.

And maybe he was last season, because I don't remember Ruutu being this bad last season. Although he was by no mean's good. Just a declining hockey player.

This year he just looks like the decline has stopped, he's reached the absolute bottom.

Ruutu has been a BAD NHL forward for over 2 years though. The best stretch of hockey he's played since the lockout season was the 19 games or whatever it was that he played with us after the trade in 13-14. That's the only time he's given respectable production. He sucked balls for Carolina that season before he was traded.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
is zubie still on the 1st line in san jose? :laugh:

Unfortunately he was as of the last game.

But he's still only on pace for a few more points over 82 games than he was last season with us.

Which means that he's on pace for the same amount of points as Jacob Josefson is this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I'm starting to agree. If they didn't actually need the warm body I would say send him packing. But it doesn't matter. They still have a few contracts to shed here

I wouldn't call Ruutu a warm body at this point, that's giving him too much credit.

Ruutu isn't even a cold body either, because that body has long since decayed.

Nevermind. Your post was about Josefson.

Yeah he's a warm body pretty much. I'm starting to wonder if Gionta would have that point total if given PP time that Josefson gets? It's a legit question. I see so many times ''Josefson isn't as good at offense as Josefson'' but I don't think that's true. Of course Josefson is more skilled than Gionta, but comparing their point total in the past 216 games that each has played? It can't be too far off.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Just get the damn kids in the lineup, for better or worse. Anything beats watching these straight out of 2014 - 2015 games where you're watching old men, fringe 4th line players and busted draft picks get bent over the boards by a dog **** team like Carolina. If we're going to suck and miss the playoffs, at least do it with some speed and energy. It's still too ****ing early to be subjected to a team that looks like it's playing out the string.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just get the damn kids in the lineup, for better or worse. Anything beats watching these straight out of 2014 - 2015 games where you're watching old men, fringe 4th line players and busted draft picks get bent over the boards by a dog **** team like Carolina. If we're going to suck and miss the playoffs, at least do it with some speed and energy. It's still too ****ing early to be subjected to a team that looks like it's playing out the string.

Yeah we need Ruutu out badly, could do without Tootoo. I also am tired of Kennedy. He was worth signing, but he hasn't done anything.

It's not that these players are a problem to have, it's a problem that we have SO MANY of them and that's why we can't get offense out of the bottom 6. We have a surplus of 4th liners and 13th/14th caliber forwards at this level and some AHL fodder as well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I miss freaking Farnham :amazed:

I sincerely hope he really has a legit injury, and that his IR status isn't some Louphole type stuff that we saw over the years, just to keep from having to waive someone.

He's been practicing ever since he's been out, I don't think he's missed a practice.

I'd rather him play than half of these bottom 6 guys.

Bottom 6 needs to be revamped immediately, I hope they don't let the scoring ''Outburst'' from the bottom 6 (two goals, big whoop!) in Detroit fool them.

Start scratching a couple of these guys and put Farnham and Matteau in there. I don't care who is scratched in the bottom 6 at this point, nobody should be off limits down there. That includes Josefson.

The safest guy to me in the bottom 6 should be Kalinin. I'm still split on him, but he just might be a victim of ''Having to play with BAD players'' as much as I'm cautious to use that excuse. It was the excuse for why Josefson and Tedenby were bad. ''Josefson and Tedenby can't provide offense when all their amazing passes end up on the sticks of Boulton/Janssen/Sestito''.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
pinned in our zone as bad as I've seen them this season

barely able to get the puck out and when they did it was an automatic turnover

just nothing goin tonight at all

schneider was great for the most part, no idea how that 3rd got past him but I don't blame him for the screen goal (1st one I think)

made a lot of nice stops just no help out front

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I sincerely hope he really has a legit injury, and that his IR status isn't some Louphole type stuff that we saw over the years, just to keep from having to waive someone.

He's been practicing ever since he's been out, I don't think he's missed a practice.

If it is, it's cutting off our nose to spite our face at this point. Problem is the guy they'd cut to make room for him is likely Matteau and not Ruutu. Not yet anyway. They can always take Farnham off IR and put Elias on it at the rate it's going, he's more legit hurt at this point :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Start waiving guys if you have to, ****ing Ruutu, who gives a **** about this BUM?

He wasn't even a Shero acquisition, the guy hasn't scored a goal in like 30 games going back to last season. I'd bet a good amount of money that he surpasses Josefson's longest ever goal drought. It's coming up here pretty soon.

I'm also starting to get annoyed and baffled with certain decisions regarding the middling carryover youngish players that we have from last regime.

They could care less about Matteau, he's been thrown in the garbage. Yet they use Josefson as if they really do believe that Pete and the last regime stifled him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If it is, it's cutting off our nose to spite our face at this point. Problem is the guy they'd cut to make room for him is likely Matteau and not Ruutu. Not yet anyway. They can always take Farnham off IR and put Elias on it at the rate it's going, he's probably more legit hurt :P

I think Elias is done. I would have rather had him than half the forwards in tonight, but the truth is that we were fine before he came back. The last time we won more than 2 in a row was before Elias was back in the lineup. I'm not sure if he's been a plague on the team or not, it sure didn't look that way tonight.

But I am certain that Ruutu is a plague on this teams offense. I've watched him kill offense. Tonight and in that game where he was put with Zajac and Palmieri.

Which brings me to another annoyance with Hynes, the fact that they needed to put Ruutu on a ''Checking'' line with two of the 5 or 6 legit offensive players against the lowest scoring team in the league. He fell down on what could have been a good chance that night, think he fanned on a golden opportunity that night. Couldn't handle a pass. I noticed that happen tonight too, but at least he was playing with other players closer to his current talent level.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I miss freaking Farnham :amazed: At least he brought some life and the occasional offensive contribution...this team too often lately since he's been out has been last season's walking dead.

Damn I forgot about him.

Yeah he's another one that can't be as bad as the dreck we're being subjected to.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Start waiving guys if you have to, ****ing Ruutu, who gives a **** about this BUM?

He wasn't even a Shero acquisition, the guy hasn't scored a goal in like 30 games going back to last season. I'd bet a good amount of money that he surpasses Josefson's longest ever goal drought. It's coming up here pretty soon.

I'm also starting to get annoyed and baffled with certain decisions regarding the middling carryover youngish players that we have from last regime.

They could care less about Matteau, he's been thrown in the garbage. Yet they use Josefson as if they really do believe that Pete and the last regime stifled him.

For vet holdovers they give Ruutu and Tootoo a lot of rope. And Josefson gets more of the benefit of the doubt than Merrill seemingly. Maybe they really think Merrill IS that bad offensively.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn I forgot about him.

Yeah he's another one that can't be as bad as the dreck we're being subjected to.

Like I said, scratch anyone in that bottom 6 other than Kalinin.

I don't care about Josefson, he's becoming a useless sack of **** when the game is not headed to a shootout. Yeah he can kill penalties and play defense, but that's pretty expendable IMO. At least after this season ends, replacing him in the shootout would be more tough than anything.

Ruutu should be waived, he's giving me flashbacks to last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For vet holdovers they give Ruutu and Tootoo a lot of rope. And Josefson gets more of the benefit of the doubt than Merrill seemingly. Maybe they really think Merrill IS that bad offensively.

Josefson gets played as if they really believe Pete was stifling him.

Don't sign Gomez because we need to give Josefson a shot to be the 2nd or 3rd line center. Despite the fact that Josefson SUCKS worse than Gomez did in his dying days in Montreal, and in San Jose and when he was used as a 4th liner/healthy scratch in Florida.

Proceed to play Josefson on the power play, which now has seemed to fall off. He's our 3rd line center, despite having a handful more of points in his career coming into the season than a 3rd line center should have in an 82 game season.

Josefson gets all of this and has 2 even strength points this season and still isn't producing offense at a greater rate than the first 180 injury riddled and Pete stifled games of his career.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruutu has played 8 games this season.

10-09: 3-1 loss vs Winnipeg

10-13: 3-1 loss vs Nashville

10:16: 2-1 shootout loss vs San Jose

12-17: 5-1 loss vs Florida

12-19: 2-1 loss vs Anaheim

12-20: 2-1 shootout loss @ Boston

12-22: 4-3 win @ Detroit :handclap::yo:

12-26: 3-1 loss @ Carolina

What is the common theme here? Forgot that we've only won 1 of these 8 games. Scored EXACTLY one goal in 7 of these 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad