Post-Game Talk: YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!!!! Jets win 4-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
None from me, but I'd rather go like this:

Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Lowry - Scheifele - Ehlers
Ladd - Burmi - Stafford
Armia - Copp - Thorbs

Not gonna happen Maurice won't do that. Not even a game day skate today to practice and you think he's gonna shuffle every line as well as change two of the four centers? All of this after a win?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Exactly - put together 3-4 consecutive wins and we're within spitting distance of the wildcard. Sheesh - over half the season left people!

Well 6 points in 5 games was really tough to accomplish last season and that is a 1.2 PPG clip. To get to 96 or 98 points this season we would need to play at a 1.31 PPG clip to get us the nessesary 58 points (which is a 108 point team normalized over a full season).

Anything is possible when we are getting this level of goaltending from Helly but we would need to cut way back on penalties in the second half of the season and we are still probably talking about a 10 game winning streak or a 16-2-2 in 20 binge run.

A disciplined league average penalized team in front of a .930 goalie for the rest of the season with how we play 5v5 would be a fun experiment to run and as I said anything is possible but the probabilities are......well......you know.

For now I am just going to enjoy the winz because it's way more fun than losing. That being said the realist in me is no longer hating on the losses because each loss increases our odds in the Matthews sweepstakes. for me at least I am cheering for a team with nothing to lose and the pressure is off this season. I know which station our train usually stops at and that is my expectation, anything significantly better that gets us into the playoffs or significantly worse that gets us a top 3 or 4 draft pick is a bonus.

Big picture, mostly I am just enjoying the early returns on a kid that most Jets fans are preying can be our franchises first true #1 goalie. Pavs could never get the math to work and Hutch crumbled whenever he was given too much work....all Connor has done is put up spectacular numbers despite killing way too many penalties playing in front on a mind numbingly undisciplined team. :yo::yo::handclap:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Helle appeared to be much more confident in handling and moving the puck last night. Kinda nice to see a goalie help in the d-zone like that.

He iss so much better at that aspect than Hutch or Pavs - the skaters didn't always react properly when he played the puck. There were a couple of plays where the Jet forward coming back wasn't ready for Hellebuyck's handling of the puck.

Other than Chairot and Stu, the rest of the team looked in tune to the systems and each other for the most part. Thorburn needs to be on the 4th line however.

Armia and Lowry each appear to be improving; Lowry mostly by simplifying his game, and Armia using his size more effectively. Great game by both of them.

The penalties are going to continue be a problem if the team keeps having to kill off 5 or more a game. More stupidity last night.

I don't know about anybody else, especially as I didn't follow the GDT, but was anybody else getting tired of the SportsNet Sharks fan club broadcast? Mrs. Monty asked me partway through the first period why we were watching the SJ broadcast feed.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Missed the end, pmo put ehlers out with en on purpose? If it was then smart move cause that may just get a guy going.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Missed the end, pmo put ehlers out with en on purpose? If it was then smart move cause that may just get a guy going.

Ehlers was stuck out there due to multiple icing calls. No way PoMo would have had Niki out there but good on the kid for busting his slump.
He played a better game last night- he took the body a few times, made some of his rushes, and he deserved the empty netter.

Derfel*

Ehlers was stuck out there due to multiple icing calls. No way PoMo would have had Niki out there but good on the kid for busting his slump.
He played a better game last night- he took the body a few times, made some of his rushes, and he deserved the empty netter.

He deserved better than an empty netter, but we'll take it! :handclap:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Does helle remind anyone else of Luongo?... big, takes up the whole net, no flashyness what so ever, barely moves to make saves, i cringe when he goes out to play the puck haha, very boring to watch but turning into an unreal goalie... he's soooo good but soooo boring!!haha... and I'm not knocking him.. I'm actually hyping him up and love this guy.. so good and I just feel jets have a chance to win everutime he plays!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Saw the first period and the highlights this morning. Lowry looked a step quicker to me in the first. But that doesn't make sense on it's own - spending a week in the AHL doesn't make you quicker. Maybe just bringing a higher level of intensity to every shift so he doesn't get sent down again?

Helle with another great game. This guy is for real. Nice road win. We needed it. Of course, doesn't help with our draft pick net year.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So what's the roster move today? Only Armia can be demoted without clearing waivers.

edit: and Lowry, but we're not seeing that

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well 6 points in 5 games was really tough to accomplish last season and that is a 1.2 PPG clip. To get to 96 or 98 points this season we would need to play at a 1.31 PPG clip to get us the nessesary 58 points (which is a 108 point team normalized over a full season).

Anything is possible when we are getting this level of goaltending from Helly but we would need to cut way back on penalties in the second half of the season and we are still probably talking about a 10 game winning streak or a 16-2-2 in 20 binge run.

A disciplined league average penalized team in front of a .930 goalie for the rest of the season with how we play 5v5 would be a fun experiment to run and as I said anything is possible but the probabilities are......well......you know.

For now I am just going to enjoy the winz because it's way more fun than losing. That being said the realist in me is no longer hating on the losses because each loss increases our odds in the Matthews sweepstakes. for me at least I am cheering for a team with nothing to lose and the pressure is off this season. I know which station our train usually stops at and that is my expectation, anything significantly better that gets us into the playoffs or significantly worse that gets us a top 3 or 4 draft pick is a bonus.

Big picture, mostly I am just enjoying the early returns on a kid that most Jets fans are preying can be our franchises first true #1 goalie. Pavs could never get the math to work and Hutch crumbled whenever he was given too much work....all Connor has done is put up spectacular numbers despite killing way too many penalties playing in front on a mind numbingly undisciplined team. :yo::yo::handclap:

Well put PS. I am currently also trying to sort through competing hopes and expectations. But come game time I put the cheer leader hat on and cheer for the boys. I do get real pleasure from each strong performance by one of the young guns. With each game Helly is cementing the belief we may have final found a true starter. And last night I really enjoyed watching the progress Armia is showing. And #27 getting a smartly played empty netter was icing on the cake.

Derfel*

Hali goes down. He won't get claimed. Maybe they will actually do what they should and send Uselessluso down, that would make my year and it's only the 3rd.

Peluso literally didn't cross my mind there. Yes, he would be the best choice but also the least likely.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So what's the roster move today? Only Armia can be demoted without clearing waivers.

edit: and Lowry, but we're not seeing that

Good question. But Armia has earned the right to stay up and I'm guessing the organization will want to take a long hard look at him now that he is proving he can play at the NHL level. My guess is Hali is the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna