Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Kudos to CDS.

And waiting on the in coming “trade Demko” proposals.

Team played like LA which is not a good thing.

Hopefully it’s just temporary if Tocchet got the whole team sick.

Keep it up as there’s just something g u likeable about Nashville.

Could be ROR. Could be country music.

Reactions: Indiana

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Hronek made a mistake in the neutral zone but it didn't look like it created an odd man rush going the other way because players were skating back.

Preds gained the zone but that was it. I know hronek was trying to intercept a pass in the neutral zone but failed but I don't think it was egregious. I think he saw players coming back in support

I thought their positioning was ok in the defensive zone until Lindholm skated passed his check and lost evangelista
Thats as egregious a time for that decision as any. Nobody is anywhere near out of position if he makes the right call and plays his position.

Three mins in the third. Up by two. Dzone Blueline pinch is the wrong play. Period. No other rights answers sry.

Reactions: I am toxic

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I'd they're battling the flu I hope they say something about it. Or Tocchet. I hope they're not worrying that it will sound whiny or whatever because it wouldn't. It would actually make people feel a lot better about what they're seeing. Because of this is simply the best the team can do offensively then they quite frankly don't belong in the next round.

On the flip side you can't say the guys haven't shown up. Effort is a different thing than ability and they certainly gutted out this win. Extra kudos go to the D, especially the bottom 2 pairs. Also DeSmith obviously was tremendous. Tocchet with the good call there.

Reactions: quat and Indiana

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hronek made a mistake in the neutral zone but it didn't look like it created an odd man rush going the other way because players were skating back.

Preds gained the zone but that was it. I know hronek was trying to intercept a pass in the neutral zone but failed but I don't think it was egregious. I think he saw players coming back in support

I thought their positioning was ok in the defensive zone until Lindholm skated passed his check and lost evangelista

It's true that if Lindholm didn't get walked it probably would have been fine but it's just an unnecessary decision at that juncture of the game.

When you miss on an aggressive play like that you're forcing your teammates to adjust on a dime and that can lead to mistakes like it did there.

Reactions: Indiana

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
You can re sign Joshua, zadorov, and Blueger and still have money left for a deprh defenseman than pay Hronek $7.5M.

Hronek can be used to grab a top 6 forward.
I'm guessing, and hoping, that the Canucks brass has seen the same things we all have. He isn't a top 2 dman, and should not be paid as such. Zadorov is having a way bigger impact on these playoff games than Hronek. So IMO are Cole and Soucy.

I don't really care what the Oilers fans say cuz at the end of the day I live in Lake Country and they live in Edmonton.
Well, some of them probably live in Red Deer. Maybe even Leduc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad