Post-Game Talk: You can't fire me, I quit. Pens - 1, It's a Tarp - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Shame injuries are just depleting this lineup. But seeing some of the young D men will allow for moves at or before the trade deadline. Mid January hopefully the walking wounded return and then see what happens into the trade deadline. Not a great effort tonight but some of the higher cap guys like Kunitz and Letang have to pick it up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gimme 60 minutes of Geno - Sid - Bennett if Geno has to be on the wing.

Would also accept

Spaling - Crosby - Downie
Kunitz - Malkin - Bennett :sarcasm:

Thank goodness you added that smilie, because the last thing I wanted to do was admonish you about forgetting the proper role for the only Pens winger with an ounce of individual talent.

By the way, I'm not sure Sid wouldn't be better off with Spaling than Kunitz.

Then again, I'm not sure Sid wouldn't be better off asking Mario what the **** he ever did in the playoffs without two good wingers and that if he doesn't get two this year then he wants a trade.

If Geno follows that up by saying he's going to deport himself if he takes one more shift with Sutter as his center.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
The good thing about Kunitz' game tonight: other people are noticing how bad he has gotten.

Just what we all need. Confirmation of how bad another Penguin has gotten. That list grows faster than the injury list around here. I was holding out hope that Kunitz would come around but he does look done. On a normal team with young players in the pipe line you could hide Kunitz deficiencies by limiting his ice time and bumping him down the lineup, but unfortunately the Penguins have to display a guy, in a key role, long after the wheels fall off.

LionelHutz*

Please claim either one of Paajarvi or Dany to permanently put an end the Jayson Megna experiment. I'm sick of this clown.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Ugh, you're right.

Kunitz-Sid-Rust
Spaling-Geno-Megna
Downie-Sutter-Bennett
Klink-Goc-Ebbett

What a nice, balanced lineup. Look at the strength through the middle, and that great 3rd line. Also, Spaling will definitely help 71 with his faceoff woes.

Being serious: if that lineup happens, no thanks, Johnston. Have Spaling and Downie together since Spaling only gets points with him on the ice, of you need to keep Downie away from the top 6.

Damn, even getting 2 guys back still doesn't make the lineup nicer to look at.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Shame injuries are just depleting this lineup. But seeing some of the young D men will allow for moves at or before the trade deadline. Mid January hopefully the walking wounded return and then see what happens into the trade deadline. Not a great effort tonight but some of the higher cap guys like Kunitz and Letang have to pick it up.

I'm pretty sure in Kunitz's case that having a pulse would be a prerequisite for stepping up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What a nice, balanced lineup. Look at the strength through the middle, and that great 3rd line. Also, Spaling will definitely help 71 with his faceoff woes.

Being serious: of that lineup happens, no thanks, Johnston. Have Spaling and Downie together since Spaling only gets points with him on the ice, of you need to keep Downie away from the top 6.

Damn, even getting 2 guys back still doesn't make the lineup nicer to look at.

No, but fully healthy, is there anything more balanced in the league than Kunitz-Sid-Hornqvist, Spaling-Geno-Comeau, and Downie-Sutter-Bennett? :help:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe because they're trying to showcase Dumo? If that's the case, I'm sure he'll get us a solid 6th rounder.

I shudder to think what we'll get if the reason Sutter is centering Malkin is to showcase him as a 'legit' 2C. :help:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
At this point, I kind of expect Despres' fan club to give him +'s regardless of how well he actually played.
Me too. TBH, he´s playing well this season, but the fact that he´s called "our best player" every night here is very interesting.. It´s becoming a bit annoying. But don´t get me wrong, Despres IS good. But not THAT good.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
No, but fully healthy, is there anything more balanced in the league than Kunitz-Sid-Hornqvist, Spaling-Geno-Comeau, and Downie-Sutter-Bennett? :help:

I'm sure that lineup would win any game against any team, forever.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
It is also disheartening about Sutter's play lately. Johnston clearly saw in training camp that he needs a Beau Bennett type of player to make an impact.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought Pouliot played his strongest game of the season, so there's that. Sid also played his best game since I dunno his 5 pointer against Buffalo.

Malkin needs to go back to center, he sucks at wing. If you're gonna play him at wing at least play him with Crosby.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Getting Bennett and Downie back would at least allow Uher and Megna to get outta lineup. Baby steps. Bottom-6 has done dick the past two weeks.

Also don't think our lack of pushback the past week is a random coincidence.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure that lineup would win any game against any team, forever.

Sad thing is some people actually think that fully healthy lineup is 1 top six addition from the Pens being a top cup contender. :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the only good thing during this slump (and this goes way before the last four losses, do not fool yourself), is we know that there is absolutely NOT A ONE Player from AHL that should be near our roster coming Play Offs , except Bobby, all others just get lost,

---this maybe Letang's worst game I've seen him in a long time

Am I ever going to see both Sid and Geno playing great at the same time, as soon as Sid picks up, geno starts stinking up the joint,

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Me too. TBH, he´s playing well this season, but the fact that he´s called "our best player" every night here is very interesting.. It´s becoming a bit annoying. But don´t get me wrong, Despres IS good. But not THAT good.

As the president of the fan club, I don't think anyone has said that tonight.

I do think he was their best player against Colorado and Washington. He is not their best player. But he can have best individual games?

Edit: also, instead of passive-aggressiveness, anyone want to point out what he did wrong tonight?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Pouliot played his strongest game of the season, so there's that. Sid also played his best game since I dunno his 5 pointer against Buffalo.

Malkin needs to go back to center, he sucks at wing. If you're gonna play him at wing at least play him with Crosby.

Yep

Getting Bennett and Downie back would at least allow Uher and Megna to get outta lineup. Baby steps. Bottom-6 has done dick the past two weeks.

Also don't think our lack of pushback the past week is a random coincidence.

So, you're saying get Martin and Ehrhoff back, keep them with Scuderi and Letang, add back in Horny, Comeau, Bennett, and Downie, and this team is 1 deal for a top six rental forward from a cup team? :naughty:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
the only good thing during this slump (and this goes way before the last four losses, do not fool yourself), is we know that there is absolutely NOT A ONE Player from AHL that should be near our roster coming Play Offs , except Bobby, all others just get lost,

---this maybe Letang's worst game I've seen him in a long time

Am I ever going to see both Sid and Geno playing great at the same time, as soon as Sid picks up, geno starts stinking up the joint,

I would have no problem replacing Martin with Harrington.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Watching MJ's presser I liked what he said, that half the team is not responding and needs to start responding. Seems to me he's working them.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yep

So, you're saying get Martin and Ehrhoff back, keep them with Scuderi and Letang, add back in Horny, Comeau, Bennett, and Downie, and this team is 1 deal for a top six rental forward from a cup team? :naughty:

ChuggingAlcohol.gif

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This was a telling game. Not because we lost. We're going to lose our share. But the way the league is set up now, you need to make it out of your division to reach the Final Four. The Devils may be bad this season, but they were HIGHLY motivated to beat us tonight. We had zero push back. It's disturbing. And don't think teams aren't paying attention. Basically, they know that if Downie is out of our lineup, we're fair game. Not. Good.

- This Malkin on left wing thing is just nuts. That's his worst position by far. Before this season, I think we could count the number of NHL games he's even played there! I simply don't understand.

- Dumoulin playing with Letang HAD to be a showcase situation. No other way to justify that one. Letang looks awfully better when he's with Harrington. Hopefully, Dumoulin's trade value wasn't destroyed tonight.

- I'm starting to loathe Brandon Sutter. Not because he's a bad hockey player, but because we (this new regime) is placing him on a pedestal, where he doesn't belong. It's LAUGHABLE that Sutter is ahead of Malkin on the center depth chart. That's grounds for a dismissal, really.

- I still really like Bobby Farnham.

- Simon Despres is right now our best player.

- JR, get on the phone and make a move already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad