Your FAVORITE Pens moment of this era (Sid/G) in a GIF or Video

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Two things about the aftermath of that:

1) Hilarious that Geno got challenged for that hit. It was perfectly legal
2) NYR fans think that was a dirty hit, yet proclaim the Trouba elbow was "just a hockey play"
Yeah that was textbook shoulder to shoulder, but he did absolutely murder two Rags with that hit.

2016-2017 was a very special time for any NHL franchise. Gifts.
Those two B2B teams were just so much fun to root for.

Reactions: SEALBound

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Here's an underrated one but I remember the moment well. Crosby hatty wearing the CAGE against the Sens in the second round of 2013 playoffs. Basically the moment we knew we were waltzing to the Eastern finals. Iginla was a Pittsburgh Penguin and the vibe was (still) good.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
My favorite "pest" over the years, also was oddly good in the shootout and had some absolute beauties. Variations of the same backhand move every time but 4 for 7 in shootout/penalty shots in his career.

Jeez- no love for Erik Christiansan? The shootout maestro? :)

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Jeez- no love for Erik Christiansan? The shootout maestro? :)
I loved EC... legitimately had an elite wrist shot but not the ability to get it off and no other redeemable qualities. Now Michel Ouellet on the other hand...

If Talbot score that, that's legitimately a top 10 goal in franchise history lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man, the Igloo would get so loud. Miss that so much. All this newfangled stadium technology is messing up the vibe man.

Amen. When you were in section f***ing C or D, you were literally hanging over sections B. That place was AWESOME to watch, but shit to walk around in :laugh:

The new stadiums make you feel so far away from people.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Man, the Igloo would get so loud. Miss that so much. All this newfangled stadium technology is messing up the vibe man.
The acoustics in the Consol are f***ing terrible. I don't know what the f*** is going on there. I'd guess it's treated so that the on ice stuff can get picked up for the TV feed/mic'd up (but not so clearly we hear the swearing) or for its multi-use potential, but they suck for a hockey barn.

Conversely, the Igloo was awful for concert sound, but it was great as a hockey arena.

Amen. When you were in section f***ing C or D, you were literally hanging over sections B. That place was AWESOME to watch, but shit to walk around in :laugh:

The new stadiums make you feel so far away from people.
That's kind of the vibe they were going for, though. Economically, the new arena makes WAY more sense for the franchise, no doubt. But as a fan experience, it doesn't rate. Which just shows I think where the priority is in modern sporting venues.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I was really sad when Ruutu left. Although, we did get Cooke the next year and it helped for the CSK line so that was nice.

Reactions: WickedWrister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad