Your Deadline Addition Wishlist

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Tucker was on Kyper show last week and told about deciding to fight heavyweight Niel of the Sens in order to change the momentum of the series. Who steps up in weight class risking getting a beating on the current roster ??
I don't ever remember Tucker fighting Neil in the post season? When was this?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What Would Darcy Tucker Look Like on the 2021/22 Leafs? | Podcasts - Sportsnet.ca
What Would Darcy Tucker Look Like on the 2021/22 Leafs? | Podcasts - Sportsnet.ca

Was a game when he took on the Sens bench. Says he was taking punches from Neil on the head. Gave them swagger and the series they played that year.

OK so Darcy Tucker taking on the Sens bench was awesome, no doubt.

BUT....

- that was regular season, not playoffs
- the Leafs lost that game 4-1
- the Leafs lost their next game against Ottawa 3-1
- the Leafs then lost in the first round to philly
- the Sens won the president's trophy, then lost the conference finals in 7gms to cup champs NJ

The Leafs did manage to beat the Sens in the playoffs the following year (thank you Lalime!), but the leafs also were the better team in that regular season, too.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
OK so Darcy Tucker taking on the Sens bench was awesome, no doubt.

BUT....

- that was regular season, not playoffs
- the Leafs lost that game 4-1
- the Leafs lost their next game against Ottawa 3-1
- the Leafs then lost in the first round to philly
- the Sens won the president's trophy, then lost the conference finals in 7gms to cup champs NJ

The Leafs did manage to beat the Sens in the playoffs the following year (thank you Lalime!), but the leafs also were the better team in that regular season, too.

I get it, you think this team is elite and doesn't need to add toughness.
Not even the coach calling them too soft is enough to change your mind.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The team doesn't lose too often these days, but a couple of games where they looked particularly exposed was the Ranger comeback game where they were sort of battered down behind their own goal line, rookie defense pair exploited, and the Colorado game where the Avs speed and pressure overwhelmed them late in the game. So maybe not the cartoon idea of toughness, but more wingspan, mass and ability to stop the opposition on the cycle would be important additions.

Beyond adding those toughness and grit elements, not really sure what else you could do to shore up the team. It's brand is elite skill over everything else anyway, so theoretically the answer is already in the room. So you add toughness where you can, plug up the vent in the Death Star the best you can.

Yeah that game against the Rangers was a scary reminder of what can happen to our group during playoff style hockey. I’m looking forward to seeing how we play tonight against a serious contender like Carolina and playing some better teams in our remaining schedule. How we do over these next few weeks playing down the stretch will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: ToneDog

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Chychrun for me. He's a limited time offer player because his franchise in shambles. Put him with a team not named Arizona and he's an untouchable.

Muzzin is aging out and our two closest prospects are ????? to be second pairing D. So you need to start BPA the d-core now instead of focusing on what we need today in this exact moment. If we get Jakob they'll deal with the rest later. It's hockey basics actually. Chychrun for sure has to be no.1 on Dubas "player with term" list.

Reactions: Stigma

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I get it, you think this team is elite and doesn't need to add toughness.
Not even the coach calling them too soft is enough to change your mind.

I mean we can make up stories about Tucker or we can say what happened. I dunno.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I Don't want the leafs to do anything major, maybe trade Mrazek , call up woll or Erik Källgren.

Mrazek hasn't impressed me at all this season. Woll has not either but to me they are a wash . Roughly the same GAA, close to the same save % , ( Woll has a slight edge but 3 less games played ) . You're gonna ride Campbell through out the playoffs anyways. Erik Källgren has been decent at the AHL level and above average numbers in international leagues.

I read somewhere Mrazek was getting a lot of interested , Trade him gain an asset . Than use your 1st and the asset acquired to address goaltending in the off season.

I love Campbell but over his last 7 games excluding his most recent one vs the devils you can tell his load management is bugging him. He went from the best SA% in the NHL to the worst SA% in the NHL . He's half way through the season and all ready played the most games he has ever in single season. With that said you can make the argument that Mrazek is valuable to the leaf's for those reasons stated above. I would still prefer to call Woll up and give him a chance to see where he's at in his development. See if he's ready or able to take the next step. I honesty don't think woll is the future of the leaf's but at the same time we have no other goalie prospects ( well we do but they are all sub par at best ).

Cambell will be turning 31 I'm not sure how many more years he has as a starter we truly need a young STUD goalie prospect to develop with our team and take us to the next level. Someone who we are able to lock up for the next 4-5 years like we did with Andersen so he could grow with our team. There's quiet a few teams who have young stud goalies and have good goalie prospects in their system. Maybe we could do a trade with one of them to adress or future goalie problem .

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Chychrun for me. He's a limited time offer player because his franchise in shambles. Put him with a team not named Arizona and he's an untouchable.

Muzzin is aging out and our two closest prospects are ????? to be second pairing D. So you need to start BPA the d-core now instead of focusing on what we need today in this exact moment. If we get Jakob they'll deal with the rest later. It's hockey basics actually. Chychrun for sure has to be no.1 on Dubas "player with term" list.

I don't watch enough of him to know if he is a good fit, though the value and term seem great for what those in the know insist he brings.

For me, the team needs a more physical presence on the back end, wherever that might be found. If they find the space for two and sign Ho-Sang to a Big League deal, I would consider Dubas over achieving on the teams objective.

Ideally they pick up a confident, seasoned D Man (or two? Am I overoptimistic?) who is able to handle opposition forwards. Every Cup team has such players on the back end. Sandin might be such a player in 2-3 years as he enjoys a physical game, in my eyes he is a Blue Chip. it's simply a matter of experience and comfort in the NHL. I really enjoy his willingness though.

Muzzin will bounce back, healthy, determined and a force in the playoffs while dealing with tough matchups. He has plenty of years ahead of him. Proud D Men don't fall off the map, they wake up one day and decide they have had enough (Look at Chara or Chelios for example).

Point taken though. The rigors of a physical, strong headed game against tough matchups lead to wear and tear. It's why strong players can use the support of the same type of player that they are in order to share the demands.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I Don't want the leafs to do anything major, maybe trade Mrazek , call up woll or Erik Källgren.

Mrazek hasn't impressed me at all this season. Woll has not either but to me they are a wash . Roughly the same GAA, close to the same save % , ( Woll has a slight edge but 3 less games played ) . You're gonna ride Campbell through out the playoffs anyways. Erik Källgren has been decent at the AHL level and above average numbers in international leagues.

I read somewhere Mrazek was getting a lot of interested , Trade him gain an asset . Than use your 1st and the asset acquired to address goaltending in the off season.

I love Campbell but over his last 7 games excluding his most recent one vs the devils you can tell his load management is bugging him. He went from the best SA% in the NHL to the worst SA% in the NHL . He's half way through the season and all ready played the most games he has ever in single season. With that said you can make the argument that Mrazek is valuable to the leaf's for those reasons stated above. I would still prefer to call Woll up and give him a chance to see where he's at in his development. See if he's ready or able to take the next step. I honesty don't think woll is the future of the leaf's but at the same time we have no other goalie prospects ( well we do but they are all sub par at best ).

Cambell will be turning 31 I'm not sure how many more years he has as a starter we truly need a young STUD goalie prospect to develop with our team and take us to the next level. Someone who we are able to lock up for the next 4-5 years like we did with Andersen so he could grow with our team. There's quiet a few teams who have young stud goalies and have good goalie prospects in their system. Maybe we could do a trade with one of them to adress or future goalie problem .

No freaking way you trade Mrazek when our only other goalie is, at least for now, a UFA at the end of the year. If campbell goes through stretches where he looks a bit worn down, this is EXACTLY why you need a capable backup. MrAzek started rough, injury troubles etc, bit has come around a bit. You can't expect any athlete to hit the ice 100 after a long layoff, especially a goalie.

This team is clearly in "win now" mode, so definitely NOT the time to "call Woll up and give him a chance to see where he's at in his development. See if he's ready or able to take the next step." So if Jack gets injured, you're going to ride a chunk of the season on Woll? Sounds scary to me.

Let's tighten our D a bit, give both our goalies some confidence and get them in a groove. We have ALOT of games coming up in a short span, we're gonna need all hands on deck.

Now... in the offseason if jack re-signs? Whole different ballgame..

Reactions: glue

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No freaking way you trade Mrazek when our only other goalie is, at least for now, a UFA at the end of the year. If campbell goes through stretches where he looks a bit worn down, this is EXACTLY why you need a capable backup. MrAzek started rough, injury troubles etc, bit has come around a bit. You can't expect any athlete to hit the ice 100 after a long layoff, especially a goalie.

This team is clearly in "win now" mode, so definitely NOT the time to "call Woll up and give him a chance to see where he's at in his development. See if he's ready or able to take the next step." So if Jack gets injured, you're going to ride a chunk of the season on Woll? Sounds scary to me.

Let's tighten our D a bit, give both our goalies some confidence and get them in a groove. We have ALOT of games coming up in a short span, we're gonna need all hands on deck.

Now... in the offseason if jack re-signs? Whole different ballgame..
Safe to say they aren't going to trade Mrazek in season, not a chance

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Safe to say they aren't going to trade Mrazek in season, not a chance
Very unlikely. The only way I can see them moving Mrazek is in a bigger deal where Fleury is coming to Toronto. Again unlikely though.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
in a perfect world.
replace kerfoot with hertl or miller or giroux
figure out a way to turn dermott and ritchie into mayfield or like dman
trade for a 4th line body who is better than clifford

hertl/miller/giroux matthews marner
bunting tavares nylander
mkheyev kampf kase
engvall spezza simmonds
extra body

reilly brodie
muzzin mayfield/dman
sandin holl
liligren

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Very unlikely. The only way I can see them moving Mrazek is in a bigger deal where Fleury is coming to Toronto. Again unlikely though.
Fair enough. 'Not a chance' wasn't literal, nothing is ever 100% and your scenario although unlikely, could work.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

1: mrazek is an off-season move, there’s 0 chance they go into the stretch with campbell and a rookie.
2: There’s no future goalie issue, either Campbell is re-upped and a cheaper back up comes in or mrazek takes over and they bring in another tandem guy to split the net.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Just get Dubas the best dman a 4th round pick can buy :)

Please stop trying to make big impact moves at the deadline, they don't work as much as you'd think.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No. Did he claim his fight helped them win when they lost all their games to Ottawa and then went out in the 1st round?

IIRC the Tucker Leafs won at least a round and made it to the Conference finals. How many times did they beat the favoured Sens in the playoffs ??Give it a listen. He does say more good things about this team than bad.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone else interested in going for Kubalik from the Blackhawks?

Last edited:
Reactions: jiggy35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad