GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils (1-1) vs. the New York Islanders (2-1) at Barclays, TV on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Harrold should be treated like drinking, all in moderation.

thats ******** man....drinking should be in the cup of the holder.

....the D ice time tonight was spilt with greene (top D) and harrold (border 7th) with around` 24 minutes...others were sever, helg,with 22.....

...but ya,,,its still preseason........

we wont see harrold regularly this season. who knows with this glut of players looking for jobs in jersey

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Boucher-Henrique-Ryder
Clowe-Elias-Havlat
Ruutu-Gomez-Zubrus
Josefson

drop Gionta, Bernier, and Brunner

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Elias made fun of Henrique and Havlat's shootout moves and thinks we need international rules and should just let Boucher go everytime haha.

Although that's a good line, honestly I'm worried it's still in their heads. People think the shootout is random, but it's not when you lose this many in a row and look bad doing it. Maybe when (if) they finally win one it goes away, but until then :shakehead

And it's not like the guys going in the shootout last night had zero chance of making the team.

Camille the Eel

Boucher has to make this team and be given a top six slot.

Sorting out the embarrassment of riches in this training camp will be a huge decision in how this season goes. Can they find the twelve forwards, seven defensemen or so, who will blend . . .

Once again it's up to the GM and Coach. There can be in this mix a playoff contender if they handle it right.

The competition is going to be fierce amongst teams that are pretty evenly built right now - that's one thing I'm taking away right now. Rangers, Philly, Columbus, Devils, even Carolina, Washington, all look pretty much on a par, not to mention Pittsburgh, Detroit . . .

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Watching the Elias/Havlat line toy with the Isles in their zone at times was very encouraging. It looked like Sedin-level passing and movement. There was one shift in particular when I was pretty captivated at the puck and player movement.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Watching the Elias/Havlat line toy with the Isles in their zone at times was very encouraging. It looked like Sedin-level passing and movement. There was one shift in particular when I was pretty captivated at the puck and player movement.

My thoughts is look at that PP with Gomez Heg and Severson manning points.

Now replace them with Zids Gelly and Merrill. Add in Jagr and Camm at forward and now think of the possibilities

It could be very good.

Status Quo*

Got home at 2:30am after hanging in Brooklyn after the game and then had to be up at 7am for work :laugh:

I did not like the arena. The upper concourse during intermission was horrible. CAA and the Coliseum 1 level concourse are better then the upper concourse there. I sat in sec 221 to start but moved over to 209 for the 2nd and 3rd. 221 felt dark and far away from everything. Had a pretty good view and didn't have heads in my way. I moved over to 209 row 18 I think to sit with my friends and spent the whole time hunched over to see. So many heads blocking the view. When I could see, I thought the view was pretty decent. That area behind one of the goals though is complete garbage. I don't understand how that's going to work. Behind the glass on that side, they built up stands to go right up against the glass. Looked like 4 rows on either side and 8 rows right behind the goal. It was pretty easy to get to the place. Outside the arena seemed like pretty decent night life. But overall, not a fan. For $1 billion, they could have made the concourses bigger. What a joke that was. Oh, btw Kinkaid's GF and her Dad were sitting directly behind me in 209 :laugh: Her Dad's a Rags fan but was rooting for the Devils which he never thought he would lol

Also, the ushers don't stop you from going to your seat while play is going on. People were getting really upset about that.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I promise I'll stay up late and watch season games, I value sleep over pre-season games though :laugh:

I see the shootout losses continue, so status quo there. How did the young guys look (Bouch, Severson, Kinky, Matteau, etc..)?

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I promise I'll stay up late and watch season games, I value sleep over pre-season games though :laugh:

I see the shootout losses continue, so status quo there. How did the young guys look (Bouch, Severson, Kinky, Matteau, etc..)?

They all looked solid. Several is going to be solid needs more games at this speed to hone in his timing etc but has the tools

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I find very little people mentioning Jagr. You know, the guy who lead us in scoring last year? Has he been in the shadow? Or what is going on? He is the Selänne of this team who will either make it or break it concerning our playoff thoughts.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I find very little people mentioning Jagr. You know, the guy who lead us in scoring last year? Has he been in the shadow? Or what is going on? He is the Selänne of this team who will either make it or break it concerning our playoff thoughts.
Well, he only played in the game against the Flyers, so there's not much to say.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The only way Boucher doesn't make this team is because of the bulk of contracts on this team. Think about it this way. He'd be playing as a rookie next year and if he plays 82 games in the top 6, he should get around 35-45 points. Only 7 rookies had over 35 points last year. He would be making an impact, and he wouldn't be behind other rookies as well.

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Is there a place online where I can watch a full stream from yesterday's game for free? I'm looking to watch it on the big screen with the HDMI cable I just got.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
The only way Boucher doesn't make this team is because of the bulk of contracts on this team. Think about it this way. He'd be playing as a rookie next year and if he plays 82 games in the top 6, he should get around 35-45 points. Only 7 rookies had over 35 points last year. He would be making an impact, and he wouldn't be behind other rookies as well.

Unfortunately that first sentence is why he probably won't make it.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

He has only played one game, Jagr is the type of guy that needs to get into a rhythem. See the first 5 games of last year because he missed all of camp. He will be fine

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Lol, I doubt Boucher makes the team, let alone gets 35-45 points. He'll be the first injury callup though.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He does what Cory does which is come out WAY to far to challenge the skater. It doesn't work.

It works great, if you are capable of getting a good backward push and can close the back door. Watch Jonathan quick and how aggressively he comes out, but more impressively how fast he gets back to the post.

Cory sucks at this. Might be worst part of his game next to the grenade handling.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Just curious, but don't you think we are all getting taken in by the fools gold that is Scott Gomez?

I mean, it is obvious that he is better than fedosucko, and Bernier, and any of the A guys except boosh and mats. The guy can still dangle and has not altogether lost his jets.

That said, even in his talentless state, gionta brings tons more to the team. JJ has a future.

I think of all the times that gomer was a huge liability out there 10 years ago. I can't imagine we should jettison someone like Brunner with better speed and talent, and younger legs just to stuff gomer back into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad