GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Am I the only one bothered that Hynes didn't pull Kink when we had sustained pressure with about 3 minutes left. Any other coach would have done it. There's really nothing to lose.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not top 5 goaltending. Like, the reincarnation of Marty and Hasek combined, but better.
The really unsustainable thing about their play (and ours before that 42 save shutout) is the 12+% shooting percentage on the season.

We see .930 goaltending maintained over a season, every year by a goaltender or two. They usually don't maintain it over season after season, but sometimes will do it over a full season.

How often does a team shoot at 12+% over a full season though?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah nobody ever pulls the goalie down three unless it's literally a last game of the season type desperation or it's done pretty early like one time in Carolina where I think Brent Sutter did it down three with like ten minutes to go.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I like Henrique, but his lows are really, really low.

I wonder if that hit earlier rung his bell or just scared him away from trying the rest of the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This game pretty much sums up all the problems with the current team. Future is bright, but this is still a building season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
whatever

be better next game. play Zacha. give Gibby time on the powerplay. etc.

I'd rather keep Gibbons where he's at. He serves a use as a fourth liner in limited minutes who causes havoc. The more you play him the less effective he is when he does play, IMO.

If anything, put Zajac there and get Boyle off of it.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
What don't you get? I want no part of any player that you can write out of ~35 games a year. His contributions are nowhere near commensurate with the ice-time and responsibilty he gets.

Not sure what expectations you have for a 40-45 point player...but here's a fun fact...you won't find a 45 point player in the league that doesn't have at least 37 pointless games over the course of a season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I pray MoJo is better when he returns. I was ecstatic when Shero signed him, but holy crap he was terrible before getting injured.

He was, but he was still fast, skilled, and created plays that ended in goals.

Right now we look better defensively, but significantly less creative and slower through the lineup. I think we have to win with overwhelming speed and pressure in the o zone, not by trying to tighten up a bit defensively. We don't have the horses for that style.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not sure what expectations you have for a 40-45 point player...but here's a fun fact...you won't find a 45 point player in the league that doesn't have at least 37 pointless games over the course of a season.

While this is factually correct the problem with Henrique is he really does add very little when he's not scoring. I would say it's Ryder-esque except he's not even scoring as good as pre-Devils Ryder (or as bad as Devils Ryder).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad