Olympics: Your country's best player so far in tourney?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
For those of you saying Pavelski did you even watch the Swiss game? He was terrible. A turnover machine. Sure he turned it around in the Norway game but we have only played 2 games so I don't see how he can be considered the best when he had a bad game.

Definitely Backes.
Common, he's poor-man Joe Sakic.

:sarcasm::snide:

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I'd say Timonen has been the best for Finland, but they're playing well as a group. Mikko Koivu has looked very good, too.

For the US, hmmm...Backes has been very visible. Bobby Ryan was very good throughout the first game, not just on his goal.

hplovecraft

Dec 8, 2006
Heatley, Iginla, and you could even say Richards, for Canada. Nobody, to me, has stood out on the back end positively. A few have stood out for bad reasons, however.

korben*

Mikko Koivu has been our best player in about fifteen national games in a row....(5 years)

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Heatley, Iginla, and you could even say Richards, for Canada. Nobody, to me, has stood out on the back end positively. A few have stood out for bad reasons, however.

I don't know how you can't give Heatley the top possession for best forward at least for Canada thus far. He's tied for lead in goals and points for the team, and has put up a consistent offensive effort in both the games we've played. What has Iginla done? He helped in the beatdown of a very weak team, while Heatley contributed to that, and was also instrumental in the win against the Swiss, while Iginla was benched!

Sharks line has been our top offensive unit thus far, and Heatley has shone the brightest out of those 3.

Note: How does Thornton randomly only have 1pt so far?

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
Obviously it sounds homer but IMO it's been Backes.

You could say Bobby Ryan, Ryan Miller, or Joe Pavelski (-Swiss game) and you wouldn't be wrong.

All I know is the top line has to be better if we want a shot against Canada.

hplovecraft

Dec 8, 2006
I don't know how you can't give Heatley the top possession for best forward at least for Canada thus far. He's tied for lead in goals and points for the team, and has put up a consistent offensive effort in both the games we've played. What has Iginla done? He helped in the beatdown of a very weak team, while Heatley contributed to that, and was also instrumental in the win against the Swiss, while Iginla was benched!

Sharks line has been our top offensive unit thus far, and Heatley has shone the brightest out of those 3.

Note: How does Thornton randomly only have 1pt so far?

He's been good, but other players have, as well. Iginla was benched unfairly, IMO, so it doesn't reflect on his play so much as Babcock's decisions. Richards has impressed me with his ice-time, too.

Thornton randomly has 1 point on that line because he's the weakest player out of the 3.

The guy above me mentioned Weber, and I would agree, actually. He's been the team's best defender, IMO, so far.

Wes McSnipes*

USA: David Backes and Ryan Malone

Powerforwards FTW! They have been great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad