Olympics: Your country's best player so far in tourney?

tomf

Apr 13, 2007
Halak followed by Hossa. But I really liked Handzus, Stumpel and Zednik too (ok, Demo was also pretty good)

debil

Sep 23, 2006
I'd go with Chara. The D is the key to success. As far as Chara is on the ice, we can shut down anybody.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Besides that important goal with russia he was not visible enough to be the best player.

I think he has been visible, but he´s having trouble with scoring efficiency, he has a lot of opportunities, just doesn´t capitalize on them. But yes, there are other players who deserve being called best player more than he does so far.

habomatic

Sep 1, 2007
Wow..stupid that so many posters think this is a joke thread and put "funny" suggestions up for best player so far. Don't get where these wiseasses come from...
Anyways...heres my take so far:
Germany: Disapointing but Greiss
USA: Backes has been a revelation in my eyes. Miller has been solid, I get the feeling with all those odd man ruses, Esche would have let some in back in 06.
Canada: I liked Heatley's game so far.
Switzterland: Hiller, obviously.
Norway: Honestly, that whole team has impressed me. I can't pick one because I have been impressed with everyone. They have played their hearts out from the second the puck dropped in Game 1.
Russia: Disapointing in general, need to see another game to decide. Fedorov perhaps?
Czech: Jagr hands sown.
Sweden: I've liked the Sedin brothers, no surprise that they look comfortable here.

I can't list Slovakia or Finland as I havent seen enough of either. Hope to get a closer look tomorow and Monday.

Wow, you're from alot of countries!

Chemical Dave

Dec 26, 2008
Probably Heatley, Weber, Nash. In that order. (although Weber has hit more Canadian players than the net with his shot, he has been really solid)

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Weber has been very steady on the backend and I think Morrow deserves some credit as the hardest hitting forward on Canada and has really played his role as good as you could ask for, really good choice for a leadership energy guy and I think he's only going to become more important as the tourney roles on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad