Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The poster posted just this, this week on the Vegas board:

"Nope. You guys need to crush the oilers helping the nucks to finish first and then win out so your guaranteed to play them in the 1st round.oilers know if they face you guys it will be a massacre and they already have their excuse all warmed up by accusing not only the commish, but doctors the other owners and insurance companies and Stone of course for faking his spleen that looks like it met the business end of Jason Voorhees axe, I'm assuming, I have no idea what effed up spleen resembles lol."

I take the time to check these things out. The poster is coming in here after shit talking the Oilers.

I shit talk the Nucks all the time but I don't do it ANYWHERE but here, and keep it here.
There you go. I didn't do enough sleuthing so f*** THAT ASSHOLE!!!

Somehow I knew if they had a history you'd know about it and my reply would let you share with the world the truth!!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The poster posted just this, this week on the Vegas board:

"Nope. You guys need to crush the oilers helping the nucks to finish first and then win out so your guaranteed to play them in the 1st round.oilers know if they face you guys it will be a massacre and they already have their excuse all warmed up by accusing not only the commish, but doctors the other owners and insurance companies and Stone of course for faking his spleen that looks like it met the business end of Jason Voorhees axe, I'm assuming, I have no idea what effed up spleen resembles lol."

I take the time to check these things out. The poster is coming in here after shit talking the Oilers.

I shit talk the Nucks all the time but I don't do it ANYWHERE but here, and keep it here.
Look at him suck up to Vegas fans. Practically begging to be liked. How pathetic.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
If your being honest, when you saw 3 games against Vancouver you weren't thinking we would steam roll you. This is a very in hindsight type of excuse because you lost those 3 games. Us Vancouver fans whose team absolutely needed to get off to a good start were the ones who had a right to be pissed playing what many thought was the best team in the west.
Would you have been upset playing the sharks 3 times?

You make it sound like it was some plot and that the league knew you guys would shit the bed in October and knew somehow an 84 point team would end up being this good.

Please stop ruining my GDT

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Can the Oilers complain if the NHL Schedule makers only give us 1-2 days off after this long stretch and before the playoffs ?

I wonder.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Just force the league’s hand.

Schedule a bunch of things at the arena for the first few days of the playoffs and say there is no availability till three days in.
Breaking News: "Gary Bettman has ruled the Oilers have been disqualified for the first 2 games of the NHL playoffs, The Kings take a 2-0 series lead heading back to Los Angeles (which will take place at 10am due to Crypto availability issues)."

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Just force the league’s hand.

Schedule a bunch of things at the arena for the first few days of the playoffs and say there is no availability till three days in.

Darryl Katz just needs to buy a horse and say its racing on Saturday night and he doesn't want to miss it and therefore refuses to let the game happen. Worked for Florida last year.

Breaking News: "Gary Bettman has ruled the Oilers have been disqualified for the first 2 games of the NHL playoffs, The Kings take a 2-0 series lead heading back to Los Angeles (which will take place at 10am due to Crypto availability issues)."

This would be especially funny after a couple years of having to work around Clippers and Lakers schedules in LA for the playoffs.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Do Oilers fans ever go to other boards and shit it up? Not sure why it keeps happening with canuckold fans. Must be the frustration of having to pay $4000.00 for a 1 bedroom storage shed and your landlord is Hong from Beijing.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Do Oilers fans ever go to other boards and shit it up? Not sure why it keeps happening with canuckold fans. Must be the frustration of having to pay $4000.00 for a 1 bedroom storage shed and your landlord is Hong from Beijing.

I'm sure some do. I just don't know which ones, and I suspect many of them aren't the favorites around here anyways.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I learned the lesson to stop doing that way back in the usenet days. lol, 90% of this board probably too young to know how long that had been around.

As far as your question some do, I discourage the practice. Its more fun, jmo, to shit talk other clubs here in our confines.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Do Oilers fans ever go to other boards and shit it up? Not sure why it keeps happening with canuckold fans.
I doubt many do. Not sure why certain team's fanbases believe we need a good talking to in here. Just wait till the playoffs start. AVs, Nucks and the MarkStoneForever fans will be here in full force.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Well they do like rioting, so shitting it up isn't a surprise lmao

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Just arrived back home after 30 hours of driving. Left Phoenix yesterday morning and drove through Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon.

I can report from my assessment that Phoenix does in fact hate the Yotes as evidence by nary a billboard or protester on the way pleading for them to stay. Everyone is too busy going to Sedona and eating homemade tamales from a roadside stall to care about hockey.

On the other hand, SLC is a 90 minute drive (at 85mph in the HOV lane, no cops here right?) from one end to the other on I-15. Didn’t see any welcome Unicorns signs but at least there was snow on the peaks visible by the naked eye. That suggests a hockey culture, right?

Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake as AZ did of locating the arena in the wrong end of town from their fans. Traffic is always a bitch in the city. I love to drive but I always hate driving through that place.

Oh, and go Oil.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
With all the names being thrown around for tonight's opponent when they move, I think I found a winner.

2uEMxdKzRYqk0Xhs_SAw0Q.jpg

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Just arrived back home after 30 hours of driving. Left Phoenix yesterday morning and drove through Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon.

I can report from my assessment that Phoenix does in fact hate the Yotes as evidence by nary a billboard or protester on the way pleading for them to stay. Everyone is too busy going to Sedona and eating homemade tamales from a roadside stall to care about hockey.

On the other hand, SLC is a 90 minute drive (at 85mph in the HOV lane, no cops here right?) from one end to the other on I-15. Didn’t see any welcome Unicorns signs but at least there was snow on the peaks visible by the naked eye. That suggests a hockey culture, right?

Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake as AZ did of locating the arena in the wrong end of town from their fans. Traffic is always a bitch in the city. I love to drive but I always hate driving through that place.

Oh, and go Oil.
Glad you made it back safely.

I was in Phoenix and they were playing the Flames. Tickets were cheap so thought I would catch a game. Was at a gas station about a mile from the arena and asked where it was, the people there had no clue there was a hockey team in Phoenix. I knew the team had issues with attendance and was a failure, but that punctuated it.

Also, personally I like SLC getting the team. I love Moab and area, and there being a game 400 klicks away might be a good excuse to go down.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
You make it sound like you're a Vancouver Canuck fan that is for some reason lost, and posting here.

To be fair, that poster sounds like a kid, could explain some of the immaturity

Look at him suck up to Vegas fans. Practically begging to be liked. How pathetic.
All 8 Vegas posters were mildly impressed, I'm sure.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Are we going to act surprised when f***ing Salt Lake City, Utah draws as many fans as the Coyotes? :laugh:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t know what to expect from SLC but I have a feeling they’re going to work out way better than Arizona. Salt Lake City Olympics were huge for me as a fan, so I’d love to see them succeed.

Im hoping they have a trajectory similar to Seattle, they seem to have a solid fan base.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Are we going to act surprised when f***ing Salt Lake City, Utah draws as many fans as the Coyotes? :laugh:
I don't know how well they support their NBA team. That might a good indicator. Anything is better than more sunbelt teams I suppose. Although heavily populated Houston might be the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad