Post-Game Talk: You must be trippin... Jets lose 2-1 to the Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Burmi makes up for what we potentially lose in Fro if we can't sign him.

He11 might have just frozen over......I thought you were a hater?

:laugh:

...but... it's been a while since I've been impressed by a game by Frolik. That line was not very good tonight. Ladd got bailed out by the high stick disallowed goal - he really missed his assignment on Neal.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Burmi makes up for what we potentially lose in Fro if we can't sign him.

I think I'd prefer we try and treat Frolik and his agent more rspectfully than Derfel suggested and attempt to sign him to an extension in due course.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
He11 might have just frozen over......I thought you were a hater?

But, but, but... seriously I think this season we are seeing the real Frolik AND IT AINT THAT GOOD. If Burmi has improved, matured and comes in with the right attitude he would be an upgrade over Frolik. Burmi is a better skater and can handle the puck a whole lot better, Frolik is more intense at least compared to what we saw with Burmi before he defected.

Derfel*

I think I'd prefer we try and treat Frolik and his agent more rspectfully than Derfel suggested and attempt to sign him to an extension in due course.

We can agree to disagree - I think this team is getting good enough now that we don't need to try and lure guys like Frolik to stay long term and not put up any effort.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
After about 20 games, it looks like a rather good thing that we signed Frolik for one year. Right now I'd rather not re-sign him with Ehlers, Petan and maybe Burmistrov coming in.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
After about 20 games, it looks like a rather good thing that we signed Frolik for one year. Right now I'd rather not re-sign him with Ehlers, Petan and maybe Burmistrov coming in.

Frolik's looking about as useful as Antti Miettinen and NO that's not a positive compliment.;)

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
But, but, but... seriously I think this season we are seeing the real Frolik AND IT AINT THAT GOOD. If Burmi has improved, matured and comes in with the right attitude he would be an upgrade over Frolik. Burmi is a better skater and can handle the puck a whole lot better, Frolik is more intense at least compared to what we saw with Burmi before he defected.

So what would you offer Frolik in contract negotiations?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Might get almost as much for Frolik as Burmi in a trade. I would mind seeing the Jets trade Frolik and sign Burmi - he'd probably come cheaper, and he's good.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would like to see us get both a Fro and Burmi under contract. The more assets the better then we have players and solid talent to makes deals with.

Derfel*

I'm watching Calgary score their third goal on the "elite" goalie from Ottawa. How depressing.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Sip, lets just take a step back and remember that you've advocated that each player is their real self when they're at their worst.

You've talked about kicking Blake Wheeler off of this team more times than people have discussed Kim Kardashian's ass.

You've also discussed how bad Burmi is at scoring ad nauseum.

I think it's time for a chill pill and a time out man. Frolik is a good player and we're better off having him AND Burmistrov instead of just one or neither.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Have you been watching him play this year? No way he should be on any line but the 3rd right now.:help:

I think he's playing fine TBH. I can't imagine Buff making that line any better. Frolik played a lot better than Buff did tonight and most of the season once his hand healed.

Last edited:

DrTrevor

Oct 3, 2014
but really for about the 10 time in the last 11 we allowed 2 goals or less, the goaltending is not the issue, it's the lack of scoring.

Pav played well. has played well the entire season, the guy gets no help at all tho.

If your goalies are allowing 2 goals or less a game and you can't win, pretty sure we all know what the problem really is.

I'm astonished people could even suggest goaltending might be the problem. Our goaltending has been outstanding and at this point I'm pretty amazed they're keeping it up. Having your team average fewer than 2 goals a game can make giving up a single goal devastating for a tender. Pavs is slowly losing confidence in his team and I fear that if the losses start to pile up, his play is going to start deteriorating as well.

fmax

Jun 11, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't want to rag on our captain but either he's tired or hurt or just plain old lazy.
Too often it seems like he's letting up on the play.
It bugs the heck out of me.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm astonished people could even suggest goaltending might be the problem. Our goaltending has been outstanding and at this point I'm pretty amazed they're keeping it up. Having your team average fewer than 2 goals a game can make giving up a single goal devastating for a tender. Pavs is slowly losing confidence in his team and I fear that if the losses start to pile up, his play is going to start deteriorating as well.

If he's that weak mentally he has no business in pro sports.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
When a player isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing over a generally long period of time, people are going to get restless.

Define a long period of time?

Would it be greater or less than 3 seasons of suckage? Just need to know your standard and whether it applies to all the boys on the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad