Your FAVORITE Pens moment of this era (Sid/G) in a GIF or Video

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm 35, and when Sid and Geno have a bad night now I totally get it, because whenever I go and play hockey, there are nights I feel old as f*** :laugh:

Granted they're in a billion times better shape than I am, but I sympathize with how hard it is to go up against 20 year olds once you get into your late 30s.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm 35, and when Sid and Geno have a bad night now I totally get it, because whenever I go and play hockey, there are nights I feel old as f*** :laugh:

Granted they're in a billion times better shape than I am, but I sympathize with how hard it is to go up against 20 year olds once you get into your late 30s.
Dude I just pushed my wifes car up a slight incline because her battery died and I needed to move it, and my body hurt for 3 days.. and I'm 27 in decent shape. I don't even wanna know how these guys stay elite NHL players at 35+

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Mar_21_2017_19_00_58.gif

RIDICULOUS LEVERAGE
My wrist wants to break just imagining a one handed backhand

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm gonna go with a couple of obscure ones:

Watching the bench go nuts for the guy always brings a tear to my eye. What a moment for him.

5 on 3 SHGs are so rare...better that it was Cooke against Philly.

My favorite Malkin goal.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That Kunitz goal
I'm gonna go with a couple of obscure ones:

Watching the bench go nuts for the guy always brings a tear to my eye. What a moment for him.

5 on 3 SHGs are so rare...better that it was Cooke against Philly.

My favorite Malkin goal.

That Malkin goal is the most satisfying goal. The ping is just... can't top it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I will stand by that is the best goal i've seen. I've never seen someone split the defense and purposely use a 1 handed backhand top shelf. That is insanity.
yeah, it's wild we got two guaranteed 1 ballot HHOF dudes who stayed here their entire careers and playing amazing hockey into their dottage. And that's in addition to the other legendary players who've laced up for this team.

everyone posts the goals, and there's a wealth of absolutely filthy goals this team has scored, but I'm sticking with my favorite non-goal moments, and man, Geno can throw some hits when he wants. absolutely love how he trucked Girardi here:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know about yinz, but I really miss when this team was a bunch of likeable dudes from top to bottom.

I will stand by that is the best goal i've seen. I've never seen someone split the defense and purposely use a 1 handed backhand top shelf. That is insanity.
It's definitely one of the best of the Sid/Geno era, and right up there with some of Jágr and Lemieux's filthiest moments, for sure.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
yeah, it's wild we got two guaranteed 1 ballot HHOF dudes who stayed here their entire careers and playing amazing hockey into their dottage. And that's in addition to the other legendary players who've laced up for this team.

everyone posts the goals, and there's a wealth of absolutely filthy goals this team has scored, but I'm sticking with my favorite non-goal moments, and man, Geno can throw some hits when he wants. absolutely love how he trucked Girardi here:

Two things about the aftermath of that:

1) Hilarious that Geno got challenged for that hit. It was perfectly legal
2) NYR fans think that was a dirty hit, yet proclaim the Trouba elbow was "just a hockey play"

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
^ 16 was my favorite team of this entire era. I f***ing love that team.
How that entire season shaped up was pure magic. You couldn't have scripted a movie any better than that.

The only thing that should have happened was us taking the cup in Game 5 at home. We obliterated SJS that game and Jones stood on his head. Shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad