Your Deadline Addition Wishlist

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Kerfoot for Chiarot straight up? Even salary swap. Montreal needs help at C/W, we need a big tough D-man who can eat some hard minutes.
Draw up an NHL contract for Ho-sang.

Stinger8

Feb 16, 2021
I don't watch enough of him to know if he is a good fit, though the value and term seem great for what those in the know insist he brings.

For me, the team needs a more physical presence on the back end, wherever that might be found. If they find the space for two and sign Ho-Sang to a Big League deal, I would consider Dubas over achieving on the teams objective.

Ideally they pick up a confident, seasoned D Man (or two? Am I overoptimistic?) who is able to handle opposition forwards. Every Cup team has such players on the back end. Sandin might be such a player in 2-3 years as he enjoys a physical game, in my eyes he is a Blue Chip. it's simply a matter of experience and comfort in the NHL. I really enjoy his willingness though.

Muzzin will bounce back, healthy, determined and a force in the playoffs while dealing with tough matchups. He has plenty of years ahead of him. Proud D Men don't fall off the map, they wake up one day and decide they have had enough (Look at Chara or Chelios for example).

Point taken though. The rigors of a physical, strong headed game against tough matchups lead to wear and tear. It's why strong players can use the support of the same type of player that they are in order to share the demands.

In Muzzin I see a guy who is on cruise control. It looks like he has lost that fire. He plays softish compared to his past. Gets hurt often, does not fight to get back in the line up. I would actually use him if possible to move to get a guy that is actually like the guy he was 5 years ago. Wont be a popular opinion around these parts but I have had enough of his indifference. When is the last time he really got physical, I mean actually nasty?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
in a perfect world.
replace kerfoot with hertl or miller or giroux
figure out a way to turn dermott and ritchie into mayfield or like dman
trade for a 4th line body who is better than clifford

hertl/miller/giroux matthews marner
bunting tavares nylander
mkheyev kampf kase
engvall spezza simmonds
extra body

reilly brodie
muzzin mayfield/dman
sandin holl
liligren

Kerfoot has no value in trades & was one of our only good players last playoffs, also has insane speed. I would be surprised if he got traded. He's very much apart of our success this year on top of that. Having Kerfoot being able to play middle lineup and the 4 man unit with mikheyev kampf kase is just annoying as hell for any team when they have to deal with 2nd and 3rd line and all the interchangeable players with speed

We need D

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Kerfoot has no value in trades & was one of our only good players last playoffs, also has insane speed. I would be surprised if he got traded. He's very much apart of our success this year on top of that. Having Kerfoot being able to play middle lineup and the 4 man unit with mikheyev kampf kase is just annoying as hell for any team when they have to deal with 2nd and 3rd line and all the interchangeable players with speed

We need D

So... Kerfoot is a good player in the playoffs, has insane speed, been a big part of our success, and having him on the roster makes us hard to deal with... but he has no trade value?

I'm sorry, this is an extreme logic fail. Somehow, it's doubtful that only Leafs fans, and leafs brass can see his value... Who cares what the rest of HF thinks, GM's around the league aren't as dumb as them.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
In Muzzin I see a guy who is on cruise control. It looks like he has lost that fire. He plays softish compared to his past. Gets hurt often, does not fight to get back in the line up. I would actually use him if possible to move to get a guy that is actually like the guy he was 5 years ago. Wont be a popular opinion around these parts but I have had enough of his indifference. When is the last time he really got physical, I mean actually nasty?

He needs a strong partner who can support him physically. I wonder if he looks around and sees players who aren't the strong type come playoffs and it creates doubt in the value of his own sacrifice.

Obviously I'm just postulating, but I've seen it before in players who question the point. Putting potential bumps and bruises aside as a reason for lost interest.

His teammates have to convince him (fans have the same doubts) that they can play as they did last night against the Canes, and then some.

I'm seeing Marner play a little more like a Hyman or Bunting, but with his skill set and vision. Guys like him have to let the trench-like players such as Muzzin know that "I am ready to be in the trenches with you, especially this post season".

Then keep their word. Don't back down. Don't fear the opponent.

I'm big on the psychology of athletes.. Players know who is giving their all, willing to go through a wall and who is holding back.

If Muzzin sees others standing up for one another, fighting back and getting into dirty areas etc, it will encourage him to continue to sacrifice knowing it isn't for naught.

He is competitive and wants to win. If he is healthy, he has years of strong, tough hockey left. Another like him would be gold.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’m more and more liking the idea of Chychrun.

But is there a way to get him including Ritchie and not losing Sandin or Liljegren?

Ritchie
Dermott
Niemela
2023 1st
2022 2nd

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

We need D

no value and spends 2 sentences saying how amazing he is ...... logic fail ?
you know whos better than kerfoot , ? miller, gioux, hertl, pearson etc etc etc about a dozen+ other lws that will be available at the deadline

stop falling in love with players that are expendable.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I Don't want the leafs to do anything major, maybe trade Mrazek , call up woll or Erik Källgren.

Mrazek hasn't impressed me at all this season. Woll has not either but to me they are a wash . Roughly the same GAA, close to the same save % , ( Woll has a slight edge but 3 less games played ) . You're gonna ride Campbell through out the playoffs anyways. Erik Källgren has been decent at the AHL level and above average numbers in international leagues.

I read somewhere Mrazek was getting a lot of interested , Trade him gain an asset . Than use your 1st and the asset acquired to address goaltending in the off season.

I love Campbell but over his last 7 games excluding his most recent one vs the devils you can tell his load management is bugging him. He went from the best SA% in the NHL to the worst SA% in the NHL . He's half way through the season and all ready played the most games he has ever in single season. With that said you can make the argument that Mrazek is valuable to the leaf's for those reasons stated above. I would still prefer to call Woll up and give him a chance to see where he's at in his development. See if he's ready or able to take the next step. I honesty don't think woll is the future of the leaf's but at the same time we have no other goalie prospects ( well we do but they are all sub par at best ).

Cambell will be turning 31 I'm not sure how many more years he has as a starter we truly need a young STUD goalie prospect to develop with our team and take us to the next level. Someone who we are able to lock up for the next 4-5 years like we did with Andersen so he could grow with our team. There's quiet a few teams who have young stud goalies and have good goalie prospects in their system. Maybe we could do a trade with one of them to adress or future goalie problem .

You don't trade Marazek now unless you have a trade lined up for somebody else because you don't want to be 1 injury away from Woll and Hutchinson that's not a good idea

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Truth! Pretty sad goaltending depth really. Always been a problem for the Leafs

Goaltending depth as it currently stands is pretty good.

Campbell
Marazek
Woll

Is pretty good especially since Woll was solid when called upon.

But I still don't want a guy with 4 career games as the backup even If he Is 3-1.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
We need a legit 2nd pairing RD. Holl is insanely, ridiculously terrible. WAYYYYYY too many plays like this by him this year:

A 13 year old dman knows he’s got to take the pass there, but Holl somehow manages to cover nobody, and he pulls equally terrible plays constantly.

Our team is otherwise really good, a legit contender, but Holl is a glaring weakness. It’ll be real tough to get though Tampa and/or Florida with Holl dragging down the 2nd pairing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaneFalco

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
We need a legit 2nd pairing RD. Holl is insanely, ridiculously terrible. WAYYYYYY too many plays like this by him this year:

A 13 year old dman knows he’s got to take the pass there, but Holl somehow manages to cover nobody, and he pulls equally terrible plays constantly.

Our team is otherwise really good, a legit contender, but Holl is a glaring weakness. It’ll be real tough to get though Tampa and/or Florida with Holl dragging down the 2nd pairing.

Hey at least he pointed at the puck carrier..... ??

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
I hope Dubas pulls out all the stops to get Chychrun. Also, I would love to see Dubas get big Z.

Brodie/Reilly
Muzzin/Chychrun
Chara/Sandin

Good gawd!!

Reactions: Stigma

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Pre-season I thought this would be the year to hold onto their 1st and still think so.

Map out the Leafs contract situation for the next ~2-3 years+; becomes clear that the ’23 or ’24 1st rd would be more attractive to move, as TOR will likely need to make another impact D addition (ala LA trade) due to the internal options all being quite similar stylistically and Muzzin’s role needing to be replaced eventually.

With numerous big contracts to older players (JT, Brodie, Muzzin), there’s also the outside possibility that they need to dump a negative value contract using a 1st as well. Need to prepare for that reality and after not drafting in the first round twice, now is a good opportunity to replenish some futures while still icing a contender.

IMO F & D alternatives that provide depth and might not cost a 1st:
  • Soucy/Giordano
  • Roy
  • Schenn
  • Braun
  • Myers, Cousins
  • Kubalik, De Haan
  • Paul
  • Wood (LTIR until playoffs, opens cap)
  • Carrick (RH C, 14th forward)

Would much rather chase Lindholm in FA than deplete half a decades worth of futures for Chychrun too, but would not be opposed to using Mikheyev to dip into a higher tier add.

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad