GDT: Yotes @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN West

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't know what happens, I'm glad they're talking, I wish they made MORE head way earlier this season. Either way, for the right price, I would love to see the Vinny return.

5 games in 6 days is absolutely unacceptable. This f***ing League.

Frankly the Oilers should just "forgo" the last game of the year, and let the Avs have it.

Also, in doing this, the Oilers should make a big show of making the announcement because it's too many games in too short of time before the playoffs. Really rub it in.
Its actually 5 games in 7 days but your point still stands. It is unacceptable.
Especially to end the season.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You are right, it's just unacceptable, the Oilers should just forfeit and forgo that last game, and make a big show about it.

31, I don't believe it lol.

Age accelerates with time. Not sure if Einstein ever covered that. heh

Yeah, it will have seemed like just a short while ago that HOPE was springing eternal with the Oilers and their new drafted Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Gagner.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This schedule for a playoff team is criminal. View attachment 850400

Meanwhile, as Edmonton has 5 games in the final 7 days of the Calendar, here's how the rest of the league shakes out for games in the final 7 days.

2 games left - NYR, DAL, FLA, PHI, NJD, BUF, CBS (3 maybe 4 playoff teams)
3 games left - CAR, BOS, VAN, WPG, COL, TOR, TB, NASH, LA, STL, NYI, PIT, WASH, DET, OTT, ARI, MTL, ANA, SJ. (at least 11 maybe 12 playoff teams).
4 games left - VGK, MIN, SEA, CGY, CHI (maybe 1 playoff team)
5 games left - EDM

It could work out that every playoff team except Edmonton plays 3 games in the final 7 days, except Edmonton who have to play 5. I swear if they make us play Saturday for Game 1, we need to riot.

Furthermore, there are only 10 games combined next Wednesday and Thursday and Edmonton plays 2 of those games.

Whoever approved this schedule on behalf of the Oilers should be fired (if not already gone).

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Meanwhile, as Edmonton has 5 games in the final 7 days of the Calendar, here's how the rest of the league shakes out for games in the final 7 days.

3 games left - CAR, BOS, VAN, WPG, COL, TOR, TB, NASH, LA, STL, NYI, PIT, WASH, DET, OTT, ARI, MTL, ANA, SJ. (at least 11 maybe 12 playoff teams).
5 games left - EDM

It could work out that every playoff team except Edmonton plays 3 games in the final 7 days, except Edmonton who have to play 5. I swear if they make us play Saturday for Game 1, we need to riot.
I will keep saying this, the Oilers should absolutely just forfeit the last game of the year and go back to Edmonton after Arizona.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I will keep saying this, the Oilers should absolutely just forfeit the last game of the year and go back to Edmonton after Arizona.
I'm pretty sure the punishment for that would be the loss of several draft picks, and rightfully so.

If first in the division is still on the table, we'll get a full roster against Colorado. If not, I expect it to be a bunch of call ups and the depth players.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

5 games left - EDM

Furthermore, there are only 10 games combined next Wednesday and Thursday and Edmonton plays 2 of those games.

Whoever approved this schedule on behalf of the Oilers should be fired (if not already gone).
I’m hopeful that the league will have two EC playoff games each day on the 20th and 21st, and the WC playoffs begin on the 22nd.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm pretty sure the punishment for that would be the loss of several draft picks, and rightfully so.

If first in the division is still on the table, we'll get a full roster against Colorado. If not, I expect it to be a bunch of call ups and the depth players.
Even if 1st in the division is on the table, f*** this league, don't play.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Hello! Welcome Utah, and a humble suggestion for uniform design and colours...

Goodbye Arizona. If I don't see you again...

Looking for a four line connected team effort tonight. Let's see another strong team defending effort. Grind out two points and get ready for the big divisional game Saturday night. Eyes on Holloway to see how and if he can build on a great return game.

Book of Mormon is an amazing show. I've seen it at least five times live. Highly recommended.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I don’t get all the complaining about the schedule. Sure , it’s not ideal but these are trained athletes making millions. If playing a max of 20 minutes is too much to handle they should try working in the real world.
Yet I don’t hear the players themselves complaining but some here actually want to forfeit games. Lmfao

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I don't know what happens, I'm glad they're talking, I wish they made MORE head way earlier this season. Either way, for the right price, I would love to see the Vinny return.

5 games in 6 days is absolutely unacceptable. This f***ing League.

Frankly the Oilers should just "forgo" the last game of the year, and let the Avs have it.

Also, in doing this, the Oilers should make a big show of making the announcement because it's too many games in too short of time before the playoffs. Really rub it in.

This is done on purpose by the league so we go into playoffs tired. They want us to fail and for McDrai to leave for down south.

We're going to prove them wrong, though.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Fall a sleep on these guys and it will turn into a nightmare...keep the effort up and keep the good vibes rolling right into Saturday night
Agreed. The Coyotes are a relatively fast team with some up and coming prospects (Cooley, Doan etc). Take this game lightly and we will lose.

On that note, I am looking forward to watching Cooley. That kid is something else.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I don't mind them going every other night leading up to the playoffs, it keeps the team sharp and the intensity up. Plus 3/5 games should be somewhat chill, so I don't think resting the big guys should be much of an issue.

Still I suspect we'll see a ton of callups and spares in for the Sharks and 2nd Yotes game.

Broberg-Stecher on defence. (Both nights, giving each top 4 pair a night off)

Campbell in net. (likely the 2nd ARI game, giving Stu the day off. Plus I suspect Stu will only start vs. VAN and COL to finish the season, so he should be rested come game 1)

Some combo of Holloway, Hamblin, Brougault, and Tullio up front. Maybe Gags, Lavoie, Pederson, and Cags are in the mix too, but I'm not sure how waivers impacts their ability to be returned to the farm. (2-3 of this group to give most of the top 9 a game off).

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad