GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils (1-1) vs. the New York Islanders (2-1) at Barclays, TV on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just curious, but don't you think we are all getting taken in by the fools gold that is Scott Gomez?

I mean, it is obvious that he is better than fedosucko, and Bernier, and any of the A guys except boosh and mats. The guy can still dangle and has not altogether lost his jets.

That said, even in his talentless state, gionta brings tons more to the team. JJ has a future.

I think of all the times that gomer was a huge liability out there 10 years ago. I can't imagine we should jettison someone like Brunner with better speed and talent, and younger legs just to stuff gomer back into the lineup.

People want 'another Sykora story'. But Sykora wasn't taking anyone's job either, there was a total vaccum on a top six wing position. Gomez would be taking someone's job which makes him more polarizing (to me) off the bat, never mind his ******bag personality.

And yeah I want to see more than one lousy preseason game against half an Isles team before I anoit him comeback player of the year.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
People want 'another Sykora story'. But Sykora wasn't taking anyone's job either, there was a total vaccum on a top six wing position. Gomez would be taking someone's job which makes him more polarizing (to me) off the bat, never mind his ******bag personality.

And yeah I want to see more than one lousy preseason game against half an Isles team before I anoit him comeback player of the year.

Agree that we need to see more out of Gomez before coming to any conclusions. But, I'm not sure what age has to do with anything. Brunner probably is t on the team next year. There's a bunch of mediocre talent (Zubrus, Ruutu, Josefson, Gio) who are gone in two years. I like all the names I've mentioned, but I'm not deluding myself into thinking these players are going to turn into something different. They are who they are. If Gomez (or Boucher) can deliver better results, I want the better player in the lineup. Age is irrelevant.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Josefson a future? What the hell has he done that has future written on him? More like no future, at least with the NJD.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Why is a GDT still open from 2 days ago :laugh:

We have two seperate conversations going on the same topics in 2 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad