GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really need to find a way to make Boyle a 4th line player. I do like the way the 4th line plays, and frankly I think it would best if Boyle were out of the lineup, but that' not going to happen. So I'd prefer Noesen scratched, Boyle to 4th line center, Zajac to 3rd, and Zacha to second. I think that' the best way to maximize the current lineup. When MoJo comes back, then a difficult choice would have to be made.

It is actually really easy to do bump Boyle down. We don’t need both Boyle and Coleman playing center.

The lines for the last two games have sucked and that is on Hynes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To skate and battle hard, and play solid defense on and away from the puck.
One common misconception that people have falsely bought into is that Henrique is this really good defensive player, which I don't think he really is. I don't think the guy is a liability either, but doesn't deserve the praise he gets as this good defensive player, like Travis Zajac or Zach Parise or even Langenbrunner.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
It's become very clear that we've got problems with big teams. And Winnipeg is a very good, big team so this game was always going to be tough.

It's just too bad we lost this game within a few minutes while dominating the rest of the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This Henrique talk has become ****ing unreadable... It's so exhausting reading the same **** over and over and over again...

Please, make a Henrique thread and stop derailing every other ****ing thread with the same tirades again and again...
I don't think I'd ever stop talking about him if he had his own thread.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Played bad for 2 minutes out of 60 and it resulted in a blowout. It's aggravating as f*** but if they didn't have a 90 second brain fart thy probably get at least a point out of this.

I am not a fan of Hynes, never have been. Can't think of a single coaching move or decision he's ever made that I've been impressed with. Now recently he's purposely making roster decisions that make us slower and concentrate all the talent in the top 2 lines when earlier in the season we had speed and skill spread out across all 4 lines.

I think this is a playoff team. If they wind up not making it I think that's on Hynes.

Reactions: Maine Fan

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
I don't think I'd ever stop talking about him if he had his own thread.

I know that. Every season you've got 2 or 3 scapegoats who you can't stop bitching about no matter what they do. It's just so damn tiresome.

Really, you don't need top repeat 100x that you don't want to give Henrique a new contract at 5 million, especially during games, because you know what? It doesn't freaking matter now.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
It's beyond not scoring and you know it.

While this is factually correct the problem with Henrique is he really does add very little when he's not scoring. I would say it's Ryder-esque except he's not even scoring as good as pre-Devils Ryder (or as bad as Devils Ryder).

If the argument is around deciding what to do with Henrique long term contract wise, it's fair enough to wonder if he's worth committing to on like a 6 years @ $5M contract. I've said before it's not like I think he's a core piece, but I'm bashing against the sudden uprising of "OMG Henrique sucks" type posts when he's played like this all along. He is what he is...I think in this league he's a valuable middle 6 player.

But if the argument is still "why isn't Zacha playing when Henrique is"...the same "it's more than just points" point applies to him. He's largely invisible out there and hasn't put up any point in 12 of 15 games this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know this is lazy analysis and not exactly something that I personally agree with forming a hypothesis over, but I know that ''Hockey people'' (coaches, media, commentators, agent's) do this all the time.

If I'm Patrik Stefan (assuming he's still Zacha's agent) I'm calling up Hynes right now and saying ''Pavel is playing next game, right?''. And then pointing out our goals for in the games he's missed, then the goals for in the one game he has played since he started becoming a scratch, in which he actually had an assist.

2 goals against Edmonton, who everyone is obliterating right now. 2 goals against Florida and Reimer, who everybody is destroying when Reimer is in net. Shutout by the Leafs and only 2 goals here today.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know that. Every season you've got 2 or 3 scapegoats who you can't stop *****ing about no matter what they do. It's just so damn tiresome.

Really, you don't need top repeat 100x that you don't want to give Henrique a new contract at 5 million, especially during games, because you know what? It doesn't freaking matter now.
Except my scapegoats are actually deserving of it.

You act like I rip on good players. I'm not the one ripping on Severson or trashing Taylor Hall or Zajac over here. The players I rip on, are very deserving. Like Sergey Kalinin? One of the worst excuses of a player to regularly dress in an NHL game over the past several seasons....

Was he not deserving of being trashed? Was Ruutu in his last year not deserving of being trashed? The only thing he wasn't deserving of was playing at all. Jacob Josefson as our 3C and averaging not even 20 points per 82 games, while getting PP time and as our 3C? Was he not deserving of being ripped either?

And when you have a BAD team like we have for the last several seasons, there's gonna be a lot of blame to go around for BAD players. And most of the players that I trash are BAD players.

Henrique isn't exactly a BAD player, but he's an overused player, and he's worse than some other guys who don't get any rope at all. You know what? Henrique might actually be the best player that I've trashed in recent years. Because all of the players that I ''Scapegoated'' were complete and utter TRASH. They didn't even belong in the NHL and none of them are in the NHL anymore, other than Josefson, who is probably out after this year. Remember back when I used to trash Bernier back in 13-14? He hasn't been in the NHL permanently since leaving us either. Or how about Ponikarovsky in 12-13? He's been a 4th liner in the KHL ever since leaving us. Peter Harrold? Where's he been the last 3 years? Mark Fraser? How about him? Where's he been? Seth Helgeson?

Last edited:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Henrique is ice cold right now but the criticism of him is over the top imho. I don’t even care for him much as a player but he’s not any different now than he’s been his entire time here. Streaky as f*** and when he’s cold, his limitations stand out more. But he has not been as bad as some are making him out to be. He’ll heat up soon enough.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This Henrique talk has become ****ing unreadable... It's so exhausting reading the same **** over and over and over again...

Please, make a Henrique thread and stop derailing every other ****ing thread with the same tirades again and again...

Especially given how completely illogical it is given he's producing at precisely the same clip he has for his ENTIRE career = LOL.

It's just more evidence how emotional some people get here and need a scapegoat at all times. Similarly, Mueller was the illogical scapegoat in the beginning of the year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Henrique is ice cold right now but the criticism of him is over the top imho. I don’t even care for him much as a player but he’s not any different now than he’s been his entire time here. Streaky as **** and when he’s cold, his limitations stand out more. But he has not been as bad as some are making him out to be. He’ll heat up soon enough.

It's exacerbated ten times by the Zacha thing though, and the whole narrative that they scratch Zacha for his play but don't scratch Henrique for his. The Henrique ripping has never been anywhere near this bad and he's always been the same player.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Severson led the team in ice time today, I think. I looked at the ice time's about a half hour ago at this point.

So you would think he isn't coming out for Prout next game.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Just because Henrique is producing at the same clip as he has his entire career doesnt mean we have to be happy with his play.

It logically makes sense that he would be the one to go in a package for a LHD

Reactions: NjDevsRR

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's not that you rip players who don't deserve it Bleed, it's the fact that you literally post the exact same thing over and over and over and over again. It just gets kind of annoying after a while.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Just because Henrique is producing at the same clip as he has his entire career doesnt mean we have to be happy with his play.

Exactly. We complain about him every year when he does this, and should not be a thing that we are all okay with. It makes worse this year with the whole situation with Zacha and how other players lack of good play is ignored yet a younger guy like Zacha gets signaled out. I do not like how he has been treated.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Especially given how completely illogical it is given he's producing at precisely the same clip he has for his ENTIRE career = LOL.
Not anymore, he's not.

Henrique is now on pace for 39 points this year. His career average is 46 points per 82 games.

39 points in 82 games would be the second worst point per 82 in his career. Only his 16 points in 42 games in 12-13 (31 point pace). A few games ago he was on pace for the clip he's been at his entire career, and I understand that a couple points over his next few games, will get him right back to that pace, but his lack of points the last few games is really taking him below his career average. He's also on pace for only 13 goals this year, which would be a career low in a full season. He even had 11 in the 42 games he played in the lockout year.

And he also averages 30 even strength points per 82 games. This year? On pace for 13 even strength points. I don't think he's THAT bad, he'll probably score a few more and that will come up a little bit, as his on-ice shooting percentage is one of the lowest on the team right now. But he's also currently on pace for his worst season in his career in many regards. Second worst as far as points per 82 goes, and he only played 42 games in 12-13 because of the lockout and starting out the year injured.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It's exacerbated ten times by the Zacha thing though, and the whole narrative that they scratch Zacha for his play but don't scratch Henrique for his. The Henrique ripping has never been anywhere near this bad and he's always been the same player.

Well with Zacha, I think the staff is severely underwhelmed with a player that they expect much more from. He’s also young and still developing, so scratching him may actually serve a purpose. Scratching Henrique, well you’re not going to draw blood from a stone here. I think we can all agree that Zacha hasn’t put it together yet. Quite frankly, the other rookies on the team are embarrassing him. They’ve all managed to find a way to contribute and find a role. Hopefully this benching is the kick in the ass he needs. I can’t really disagree with Hynes and co on this one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's not that you rip players who don't deserve it Bleed, it's the fact that you literally post the exact same thing over and over and over and over again. It just gets kind of annoying after a while.
Like I've said before, I probably have a mental illness. High-functioning autism of some sort.

Not officially diagnosed, but show many symptoms. Especially when it comes to something I'm passionate about. Not so much in the things that I have no interest in.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we don't need to scratch Henrique to accommodate Zacha, that makes us even worse.

We can fit both in the lineup, whereas we handicap our lineup, if we have to choose between one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia