Your least favorite Penguin?

darkbrew*

"I think Paul Martin needs to be gone." etc etc :laugh:

I don't hate any of them.

My least favorite right now is Letang. On one hand, I love the guy, but hate that he robbed the Penguins blind with his last contract. $5.5ish mil maybe. But $7.25?!?!?! Ugh.

He's just not that consistent and makes too many mistakes to be paid like other number one dmen.

Frankly it shows nobody in here knows what the **** theyre talking about :nod: There is a reason Dan Bylsma is the coach of an NHL team and we are all on a message board.

Letang may do stupid things, but he does even more positive things that clearly go over peoples heads (TTeoT).

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Orpik. Glass and Adams suck too, but at least they're cheap, play a position where we're relatively thin, and aren't mouthpieces.

Being a dumb, expensive critic who can't acknowledge his own mistakes and keeps much better defensemen down the depth chart is a quadruple whammy.

Amen.

He and his attitude can GTFO as far as I'm concerned. It's pathetic that our young kids whom are playing better than he has are being continuously held down by that clown.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Why doesn't anybody else hate Kobasew? Adams can at least PK, Glass sometimes hits people every once in a while, Orpik is actually an NHL player, and Pyatt has pretty eyes. Kobasew does literally nothing.

There's a reason why I call him Koba-Who

99.9% of the time you totally forget he's even on the team.

Malkinburgh

Nov 19, 2011
Orpik.
He is taking Despres spot when Martin comes back.

Niskanen is a close second, then Gladams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Taylor Pyatt. Send him back to the Rangers. Somehow. Please.

Fleury, orpik, Glass, Adams, All need to go asap.

5g5YpdF.gif

The right answer is: Dan Bylsma.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Bylsma.... the only guy who seems likeable I have ever dreamed of taking a baseball bat to.

Glass among the players. There is just no argument for him being useful to this team. No reason to personally dislike him other than that.
Orpik I don't dislike... done too much for the club... but he IS the player I would prefer to be traded before any other (if only because Glass and Adams who certainly merit a roster position less you can just hide without it really mattering).

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate the entitlement and that actually runs through pretty much all of them. Probably save the young guys just getting here.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Orpik. Glass and Adams suck too, but at least they're cheap, play a position where we're relatively thin, and aren't mouthpieces.

Being a dumb, expensive critic who can't acknowledge his own mistakes and keeps much better defensemen down the depth chart is a quadruple whammy.

I've only read the first page, but this is the best post I've seen so far, IMO.

I really, really hope that the Penguins take advantage of some other team who think that Orpik's "winning experience, toughness and leadership, blah blah blah" is worth giving up a good package for. I will be very disappointed if we don't trade him by the deadline. If we were to re-sign him, I may look for the nearest bridge.

Chraa

May 9, 2009
Stockholm
Glass / Adams at least play small roles, "Regular season all-star - post season scrub Fleury" does not.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Orpik can be so very frustrating, but at least he has a history of raising his game for the playoffs. Thought he showed all of us last year, for instance. As long as we don't resign him, the dude is safe from my ire.

It's Gladams that drives me nuts. I know they are just bottom sixers, and I know it's actually DB's personnel management that is the biggest issue.

But man I get so FRUSTRATED seeing those two slow-as-molasses guys out on the ice TOGETHER getting dominated by the other team. Over and over and over and over and over again, when it clearly doesn't work!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
DB, playoff Fleury, Glaadams.
In that order.

It's gonna be Shero if he doesn't land Sid's Neal soon too.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bylsma

GladamsOrpikPlayoffsFleury
Orpik is really on the rise, though, and Bylsma has dragged Dupuis and Engelland up there.

Is Kobasew a Pen if I keep forgetting about him?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I've only read the first page, but this is the best post I've seen so far, IMO.

I really, really hope that the Penguins take advantage of some other team who think that Orpik's "winning experience, toughness and leadership, blah blah blah" is worth giving up a good package for. I will be very disappointed if we don't trade him by the deadline. If we were to re-sign him, I may look for the nearest bridge.

Answer the question! We want you to admit that you hate 47!

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

This player for the exact reasons you've articulated. At this point in time, all he has going for him as far as I'm concerned is his birthplace, and he didn't even grow up in the area.

In a related note, the only thing redeeming about Adams is also his birthplace.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Tanner Glass... for some reason I keep getting told by people that he's this physical force the Pens need on their bottom 6. His hits are terrible. His hits can usually be described as glancing blows (at best), gentle nudges (most of the time) or catching mostly glass. He somehow has credit for 119 hits and I wager that less than 25 of those hits where productive and/or solid bodychecks.

He doesn't do anything on offense, he's a liability on defense (which is scary because when he's on the ice his line is usually spending 90% of their time in their own zone). So it's not like he has any redeeming qualities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad