Kaberle - McCabe
Iafrate - Murphy

Belfour
Potvin​

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
McKenney might have been Sweeter and Sexier than Willie. LOL.

Will never forget Jimmy scoring into the Leaf empty net against the Sabres and then as the goal, given to Rick Martin (RIP) was announced, showed Jimmy on the bench swearing. He was a beauty.
I used to love when he came from around our net and stick handle right in front , awesome ,the garden crowd would gasp in fear and anticipation
Ef I miss the Gardens

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
McKenney might have been Sweeter and Sexier than Willie. LOL.

Will never forget Jimmy scoring into the Leaf empty net against the Sabres and then as the goal, given to Rick Martin (RIP) was announced, showed Jimmy on the bench swearing. He was a beauty.
Oh man!! I have to find that on YouTube!

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
I used to love when he came from around our net and stick handle right in front , awesome ,the garden crowd would gasp in fear and anticipation
Ef I miss the Gardens
I’m with you!
I miss the narrow corridors with the concrete block walls, the front Facade and Marquee, the fact that it was nestled into a city neighborhood.
It was truly Hockey night when you rounded the corner on Carlton and saw the Marquee.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
My first favourite Leaf player as a boy was Dick Duff. He was the Leafs’ top scorer in 1958-59, the first year I really followed the team. The best line he was on was a bit later, including the Cup winners of 62 and 63. That line was Duff, Keon, and Armstrong. The 1963 team was one of two teams in Leaf history to both finish first in the regular season and also win the Cup. (The other was 1948.). That line remains my favourite to this point.

But Matthews and Marner are catching up fast!

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I’m with you!
I miss the narrow corridors with the concrete block walls, the front Facade and Marquee, the fact that it was nestled into a city neighborhood.
It was truly Hockey night when you rounded the corner on Carlton and saw the Marquee.[/QUOTE
The very few times I went as a kid many many years ago , which was rare , I never ever got out of my seat the entire duration of the game , not even when I needed to go , but couldn’t stop looking around constantly at the scenery .
But I did walk the gardens before and after as much as I could , trying to get into as many nooks and places as possible until security would dash me out ..
I’ve said this before ...I’m lucky to have watched and listen the last two cups and remember them vividly..
Been a fan for 55 or so years
Love the current team especially AM this year , wasn’t all keen on him prior I must admit other than his enormous offensive talent , but man has he put it all together this year

Reactions: Captain14

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
My first favourite Leaf player as a boy was Dick Duff. He was the Leafs’ top scorer in 1958-59, the first year I really followed the team. The best line he was on was a bit later, including the Cup winners of 62 and 63. That line was Duff, Keon, and Armstrong. The 1963 team was one of two teams in Leaf history to both finish first in the regular season and also win the Cup. (The other was 1948.). That line remains my favourite to this point.

Duff was great
My favourites obviously were and are Teeder and Davey and Sittler and Salming , Palmy , Broda , Bower , Clark , Horton ,Horner , and many more
Just as a side note , and I’ve ne ruined this before
Our middle sons name is Keon Kennedy Leaf

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
My Leafs Fandom Era all-leafs team:

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Clark - Gilmour - Andreychuk
Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny
Vaive - Tavares - Kessel

Rielly - Salming
Kaberle - McCabe
Iafrate - Murphy

Belfour
Potvin​
The only change I would make is replacing Belfour and using Curtis Joseph instead of him.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Did Berezin and Steve Thomas play together? Really liked those two as a kid but I'm not sure if they were a duo.

But really, nobody holds a candle to 34-16 or 34-88.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Just got my replica Bower ring
upload_2021-2-12_12-40-2.jpeg

upload_2021-2-12_12-40-52.jpeg

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Bester and Wregget
Daoust Anderson and Vaive
Damphouse Marois
Ihnacak Frycer Poddubny
Clark and anyone
Olczyk Leeman
Gilmour Andreychuk
Sundin Thomas
Tucker Corson
Mitch and JT
Mitch and AM

Reactions: Teeder Keon

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
Darryl Sittler, Lanny McDonald and Errol Thompson.

my all time favourite line .. my first real leaf heartbreak was the trade - errol thompson and a 1st for snowshoes maloney ...
don cherry was coaching the bruins and said "when you play the leafs you can't stop those guys, you just try to limit the damage"

Reactions: Captain14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad