Post-Game Talk: You must be trippin... Jets lose 2-1 to the Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just not going our way right now, just think some of us want to see a team that can actually score.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, The D is fine, but it's not the most exciting thing to watch as a fan.

Wins aren't exciting? The brand of hockey they're playing isn't exciting? I find it enjoyable to watch, and it's a rather interesting feeling to watch them play these close games, and know they can win them.

Playoffs are exciting as well: if they keep up the pace they've had over the last 11, they'll make it. They're 3rd in the division, 7th in the conference, and 15th in the league. :nod:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just outta curiousity, what is frolik actually worth right now? Not as much as he wanted in the summer i'm sure.

His RFA year won't be part of his next deal. So the AAV he asks for will be higher. (5 year 4.65M same as Clarke MacArthur is what it'll take or he tests FA)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Exactly why they should be putting the pressure on now.

You think Walsh will succumb to pressure right now? Doubtful. Even if you thought you could put pressure on him, Walsh doesn't have to do a damned thing until Jan 1st. Chevy could negotiate until he's blue in the face, think he's got a deal, and Walsh can wait it out then start again in January.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We are the only team in the western conference who has scored less than 40 goals

Only Buffalo (who now are 2nd last in scoring) at 30 goals scored and florida (27 goals scored) are worse than we are league wide.

34 for, 38 against.

Pavs record should be so much better, this team could be first place in the league right now if they could score

Do you think it has anything to do with facing unsustainably hot goaltending and having an unsustainably bad team shooting %.......there is some luck involved in scoring.

Is the run of scoring LUCK frustrating? Not really to me while we are winning at a good clip but I am more about the bottom line of winz vs losses.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Did Scheifele?

Scheif gets a pass, he was coming off a 2A game...

Kidding aside, thought Scheif had a decent game defensively, was doing a lot of little things right. Wasn't a great offensive game from him, by his standards.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nope, don't think anyone said that.. Just want to see them bury the chances they get, they do get chances to score, just can't do it right now.

Really that loss against montreal, with some luck, we win easily.

Tonight too, couple posts/crossbars, couple close misses..

Just not going our way right now, just think some of us want to see a team that can actually score.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, The D is fine, but it's not the most exciting thing to watch as a fan.

Sorry for lashing out at you....I do get it some guys want more goals because that is entertaining (not being sarcastic)

I am just really sick of losing over the last 3 seasons and I am excited because I think our team and coach may have a formula for "maybe" getting this team into the post season and I get frustrated when guys can't see the lack of goals is for a very clear reason.

To each there own we all watch the game to be entertained.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
ps241: noted Fucale fan. #winz!

Yea that had nothing to do with that Drouin and MacKinnon kid :sarcasm: it was all on Winz.....can't wait for him to tank another WJC for team Canada.

Derfel*

He did have two key assists in the win last game but what did you do for me lately I guess hey?

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to hang this loss on a 4th liner with 5 minutes of ice time. Just as ridiculous to hang it on the young guy who had a good game two nights ago.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm just saying it's ridiculous to hang this loss on a 4th liner with 5 minutes of ice time. Just as ridiculous to hang it on the young guy who had a good game two nights ago.

Did you miss the :sarcasm: tags in most of those posts? :dunno:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

Boring game.

Remember when the advanced stats guys downplayed the effect of face-offs? I don't believe them any more. Nashville could ice the puck at will and never paid for it.

Bogo with another strong game. Trouba struggled a bit again at times, but you can't really compare their D partners.

Why would Maurice ever put his 4th line on the ice with Clitsome and Postma? He seems to do that with some regularity, and the result is almost always predictably bad.

Pavs was outplayed by Rinne, even though it was just a 2-1 game. The second goal was atrocious. I thought Pavs was lazy, crawling around on his knees instead of getting re-positioned. I hate when he does that.

(oh, and the refs were atrocious tonight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad