Orr - McClaren
Matthews - Marner

Honourable mention:

Phaneuf - Liles had some amazing chemistry on the powerplay

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Dave Dunn / “ milkman “ Claire Alexander
Dunn had one of the oddest helmets I’ve ever seen. I remember he had a fight against a Flyer {might have been battleship Kelly} and destroyed him. He was a strong dude.

Alexander, and I say this affectionately, might have been one of the ugliest Leafs, along with Manno.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Dunn had one of the oddest helmets I’ve ever seen. I remember he had a fight against a Flyer {might have been battleship Kelly} and destroyed him. He was a strong dude.

Alexander, and I say this affectionately, might have been one of the ugliest Leafs, along with Manno.
Lololol
We used to say the same thing about Dunn , absolutely one of the stupidest Lids ever , I think Dave Burrows wire one of those for a brief time ?
And also , Barry Gibbs on the Atlanta flames may have as well ....
Speaking of helmets , I remember when Sittler donned a helmet , one of the weirdest sights ...
And yes Alexander kinda looked like Popeye
Also Manno had some brilliant Norris trophy games , unfortunately, just a few lol , I think he put up some gaudy numbers that one year with the leafs , I want to say , 50-60 points ??? Anyway some solid numbers , but that was it ... ahem Bob liked to party with some party choices let’s just say lol
We used to go to the Buffalo almost every weekend to party at the bar scenes there ( 747 club , Uncle Sams , The Late Show etc etc lol ) and on the way back Sunday mornings stop off at the Falls ( beautiful Canadian side that is ) and then go to Manno’s Parents Breakfast restaurant and sometimes see Bob and shoot the crap with him , if I can remember , I think he took over the place after his career was over lol
Go Leafs Go

Last edited:

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019

upload_2021-2-13_6-0-11.jpeg

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
From recent memory

Forwards
Kessel-JVR/Lupul
Kadri-Lupul
Kadri-Marner
Kulemin-Kadri-Lupul (was a solid line when Lupul wasn't injured LOL)
Sundin-XXX (Sundin was a freakin' BEAST regardless of who he played with)
Matthews-Nylander
Tavares-Marner
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin (that was a solid line for a season)
Orr-McLaren against the habs that game and cherry kissing kadri :laugh:

Hon Mention: Domi and Tucker on ice together causing mayhem ;)

BEST: Matthews-Marner this season is just on another level. Probably THE BEST duo we've ever had

Defense
Muzzin-Holl
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Polak (hey it was a good pairing for one season)
Rielly-Brodie (think it will be good)

BEST: Kaberle-McCabe (it was good for a while - sometimes at night I still yell shoot because of the PTSD from Kaberle not shooting)

Goalie Tandem:
Freddy/McBackup
Freddy/Campbell (seems to be okay)
Giggy/Riemer (it was alright for a few games)

BEST: waiting on this one.......... (hon mention: Cujo/Schwab)

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny

Kaberle - McCabe

Belfour - Aubin (When Aubin went on a ridiculous 11 or so games to finish the season off)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
My favourite Leaf line of all time was Errol Thompson -- Darryl Sittler -- Lanny McDonald

However one Leafs most underrated lines was

default.jpg

Bill Berg -- Peter Zezel -- Mark Osborne

That line was just a pain in the ass to play against and very effective as shift disturbing each game.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
My favourite Leaf line of all time was Errol Thompson -- Darryl Sittler -- Lanny McDonald

However one Leafs most underrated lines was

default.jpg

Bill Berg -- Peter Zezel -- Mark Osborne

That line was just a pain in the ass to play against and very effective as shift disturbing each game.
Couldn’t agree more !!!!

like I’ve said , if the Leafs had that 3rd line today , bring on the floats ....

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Damphousse, Fergus(and company), Marois

This line immediately implodes without Vincent, who talent v.s. attention was always underrated.

Marois peeking at 76 points is an incredible display of chemistry with Damphousse.
Can you imagine Leaf prospect Roni Hirvonen putting up 54 points this season?

Can you also imagine playing four goalies with the best save percentage being Mark LaForest with a .886?
Ah those were the years...

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Damphousse, Fergus(and company), Marois

This line immediately implodes without Vincent, who talent v.s. attention was always underrated.

Marois peeking at 76 points is an incredible display of chemistry with Damphousse.
Can you imagine Leaf prospect Roni Hirvonen putting up 54 points this season?

Can you also imagine playing four goalies with the best save percentage being Mark LaForest with a .886?
Ah those were the years...
My favourite tidbit from that season is that Tie Domi played 2 games for us and had 42 pims.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad