Post-Game Talk: You are the Devil, we are the D

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kinda shocking just how much of a mess the devils are. Rangers were able to make clean cross ice passes all night and get tons of high danger chances around the crease. Their goalie kept the score respectable.

But the devils d-man look lost out there.
Maybe at some point Hughes and Nemec are going to be exceedingly good but they're not there yet (at least Hughes isn't). Thrusting those guys into those roles so early and it's not a surprise they struggle when Smith is your vet D

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, it was totally offside but why does it seem that every goal that gets reversed is pretty AF? That Panarin goal was beautiful. And Laf made maybe the best play of his career on that play. Of course it didn't count. Of course another beautiful shot hit the crossbar. Dude's a friggin monster but doesn't have the points to show for it.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I like being the villain. I've watched this team get absolutely bullied by the Devils, Islanders, Pens, Bruins, Caps and Flyers for 30 years. These fans constantly just laughed. Rent free. Get good. Blah blah blah.

I've watched the bad guys win again and again. Tampa, Vegas, Pens, St Louis, Caps, etc. Just dirty f***ing teams. Good. Really good. Also dirty.

Now that the Rangers have joined in suddenly this league is about sport, code, speed, skill.

I'm sorry, I thought I was told as early as November that hockey was a "man's game" and that you had to "toughen up" to win.

Listen, just cause someone else does something wrong doesnt make what you do right. 1 to 2 game suspension. Bad hit. Keep playing with the fire in the belly though. I like teams being afraid of us. So this is how it feels. Haha
100% agree. Gorts tried building a smaller, faster skill team. They got bullied by several divisional rivals. Wilson went crazy and injured Panarin. When Dolan called out the DoPS everyone laughed and called the Rangers soft and accused the fanbase of giving out free rent.

Tears never tasted so sweet.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
That Rempe hit was pretty f***ing dumb, regardless of who it was against. He's going to sit for a few, and frankly he deserves it. He absolutely Matt Cooke'd Siegenthaler there.
At the same time, its a meaningless game in march and a 2 game sussy is worth it as itll instill even more fear into dmen when be comes barreling down on the forecheck on dump in’s. Long term it was a good move. Which i know some will think is an unpopular opinion

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Maybe at some point Hughes and Nemec are going to be exceedingly good but they're not there yet (at least Hughes isn't). Thrusting those guys into those roles so early and it's not a surprise they struggle when Smith is your vet D
If Luke wasn't a Hughes he wouldn't be playing where he is in the lineup. He has been absolutely abysmal for the past few months.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kinda shocking just how much of a mess the devils are. Rangers were able to make clean cross ice passes all night and get tons of high danger chances around the crease. Their goalie kept the score respectable.

But the devils d-man look lost out there.
They barely made a handful of complete plays on offense. Flubbing passes, flubbing shots.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I like being the villain. I've watched this team get absolutely bullied by the Devils, Islanders, Pens, Bruins, Caps and Flyers for 30 years. These fans constantly just laughed. Rent free. Get good. Blah blah blah.

I've watched the bad guys win again and again. Tampa, Vegas, Pens, St Louis, Caps, etc. Just dirty f***ing teams. Good. Really good. Also dirty.

Now that the Rangers have joined in suddenly this league is about sport, code, speed, skill.

I'm sorry, I thought I was told as early as November that hockey was a "man's game" and that you had to "toughen up" to win.

Listen, just cause someone else does something wrong doesnt make what you do right. 1 to 2 game suspension. Bad hit. Keep playing with the fire in the belly though. I like teams being afraid of us. So this is how it feels. Haha
AMEN

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

I’m about to run through a wall right now

Reactions: MrAlmost

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Just look at Panarin fighting till the end. You see what I mean? When he gets robbed (twice tonight) he is like a madman, like a child that Mommy or Daddy took away his candy
This is my baseless emotional fan take but he’s always seemed to want to score so badly and I love it. More than any other NYR I’ve seen. Like obviously every player wants to but he’s just dialed in on another level that helps him finish so well

Reactions: EdJovanovski

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
At the same time, its a meaningless game in march and a 2 game sussy is worth it as itll instill even more fear into dmen when be comes barreling down on the forecheck on dump in’s. Long term it was a good move. Which i know some will think is an unpopular opinion
Eh, I just wish we had Rempe for the next two games against the Canes and the Isles. That would be more valuable. Rempe and also Troubs out is a different vibe. Rempe really has a huge impact on the lineup in that we play more fearless. It's shocking how much of an impact he has frankly considering he has a long way to go still in his development. If he becomes a little less wild and more sophisticated in his skating -- stopping/starting/agility he will be a huge huge menace for a long time. It's a real lesson in how certain body types and skillsets have more value in the NHL than they do in lower leagues. It's one thing when you see a real skill guy stall out in the AHL like a Nic Petan. But this season we've seen Cuylle (not as much of a shock given his previous AHL stint) and more impressively, Rempe come up and have really big impact on the entire lineup.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honest question, 5 on 5. When you watch Panarin, as good as he's been this year does he look significantly better than Lafreniere?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
1000008276.png

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
As for the Rempe hit, he stuck out his elbow because he was lumbering on by Seigenthaler and about to hit the boards without touching him. So, he stuck out his elbow in a very ill-advised manner. It was the right call on the ice. A suspension is also the right call. It's a shame. I look forward to getting him back in the lineup, but he's gotta be even more careful due to his size. Someone needs to reach out to Brian Boyle and ask him to give Rempe a bunch of tips on how to deal with being the biggest guy on the ice. Boyler's closer to the team these days due to the podcast and NHL network cameos so it shouldn't be a big deal making the reach out. But a big man needs to mentor Rempe right now. Professionalize the kid ASAP as he's kicking up a storm right now. And some of that is really fun, but there's a way to do it that doesn't turn him into a cheap shot artist. He needs to be a legal bully like Tom POS Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad