GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils (1-1) vs. the New York Islanders (2-1) at Barclays, TV on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gomez is BETTER than some of the TRASH we have signed this year. Alright I said it.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Peter Harrold was the 3rd best defensemen in the lineup tonight.
I for sure thought at least 4 goals were getting by poor Kinkaid with that kind of help.

Pleasantly surprised, actually.
**** shootouts, though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Peter Harrold was the 3rd best defensemen in the lineup tonight.
I for sure thought at least 4 goals were getting by poor Kinkaid with that kind of help.

Pleasantly surprised, actually.
**** shootouts, though.

Kinky actually looked good outside that nasty gaffe in the first. He is the backup in my mind.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kinkaid, Gomez and the Elias/Havlat combo looked good. Greene is so clearly the best D man on the team.

Harrold is brutal, yet I think he played the entire OT.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sign Gomez plz and thnx.

Drop Komisarek, Carter, and Fedotenko. Waive Bernier. Kinkaid should be the backup too, but god he sucks in shootouts.

Would be bad if we scored in the shootouts this year, but goaltending in it really screws us instead.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sign Gomez plz and thnx.

Drop Komisarek, Carter, and Fedotenko. Waive Bernier. Kinkaid should be the backup too, but god he sucks in shootouts.

Would be bad if we scored in the shootouts this year, but goaltending in it really screws us instead.

He does what Cory does which is come out WAY to far to challenge the skater. It doesn't work.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Kinky actually looked good outside that nasty gaffe in the first. He is the backup in my mind.

Pretty big brain fart, but the fact that it didn't rattle him is promising. He had a lot of quality saves off of quality players.

Harrold gets a lot of flack on here, but he's a pretty good utility player & worth keeping him around.

Thoughts on Peter Harrold aside (I'm actually not that down on him as a #7)... this was the d lineup:

Greene-Severson
Helgeson-Harrold
Burlon-Komisarek

The drop off from the 1st pairing is Grand Canyonesque.
And I thought they found a way to hold their own after the 1st. Not bad.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
So Gomez put himself in the running tonight. Very Solid game for him. Havlat and Elias looked awesome at moments in this game, though Elias seemed to screw up on his end a few times.

Boucher, didn't do anything wrong, but his impact today was minimal. Maybe Henrique hurt the line today.

Matteau had his moments, but it doesn't seem like they get much ice time.

Tootoo and Fedetenko had minimal impact today.

The group of D-men was pretty decent.

Komisarek surprisingly looked solid today. Physical, and really no mistakes.

Severson had a quiet game, but for a defensemen, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I lost track of Burlon and Helegson with their numbers. Helegson seemed to be the more physical of the two.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
NJ has so much trouble scoring in the shootout, but the goalies are making it impossible to win them. Schneider was terrible in pretty much every shootout he participated in, usually getting scored on almost every shot, and Kinkaid got beat twice on three shots tonight. NJ has got to avoid the shootout at all costs. Start pulling the goalie in the last minute of OT if necessary.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Pretty big brain fart, but the fact that it didn't rattle him is promising. He had a lot of quality saves off of quality players.

I forgot about Kinkaid. Overall he's looked very solid. He's definitely shaky with the puck handling. I think he made a mistake like that in the Ranger game as well. Goal-tending alone though, he's looked like he could definitely grab the back-up job so far.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
NJ has so much trouble scoring in the shootout, but the goalies are making it impossible to win them. Schneider was terrible in pretty much every shootout he participated in, usually getting scored on almost every shot, and Kinkaid got beat twice on three shots tonight. NJ has got to avoid the shootout at all costs. Start pulling the goalie in the last minute of OT if necessary.

Kinkaid was beat twice on two shots

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

I'm not worried about it yet. Though I didn't like how some outside forces, maybe the hockey gods, seemed to put a rut in the ice where Henrique was stick handling. That concerned me a little bit. Not sure if divine intervention is getting involved in the Devils shootouts.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I forgot about Kinkaid. Overall he's looked very solid. He's definitely shaky with the puck handling. I think he made a mistake like that in the Ranger game as well. Goal-tending alone though, he's looked like he could definitely grab the back-up job so far.

Instead of imploding he bounced back and made some really high quality saves. That says more to me then the actual mistake.

Boucher I think looked fine, not as outstanding as the Rags game but I noticed his hustle and had a couple of good plays. He doesn't look out of place which says a lot to me.

I was suprised how well the PP looked with the guys who were playing. Elias and Havlat look great together. Ryder looks better, and shockingly Gomez looked good.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not worried about it yet. Though I didn't like how some outside forces, maybe the hockey gods, seemed to put a rut in the ice where Henrique was stick handling. That concerned me a little bit. Not sure if divine intervention is getting involved in the Devils shootouts.

Ya that urked me. That puck was bouncing all over the place, that was a hockey gods moment for sure.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
New shootout plan. Every player comes in and takes a slap shot, and the goalies go Hasek and just start flailing and flopping. Can't get worse. That might at least make things interesting. I'd love to see Gelinas walk in uncontested and just lay into a slapshot from 10 feet out.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
New shootout plan. Every player comes in and takes a slap shot, and the goalies go Hasek and just start flailing and flopping. Can't get worse. That might at least make things interesting. I'd love to see Gelinas walk in uncontested and just lay into a slapshot from 10 feet out.

I was just thinking the same thing. At this point, why the hell not? Boucher needs to be on the team just to give them a chance of scoring in the shootout at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad