Post-Game Talk: YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!!!! Jets win 4-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Peluso literally didn't cross my mind there. Yes, he would be the best choice but also the least likely.

Agreed- I like Tony - he is a grade A teammate but we need wins not KO's. Still- our coach will see a value in him that will keep him making popcorn in the pressbox

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Saw the first period and the highlights this morning. Lowry looked a step quicker to me in the first. But that doesn't make sense on it's own - spending a week in the AHL doesn't make you quicker. Maybe just bringing a higher level of intensity to every shift so he doesn't get sent down again?

Helle with another great game. This guy is for real. Nice road win. We needed it. Of course, doesn't help with our draft pick net year.

In regards to Lowry his intensity and desire were never the issue. Before being sent down Lowry had clearly lost his confidence and I think this was the biggest factor affecting his play. Like you already stated he clearly hasn't suddenly become a step quicker but he is now playing with much more confidence and putting himself in better positions to react to the play.

Stafford was interviewed after Lowry was sent down and he had some interesting insights into what Lowry was going through. He said when you lose your confidence you start thinking too much about what to do next and when this happens you stop moving your feet the way you need to in order to keep up to the play. He said the key is to allow your instincts to take over and it looks like Lowry has figured this out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well put PS. I am currently also trying to sort through competing hopes and expectations. But come game time I put the cheer leader hat on and cheer for the boys. I do get real pleasure from each strong performance by one of the young guns. With each game Helly is cementing the belief we may have final found a true starter. And last night I really enjoyed watching the progress Armia is showing. And #27 getting a smartly played empty netter was icing on the cake.

Yea King I made the mistake of getting so caught up in us getting a top 5 draft choice in 2013 that I was unhappy when we beat Boston at home in the second last game of the season then was openly cheering for the Flames vs the Jets in the last game of the year. I remember watching the Calgary game at the Shark club and coming home after and "enthusiastically" posting my disappointment in the win and what it cost us in the draft standings. I believe it was called out by Romang who said honestly "I don't like you" then I think I replied "I hate myself right now too". That was it, the next day I said I would never ever cheer against out team again because it really sucked and its not who I am. Now I cheer for our team every game day but if we lose in a season like this it doesn't bother me too much either. Sounds like a bipolar post doesn't it :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea King I made the mistake of getting so caught up in us getting a top 5 draft choice in 2013 that I was unhappy when we beat Boston at home in the second last game of the season then was openly cheering for the Flames vs the Jets in the last game of the year. I remember watching the Calgary game at the Shark club and coming home after and "enthusiastically" posting my disappointment in the win and what it cost us in the draft standings. I believe it was called out by Romang who said honestly "I don't like you" then I think I replied "I hate myself right now too". That was it, the next day I said I would never ever cheer against out team again because it really sucked and its not who I am. Now I cheer for our team every game day but if we lose in a season like this it doesn't bother me too much either. Sounds like a bipolar post doesn't it :laugh:

And one I understand and appreciate completely.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Does helle remind anyone else of Luongo?... big, takes up the whole net, no flashyness what so ever, barely moves to make saves, i cringe when he goes out to play the puck haha, very boring to watch but turning into an unreal goalie... he's soooo good but soooo boring!!haha... and I'm not knocking him.. I'm actually hyping him up and love this guy.. so good and I just feel jets have a chance to win everutime he plays!

No, it's actually fun to watch a boring goalie for once!

The casual fan in this city ooh and ahh when Pavelec plays because he is so damned clunky that he forces himself into awkward athletic saves. That wears on a goalie, and leads to bad goals.

Hutch was calm last season when he was playing well but has gotten more like Pavelec as we've gone along (coaching?)

I can't remember how many times I've watched the Jets shell a guy like Rinne and it just looks like he isn't trying at all, just stopping all the shots. Big, smart, positionally excellent. Economy of movement, great puck tracking, and vacuuming up everything.

Hellebuyck can continue to be boring as hell... I love it!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah, I really can't see them pulling it off, but if they do.. The season will have gotten quite interesting!

I still have faith, JC. I understand the cards are stacked against us but again, we have over half a season. Teams will slump, injuries will happen. Teams will play each other.

The key for the Jets is they MUST turn around their record against WC teams. Obviously Central teams especially but all WC teams. I really feel like we could easily be on a 6 game winning streak right now. Our last 3 losses I think we've played more than well enough to win.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
No, it's actually fun to watch a boring goalie for once!

The casual fan in this city ooh and ahh when Pavelec plays because he is so damned clunky that he forces himself into awkward athletic saves. That wears on a goalie, and leads to bad goals.

Hutch was calm last season when he was playing well but has gotten more like Pavelec as we've gone along (coaching?)

I can't remember how many times I've watched the Jets shell a guy like Rinne and it just looks like he isn't trying at all, just stopping all the shots. Big, smart, positionally excellent. Economy of movement, great puck tracking, and vacuuming up everything.

Hellebuyck can continue to be boring as hell... I love it!

Cheers to that..

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck with another really good game.

Glad to see Armia get his first NHL goal.

That was a very poor Sharks team.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure if it was mentioned but what's NHL teams' fascination with DeBoer. His teams always seem to go through the motions. Weird he always gets picked up so fast.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Not gonna happen Maurice won't do that. Not even a game day skate today to practice and you think he's gonna shuffle every line as well as change two of the four centers? All of this after a win?

Did I say that's what's going to happen? Did I suggest that this was a required adjustment at this time? Rhetorical questions, in both cases the answer is no. I just think with our current healthy talent, they're our best distribution of size and skill.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Did I say that's what's going to happen? Did I suggest that this was a required adjustment at this time? Rhetorical questions, in both cases the answer is no. I just think with our current healthy talent, they're our best distribution of size and skill.

Well seeing as how the question asked was "what will our lineup be if Scheifele is activated?" How was I to know you meant february or march or next year? We were talking about tonights game.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There is a TANK THREAD on this forum should you want to discuss it. Tank talk is negative for most forum users and many do not want to read it, ESPECIALLY in a celebratory PGT where we won a game, on the road, in the first half of the season.

Please keep your tank talk somewhere where like minded folks can discuss. Thanks.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Can't Peluso go on the injured list?
Does anyone know how that works?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can't Peluso go on the injured list?
Does anyone know how that works?

Haha he's got to be injured :)

I don't think doctors risk lying to the league about injuries. It's a fun meme but that is a doctors reputation, one I don't think they'd want to risk at that level. Being an NHL doctor has it's cache too.

Also, I'd imagine a team getting caught lying about that would have pretty serious sanctions brought against them.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Well seeing as how the question asked was "what will our lineup be if Scheifele is activated?" How was I to know you meant february or march or next year? We were talking about tonights game.

Wasn't it more like what people would like to see? Cripes, I've seen about 78,000 lineup suggestions so far this year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hellebuyck with another really good game.

Glad to see Armia get his first NHL goal.

That was a very poor Sharks team.

Yea they have close to if not the worst home record in the league. How the hell did that happen in the dreaded Shark Tank? I guess that is the downside of NT/NM clauses.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wasn't it more like what people would like to see? Cripes, I've seen about 78,000 lineup suggestions so far this year.

This was the post. Interpret it however you like

So what do we do with lines when Scheif is back.... And even more so when he and Pavs eventually activated, who goes down??

Stafford- Little- Wheeler
Perreault- Scheif- Ehlers
Ladd- Lowry- Burmistrov
Armia- Copp- Thorburn

objections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad