3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don’t think so, if you watch it over and compare it to other big elbows this isn’t a chicken wing and the elbow is making contact through a forward motion from Rempe’s body rather than a sideways motion like if he were sticking his elbow out to catch a guy. Rempe continues with forward momentum and Siegenthaler stops on a dime rather than bracing for the hit. Rempe was expecting to check through the body but Siegenthaler stopped and Rempe’s momentum carried through
Ed. Stop.

He elbowed a dude in the face, it's ok.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not interested in "yeah, maybe my guy did aggravated assault but your guy murder 2!" discussions that the main board likes to have.

He did what he did. It was a bad hit.

Reactions: TominNC

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I understand everyone who is upset with the elbow. And rightfully so. But understand this,... He is six foot eight inches tall. For him to lead with his shoulder, and not make head contact,... he would have to drop to his knees. It is particularly difficult, to lay the body at his height, without making head contact. I'm not speaking on what happened tonight. He clearly stuck out his elbow. But this problem will continue, unless he selectively chooses his checks wisely. Men closer to his size. He's young, he'll learn. I'm sure he doesn't want to get suspended time and again.

Troubs is not a small man by any means (6'3"), if he could do it, so can Rempe. Although Jacob gets suspended also. LOL!

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Lol at devs fans trying to frame rempe as a coward and turtler for not fighting when it's super clear the whole league and media was wanting the Rangers organization to tell this kid to slow down and reign in the fights and just play hockey, for his own career and health. Dude has faught Martin, Reaves, deleasirier, and Olivier. "Macdermitt will knock this guy out or we'll go after Panarin!!"

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Cooke may have been the scummiest player I have ever seen.

The other player I felt the same way about was Bobby Clarke. Some of the seniors here might agree.
Oops.

Forgot about the biggest headhunter of all.

Scott Stevens.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lol at devs fans trying to frame rempe as a coward and turtler for not fighting when it's super clear the whole league and media was wanting the Rangers organization to tell this kid to slow down and reign in the fights and just play hockey, for his own career and health. Dude has faught Martin, Reaves, deleasirier, and Olivier. "Macdermitt will knock this guy out or we'll go after Panarin!!"
Keep in mind that if Rempe were a Devil who did that to a Rangers defenseman, all the people supporting him here would be screaming that Rempe should be destroyed.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
People are being way too sympathetic. f*** dirty Siegenthaler, the Devils and their fans.
oDyNVbc.jpeg
What language is this?

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Keep in mind that if Rempe were a Devil who did that to a Rangers defenseman, all the people supporting him here would be screaming that Rempe should be destroyed.
This is also true. Even considering this I'm still lowkey shocked at the reactions on their board. Literally talking about stabbing people.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I have been a Ranger fan since was 13 years old. I have watched this team get run through by tough guys the whole time.

My conclusion is this: It is better to give than to receive.

Did Rempe cross the line? Yes. AFAIC, any guy worth worrying about on the other team is going to do that. Kill the penalty and move on.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Deserves a couple games for sure. Not as many as Subban deserved for nearly ending both Reaves' and Blais' careers via slewfoot of course. But a couple games.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Immaculate first 50 minutes defensively. I mean, it was fantastic. Tight gaps in the neutral zone, winning battles, puck retrieval, they slowed the Devils down significantly and it was great.

love watching an amazing goal get called back because Trocheck's toenail was offside. Great stuff league.

all I can say re: Zib is.......about f***ing time.

that penalty on Laf is one of the worst calls i've ever seen. 2 minutes for hitting. f*** off. not to be outdone by the phantom interference on Fox.

PK was just, wow, incredible from top to bottom. Devils had fresh ice and fresh legs for a nearly full five minutes and just, nothing happened. Outstanding execution.

this is the best Zac Jones has ever looked imo. Won battles, strong gaps, moved the puck efficiently. If anything at all, his value should go up quite a bit after this stretch.

Rempe had a pretty bad game even besides the hit. It's fine, he's allowed to have one, but that hit really sucked and I was looking forward to seeing what he could bring against Carolina. he had a great screen on the Gus goal though, L Hughes not even trying to move him was hilarious.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I agree 100% on Laf hit.

The Fox penalty should be called even if it was unintentional, in my opinion. It's borderline, but in the heat of the game I can't really get mad at the ref for that.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

The only cowards in this situation are the new jersey devils players and front office who needed the team to hire a goon off the street to fight their battles for them. Both hits on Bastian last week (or whenever it was) were clean btw.

I echo the sentiment that it's not so fun for the league when the rabbit has the gun. We've been getting clowned and bullied for the better part of a decade. Keep the tears coming.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Maybe at some point Hughes and Nemec are going to be exceedingly good but they're not there yet (at least Hughes isn't). Thrusting those guys into those roles so early and it's not a surprise they struggle when Smith is your vet D
they got hit hard by hamilton going down early, but i think they already had hughes playing top PP even when hamilton was healthy. bizarre decision on that one.

I agree 100% on Laf hit.

The Fox penalty should be called even if it was unintentional, in my opinion. It's borderline, but in the heat of the game I can't really get mad at the ref for that.
the amount of contact on the fox penalty happens literally every rush up the ice on a PP. it was an absurd call.

Reactions: bhamill

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Maybe at some point Hughes and Nemec are going to be exceedingly good but they're not there yet (at least Hughes isn't). Thrusting those guys into those roles so early and it's not a surprise they struggle when Smith is your vet D
Nemec is going to be amazing but I have a lot of questions on Luke Hughes. Dude is terrified of contact and struggles to make quick reads at this level.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
If Luke wasn't a Hughes he wouldn't be playing where he is in the lineup. He has been absolutely abysmal for the past few months.
he reminds me of miller. insane physical gifts. can do some bizarre shit on the ice. miller is further along in his development than hughes.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Eh, I just wish we had Rempe for the next two games against the Canes and the Isles. That would be more valuable. Rempe and also Troubs out is a different vibe. Rempe really has a huge impact on the lineup in that we play more fearless. It's shocking how much of an impact he has frankly considering he has a long way to go still in his development. If he becomes a little less wild and more sophisticated in his skating -- stopping/starting/agility he will be a huge huge menace for a long time. It's a real lesson in how certain body types and skillsets have more value in the NHL than they do in lower leagues. It's one thing when you see a real skill guy stall out in the AHL like a Nic Petan. But this season we've seen Cuylle (not as much of a shock given his previous AHL stint) and more impressively, Rempe come up and have really big impact on the entire lineup.
Both players have been a huge positive. Also because they haven’t made many mistakes in the defensive zone, it’s easy to keep them up.

Reactions: gravey9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad