Post-Game Talk: You are the Devil, we are the D

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Honest question, 5 on 5. When you watch Panarin, as good as he's been this year does he look significantly better than Lafreniere?
I have been saying for months now, it is not a coincidence Bread is having a career year at 32 with Lafreniere on his line. Laf has been an elite 5v5 forward for 3 years now, and if he got PP time commensurate with his 5v5 results he would likely already be a 70-80 point player.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It took Wennberg for me to finally realize how bad Brodzinski actually is. I see the light.

Rempe is fun but he needs to calm down. Very dirty elbow there. No excuses.
well prepare to see the dark again Brodz will be back in next game. Maybe pushes Goodrow to wing?
Better would be to see Edstrom up.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Roslovic -- that dude has to watch his shift length! He spends half his shift looking dangerous and agile and other half lost. He's wandering around the ice a bit too much and I can see it costing us. He needs to plan a week of sleepovers at Dan Muse's house. Get some popcorn and just watch hours of tape.

Wennberg -- what an effective, smart player he is. I don't think I realized just how intelligent he is. He has that Niklas Sundstrom, Hagelin vibe where he just shows up in the right place all the time.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have been saying for months now, it is not a coincidence Bread is having a career year at 32 with Lafreniere on his line. Laf has been an elite 5v5 forward for 3 years now, and if he got PP time commensurate with his 5v5 results he would likely already be a 70-80 point player.

I honestly feel like with PP1 time, better luck, and an improved shot he can be a guy that's as good as almost anyone in the league. He's noticeable virtually every shift. His only weakness are his shot, which he has CLEARLY improved and luck. Speed used to be a problem but while not burner it's perfectly adequete now.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I like being the villain. I've watched this team get absolutely bullied by the Devils, Islanders, Pens, Bruins, Caps and Flyers for 30 years. These fans constantly just laughed. Rent free. Get good. Blah blah blah.

I've watched the bad guys win again and again. Tampa, Vegas, Pens, St Louis, Caps, etc. Just dirty f***ing teams. Good. Really good. Also dirty.

Now that the Rangers have joined in suddenly this league is about sport, code, speed, skill.

I'm sorry, I thought I was told as early as November that hockey was a "man's game" and that you had to "toughen up" to win.

Listen, just cause someone else does something wrong doesnt make what you do right. 1 to 2 game suspension. Bad hit. Keep playing with the fire in the belly though. I like teams being afraid of us. So this is how it feels. Haha
I like it too, but also nobody bullied the 94 playoff squad when Gravey and Mess and Langdon and all those big dudes were there. And no one bulled the Torts Rangers. But yeah, we have too many skilled dudes like Mika who need some help playing with a stiffer spine.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
The third line is a threat to score every time they are on the ice.

Roslivac is making an impact already. His fore checking created the turnover that resulted in Mika's goal.

Rempe completely blocked their goalies view and led to a goal.

Their goalie kept them in the game. Our goalie made some great saved when it was 0-0 and we might have had a different outcome if he didn't make those saves.

I really like what Drury did this trade deadline. Impact players from the bargain bin. Glad we did not overpay for any of the players that had a high price.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
The third line is a threat to score every time they are on the ice.

Roslivac is making an impact already. His fore checking created the turnover that resulted in Mika's goal.

Rempe completely blocked their goalies view and led to a goal.

Their goalie kept them in the game. Our goalie made some great saved when it was 0-0 and we might have had a different outcome if he didn't make those saves.

I really like what Drury did this trade deadline. Impact players from the bargain bin. Glad we did not overpay for any of the players that had a high price.
This team has an identity finally. Everyone has a role and knows their role. April/may/june will be exciting

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
rJ1bg77J.gif

For you @EdJovanovski

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Roslovic -- that dude has to watch his shift length! He spends half his shift looking dangerous and agile and other half lost. He's wandering around the ice a bit too much and I can see it costing us. He needs to plan a week of sleepovers at Dan Muse's house. Get some popcorn and just watch hours of tape.

Wennberg -- what an effective, smart player he is. I don't think I realized just how intelligent he is. He has that Niklas Sundstrom, Hagelin vibe where he just shows up in the right place all the time.
Roslovic has looked good on that line for the last 2 games. He was the reason they scored that first goal. His speed and skill is very welcome. I have no problem with his play. Nobody said he was perfect. I mean they got him for a 2026 4th rounder.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I don't know what Rempe's intentions were but his arm extended away from his body causing his elbow to hit that guy in the face. I don't see any justification for that or any excuse. He probably will be suspended as he should. I hope he figures out how to not let that happen again because I love the energy he brings.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know what Rempe's intentions were but his arm extended away from his body causing his elbow to hit that guy in the face. I don't see any justification for that or any excuse. He probably will be suspended as he should. I hope he figures out how to not let that happen again because I love the energy he brings.
His intentions were almost certainly to elbow the guy in the face.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It's happened twice in 10 games.

I hope he can figure it out but I can't dress him in the playoffs right now

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
His intentions were almost certainly to elbow the guy in the face.
I don’t think so, if you watch it over and compare it to other big elbows this isn’t a chicken wing and the elbow is making contact through a forward motion from Rempe’s body rather than a sideways motion like if he were sticking his elbow out to catch a guy. Rempe continues with forward momentum and Siegenthaler stops on a dime rather than bracing for the hit. Rempe was expecting to check through the body but Siegenthaler stopped and Rempe’s momentum carried through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad