GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
TOI was really evenly distributed among forwards in this game. Bratt with over 17 mins.
Honestly, I think he should be playing 17-18 minutes every game, as he had only averaged 15:56 before this game. I know some people are gonna say that he's really young and shouldn't be overloaded, but he's shown zero signs of that being a problem right now.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
The team is having a difficult time with the changes in the line up. Injuries and newcomers has changed the chemistry of this team as of late. Hynes should consider going with the players that brought him success his first 10 games minus MJ.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
5Y9NXYI.gif

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Henrique should be on the 3rd line with the way he's played and he technically is. The thing is his line had more total ice time then the Hall line. The top 3 lines on this team are getting equal time and that's just not how good teams usually spread out ice time. Top lines should have more ice time than the 3rd line. I'm not advocating to play them 20 minutes a night but chances are if your top line is playing only 15 minutes you're probably losing.
That's why I don't like Boyle playing on the 3rd line. The only time a guy like him should be playing as much as 16 minutes is when we take a lot of penalties and he's PKing a ton. I really don't think we need two players like Coleman and Boyle centering separate lines.
Hall - Nico - Palms (They were good tonight)
Zacha - Zajac -Bratt (See if Zacha can produce with different linemates)
Wood - Henrique - Stafford (Want to get Stafford out of the top 6 for now, same with Rico)
Gibbons - Boyle - Coleman (That's a great 4th line)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Henrique should be on the 3rd line with the way he's played and he technically is. The thing is his line had more total ice time then the Hall line. The top 3 lines on this team are getting equal time and that's just not how good teams usually spread out ice time. Top lines should have more ice time than the 3rd line. I'm not advocating to play them 20 minutes a night but chances are if your top line is playing only 15 minutes you're probably losing.
That's why I don't like Boyle playing on the 3rd line. The only time a guy like him should be playing as much as 16 minutes is when we take a lot of penalties and he's PKing a ton. I really don't think we need two players like Coleman and Boyle centering separate lines.
Wood - Henrique - Stafford (Want to get Stafford out of the top 6 for now, same with Rico)
Let's see what happens when Zacha gets back in (hopefully it's Monday), but I feel like Boyle is only on the 3rd line because of Zacha not being in games.

If this continues, I'll be REALLY disappointed that we have no injured center's right now (even Zajac is now back) and Boyle is still our 3rd line center. This is the mistake that we made in previous years with Josefson, Kalinin for a little bit, it really stifled any potential scoring from the bottom 6 in the first two Hynes years.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The team is having a difficult time with the changes in the line up. Injuries and newcomers has changed the chemistry of this team as of late. Hynes should consider going with the players that brought him success his first 10 games minus MJ.

Ok so sit Palmieri, Zajac, and Stafford? Bold strategy. Not to mention this team has actually been playing better in the last two games they lost than some of the games they won early when they were being outplayed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I stand with Bleed. No sarcasm, he's right about Henrique
He's on pace for career lows in many regards right now.

I understand a 2 point game will tilt him back to career norms, but he's on pace for the second lowest points per 82 in his career. The worst since his sophomore season. And that even strength point total is really ugly. He's literally on pace for fewer than half of his career even strength points per 82.

The shooting percentage is quite a bit below his career average, but at what point does Henrique stop shooting at 15.2%? He's never shot under 12.3% for a season once in his NHL career. He might be due for a 9% season and even in his 12% season's, he had only 16 goals in 74 games and 16 goals in 75 games in another.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
I stand with Bleed. No sarcasm, he's right about Henrique

It's not about being right or wrong. There is nothing wrong with having this opinion, it just gets tiresome when it gets repeated endlessly. And it's ridiculous that in games where the whole team disappointed it's always Henrique who gets talked about here. That's just ridiculous.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Let's see what happens when Zacha gets back in (hopefully it's Monday), but I feel like Boyle is only on the 3rd line because of Zacha not being in games.

If this continues, I'll be REALLY disappointed that we have no injured center's right now (even Zajac is now back) and Boyle is still our 3rd line center. This is the mistake that we made in previous years with Josefson, Kalinin for a little bit, it really stifled any potential scoring from the bottom 6 in the first two Hynes years.

To be fair those previous teams didn't have much in terms of center depth. The current team is a different case and IMO there isn't an excuse for playing Boyle on the 3rd line when we have guys like Zacha and Quenneville not currently playing

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Way too logical and obvious, that means Hynes won't do it.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'll say one thing about Henrique. He's playing on the third line playing against worse competition and he's doing the exact same thing he would be doing if he's playing against the other team's first line

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's not about being right or wrong. There is nothing wrong with having this opinion, it just gets tiresome when it gets repeated endlessly. And it's ridiculous that in games where the whole team disappointed it's always Henrique who gets talked about here. That's just ridiculous.
Henrique has been disappointing in the games where we are actually good lately.

it's fitting how we have a 7 goal game and he doesn't even get on the scoresheet.

Even his last point, which I only remember because it's his only point in the last 9 games, he bobbled the puck and almost lost possession, seconds before that rush with him and Stafford that led to the goal. He may have even lost possession and then somehow got it back. It was almost a breakaway/odd man rush the other way, if I recall correctly.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
You can add Cory, Severson, and Hynes to the list

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can add Cory, Severson, and Hynes to the list
Hynes has been disappointing to me in every game so far.

Some of our best played games were actually the last two games. Well, at least before the collapse today. We were really good until that second goal was scored.

I never have been a believer in Hynes and until I see a vast difference in our style of play/system, I don't think I ever will be.

It's clear that he knows what he's doing, even though I thought he may have lost the team last year, which is an even larger smear against him than if he had lost the team. Because sometimes the coach loses the team, without doing anything wrong.

He knows what he's doing, this is just the way he prefers to do things. This is what he desires.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Also willfully dense.

So which is it? Contract concerns or more "but Zacha!"?

Contract concerns? Already said fair enough. Though there aren't a whole lot of consistent 45 point players in the league...and if you're looking for only the ones that consistently play with an edge you're cutting your options even slimmer. Let alone ones with an edge that are good PKers.

But if it's more "but Zacha!" - Henrique has 15 hits in 19 games this year while Zacha has 11 in 15. So not much difference in grit. But with Henrique generating more shots, playing well on the PK, and committing less boneheaded turnovers...you don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have more han enough talent that It should not even be a thought to put a Boyle anywhere above the fourth line.

Bush league coaching decisions.
It's almost like he's trying to make up for lost time with Boyle. He's got him out on the PP all the time, he's got him with Henrique and Wood. We saw him do the same thing with Josefson in 15-16 and for a lot of last year when Josefson was actually in the lineup at all.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Ok so sit Palmieri, Zajac, and Stafford? Bold strategy. Not to mention this team has actually been playing better in the last two games they lost than some of the games they won early when they were being outplayed.

This. The team just isn't a top 5 team in the league, and this is apparent in games against big and strong teams like Winnipeg tonight. But that's okay, nobody expected this.

It's pretty encouraging that there weren't too many games where the Devils looked worse than the opposing team so far. That alone is a big improvement compared to last year.

It's just important that we come back in the next game and stop the negative trend before it really started.

I agree that PZ should get back into the line up, unless there is something happening in the background we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese