Your Deadline Addition Wishlist

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
You guys honestly thought this was a bubble team.

That's on you.
Yeah no don't even go there that was a few posters - mainly one
Once again if they win I will publicly apologize for being wrong. They go out yet again early you'll be talking excuses and stats.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
But I'm sure 16 putting the puck over the f***ing glass 4 series straight is totally forgotten
Not at all. I have been super critical of Mitch’s playoff failures. Check my post history I’m very consistent and reasoned.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If you guys were ever remotely close to being right about how good this team is then I might consider your takes but you guys are just so far off year after year.
you really have convinced yourself that stat mining to show the Leafs are the bestest team in league is how games are decided instead of actually goals

but hey if that how you cope with being 1 of 2 teams who haven't won a rd since the cap was implemented then have at er

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
you really have convinced yourself that stat mining to show the Leafs are the bestest team in league is how games are decided instead of actually goals

but hey if that how you cope with being 1 of 2 teams who haven't won a rd since the cap was implemented then have at er

Do you not realize that the Leafs are elite in both actual goals scored and actual goals allowed?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Do you not realize that the Leafs are elite in both actual goals scored and actual goals allowed?
do you realize you've told me the Leafs have been elite for the last 13 years ?

and have whined non stop on every board for the same 13 years how the Leafs don't get enough respect for being an elite team

Reactions: Cleetus

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
@zeke in all honesty you're a good poster and you do criticize some of the desicions made but don't you see where I'm coming from? I've lost faith and no stats are going to change that - only results

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I understand you want to believe this is true, but we both know it's not.
everybody that knows you knows it's true , lol

and that's why you can't just sit back and enjoy the season without trying to run around and rub it in on other teams fans who've made you the brunt of their jokes after every failed season

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
everybody that knows you knows it's true , lol

and that's why you can't just sit back and enjoy the season without trying to run around and rub it in on other teams fans who've made you the brunt of their jokes after every failed season

I know it makes it easier for you to pretend that I predicted the Burke teams were ever elite, but it never happened, and we both know it.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I know it makes it easier for you to pretend that I predicted the Burke teams were ever elite, but it never happened, and we both know it.
easier how exactly ?

every f***ing year your on here whining the Leafs don't get enough respect then disappear after every early exist

unlike yourself i enjoy the sport as well as being a Leaf fan so i can enjoy watching talented players without feeling the need to shit on them if their not a Leaf or enjoy a well played game even if we lose without losing my f***ing mind and blaming the universe for being anti Leafs

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
easier how exactly ?

every f***ing year your on here whining the Leafs don't get enough respect then disappear after every early exist

unlike yourself i enjoy the sport as well as being a Leaf fan so i can enjoy watching talented players without feeling the need to shit on them if their not a Leaf or enjoy a well played game even if we lose without losing my f***ing mind and blaming the universe for being anti Leafs

Heh yeah you really seem like you're enjoying yourself!

Reactions: Mitchy

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Tucker was on Kyper show last week and told about deciding to fight heavyweight Niel of the Sens in order to change the momentum of the series. Who steps up in weight class risking getting a beating on the current roster ??

Simmonds every fight

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Heh yeah you really seem like you're enjoying yourself!
obviously i am since i'm not the one who disappears at the end of every of every season

anyway back to the thread

-tough mobile defensive D who can make a first pass
-solid 2 way 3rd line C so we can move Kampf to the 4th line

Reactions: ToneDog

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
obviously i am since i'm not the one who disappears at the end of every of every season

anyway back to the thread

-tough mobile defensive D who can make a first pass
-solid 2 way 3rd line C so we can move Kampf to the 4th line

Your let's pretend list keeps growing.

Now you have to pretend I wasn't here in the summer predicting the Leafs would be an elite team this year.

So much pretending, all to avoid even considering the fact that you might have been just a wee bit wrong.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
@zeke in all honesty you're a good poster and you do criticize some of the desicions made but don't you see where I'm coming from? I've lost faith and no stats are going to change that - only results

Sure. As long as you understand where I'm coming from - that this the first legit elite core and roster of my lifetime, and that if I managed to keep the faith through decades of actual shit there's no way in hell that I'm going to lose faith now that we finally have an elite toung roster that nobody would be surprised to see win multiple cups.

This team is awesome - and the fact that the biggest criticis of this roster also completely whiffed on how good it actually is, again, doesn't exactly give me any reason to doubt it.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
who said all they did was punch people in the face ?

but don't worry those type of players arn't allowed in the league anymore so your 5'9'' - 170lbs D are safe

and there you have it ... the madela effect in action .
you do realize there are only 2 players on this roster that are under 6 foot and like 3 guys under 185 ...... but yeah go ahead and keep with that stupid narrative

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
and there you have it ... the madela effect in action .
you do realize there are only 2 players on this roster that are under 6 foot and like 3 guys under 185 ...... but yeah go ahead and keep with that stupid narrative
but our prospect pool is overloaded with small players

and fyi Tucker was a small guy , he was just bat shit crazy , lol

anyway this really isn't the point which is how triggered some fans get whenever someone mentions the team needs to get tougher

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Your let's pretend list keeps growing.

Now you have to pretend I wasn't here in the summer predicting the Leafs would be an elite team this year.

So much pretending, all to avoid even considering the fact that you might have been just a wee bit wrong.
i said you disappear after the season ends which you do , didn't say it was for the whole summer

and since the season is only half over lets hope they can keep up their elite record

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Simmonds every fight

Thought about him but he hasn't really done it against somebody above his weigh class. He's also well beyond his best before date. Tucker was was not strictly an enforcer. Bunting could but he does not seem interested. Was criticized this week for not dropping the gloves when he had a chance. Don't recall who it was against.

Edit was by Tucker on podcast with Kyper. Kyper asked about Bunting and Subban tangling and Bunting did not drop the gloves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Man

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
i said you disappear after the season ends which you do , didn't say it was for the whole summer

and since the season is only half over lets hope they can keep up their elite record

It is great having an elite team during the regular season but truth be told most Leaf fans are waiting to see if they can get it done in the playoffs IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad