Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This was never in doubt. League gave the B's a chance to get it done on their own. Now they bring in the fixer to make sure it get's done.

Yea, the league wants Boston to win, except when they play Florida. I can’t get all the conspiracy theories straight, man.

They have so many cups. Sure, league wants them to win.

Reactions: FerrisRox

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Hope they're working on special teams. They desperately need to find some way to kick-start the powerplay.
But for real though.

Absolutely nothing on that double major was pathetic. The entire focus should be on special teams. We need to come with something new, even if you just crash the net and put pucks on net, anything would be better than the current iteration.

Reactions: The Management

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
This fanbase can't start all this nonsense again with the referees. Whether they win or lose in Game 7, it has nothing to do with the officials.

Literally last game, shortly before the first Leaf goal was scored, a Bruins player that never had the puck got plastered head first into the glass in the corner without a call. It led to a scoring chance for Robertson. It's playoff hockey, things happen, but if that had been the Bruins scoring and a Leaf player taking that hit, this place would have been filled with conspiracy theories and and baseless accusations.

This is a Canadian, Original Six market. This fanbase is way too good and way too smart to making ridiculous excuses about the referees. This market is way better than that.

My comment was half tongue in cheek and to an extent I agree. But at the same time we do have some pretty damning evidence with regards to certain referees. One who even has gone on afterwards to spend all their time talking shit about the leafs on twitter

The refs are going to do what they do and if on that particular night it’s not what it should be well that’s annoying but it’s the leafs job then to overcome the situation. Play so well that the ref cannot dictate the outcome through bad calls/non calls.

We have not seen them do that.

Saying our winning or losing has nothing to do with the refs however is simply not true in some cases even if I do agree though the ref blaming gets way out of hand at times. The margins are razor think in the playoffs and the very nature of referring is that they are picking and choosing what infractions get called. Sometimes you very much do get the short end and inconsistency

That said, lohrei going into the board was unfortunate for him but he brought it on himself by holding onto holmbergs stick as long as he did. The only reason he buckled the way he did is because he kept holding hombergs stick through the first shove which put him off balance. Matthews was dragged down by mcavoy literally in game 3 or 4 leading more directly to a goal against and it’s not gotten much consternation overall, so I don’t fully agree with your second paragraph.

Last edited:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Take it one shift at a time, simplify the game, keep your sticks on the ice, and take the body at every opportunity.

Reactions: Sypher04

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Correct, Bettman's boss (Boston's owner), put in the call

It is crazy to me that the owner of the Bruins probably has the most say in the NHL.
Only owner in the NHL with a direct line to Bettman's office, since he's the head of the NHL Owner's Association and represents every team in the NHL to Bettman.

It's also noteworthy that when Bettman wans to solicit opinions from the NHL owners, he calls in a small group of 10, and they're almost always the same 10 owners.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I heard the rumour Wes could be our ref for Game 7. That would be interesting. He's the standby ref in Nashville tonight, so would that have an effect on whether they pipe him in to Boston? Hopefully.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Hayes on Overdrive was just saying that if Boston loses tomorrow they'll be the first team in North American sports history to blow a 3-1 series lead 2 years in a row...... So I think this means that the Leafs are going to lose. Lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hayes on Overdrive was just saying that if Boston loses tomorrow they'll be the first team in North American sports history to blow a 3-1 series lead 2 years in a row...... So I think this means that the Leafs are going to lose. Lol

Leafs as a franchise have lost 6 straight series deciding games going back to 2013 game 7. I think that means they are due. They will win tomorrow.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I was telling a buddy the exact same thing. This is such a Leafy loser streak that no other team can have lol.

The Leafs have to go up 4-1 in this game. Just for the lolz.
Or Boston goes up 4-1 with 8 minutes left and the Leafs win it in OT!

Actually, please not this. My heart can't take it.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Yea, the league wants Boston to win, except when they play Florida. I can’t get all the conspiracy theories straight, man.

They have so many cups. Sure, league wants them to win.
Why do I bet Boston doesn't have an 0-8 record with Wes as the ref?

Reactions: vpasla1

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why do I bet Boston doesn't have an 0-8 record with Wes as the ref?

Yea, but you guys are talking non-sense. Why would the league hate Toronto and want them to lose? For what reason? And why does the leagues sometimes fix it for Boston but sometimes they don't?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Domi had a great game last time he played Boston in a Game 7. Bertuzzi had a good game last year for Boston in Game 7 in a losing effort. Knies has played with massive cajones. Willy’s been cool under pressure and executing. There’s a few candidates for us who can have big impacts tomorrow in a game with the highest pressure possible in round 1.

Mitch has two dogs beside him on his line, if their influence can rub off on him and cause him to have a breakout game that’d be excellent. Every other member of the Big Four have had their game or moment this series. It’s time for him to do the same.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It would likely be considered the biggest Leaf win in the salary cap era.
Which is why I believe that Keefe is now locked in for at least next season, which is not necessarily a good thing.

This fanbase can't start all this nonsense again with the referees. Whether they win or lose in Game 7, it has nothing to do with the officials.

Literally last game, shortly before the first Leaf goal was scored, a Bruins player that never had the puck got plastered head first into the glass in the corner without a call. It led to a scoring chance for Robertson. It's playoff hockey, things happen, but if that had been the Bruins scoring and a Leaf player taking that hit, this place would have been filled with conspiracy theories and and baseless accusations.

This is a Canadian, Original Six market. This fanbase is way too good and way too smart to making ridiculous excuses about the referees. This market is way better than that.
Should pin this one to the top of every thread.

Reactions: mikeyz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad