GDT: 'Yotes @ Flames - 7:00pm SNW

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I REALLY hope Boums is okay. We need him tomorrow against the Kings especially.

No kidding.
We need bangers and grit in this lineup; Bouma is definitely that. That being said, Ferly did a great job filling in his role last night.

Probably gives Drew Shore another crack at the lineup if Boums' out. Tomorrow is going to be quite the game... I really hope Calgary comes out on fire like they did against the Yotes (but not take a period off) and just puts this game away early and often.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My experience yesterday was ****** with regards to this game. I was teaching until 8. So I left to catch the bus right as the third period started. I got to the bus-stop to find out there were no buses leaving for a half-hour, so I walked the 20 minutes to my car instead. Before leaving I checked my phone and saw that we'd taken the lead. So I was happily walking down the road and decided to refresh the GDT. To my dismay, I saw several posts in a row going "Hiller..." "wtf Hiller" "Hiller you suck" etc.

I figured I needed to get updated faster because I was nervous as ****, so I set up alerts on my phone for the game. Put my phone back in my pocket and kept walking. Then checked my phone again because I'm impatient and saw I'd missed a notification. Monahan scored. I actually jumped and punched the air as I was walking. It was beautiful. Just got to my car in time to listen to the end of the game. Then switched over and listened to the Oilers beating the Kings.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
No kidding.
We need bangers and grit in this lineup; Bouma is definitely that. That being said, Ferly did a great job filling in his role last night.

Probably gives Drew Shore another crack at the lineup if Boums' out. Tomorrow is going to be quite the game... I really hope Calgary comes out on fire like they did against the Yotes (but not take a period off) and just puts this game away early and often.

I was thinking Bollig might draw in as well, with Granlund being the odd man out. More due to size/truculence/etc.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Monahan scored. I actually jumped and punched the air as I was walking. It was beautiful.
This reminded me of last night.

I think I had the best vantage point of the entire Dome when Monahan scored that goal. My seats were row 20 of press level (right at the very top) so looking down I could see pretty much the entire Dome, at least on my side.

Johnny and Monahan get that 2 on 1. EVERYONE stands up. Monahan side-steps the defender. Beats Smith. All I saw after that was just hands thrown in the air. It was surreal. Such an amazing experience.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was thinking Bollig might draw in as well, with Granlund being the odd man out. More due to size/truculence/etc.

Might be.
I thought Granny had a decent game, even though it wasn't reflected on the scoresheet.

I hope Hartley works his magic, makes us a winning combo and we take tomorrow in a big bad way.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Might be.
I thought Granny had a decent game, even though it wasn't reflected on the scoresheet.

I hope Hartley works his magic, makes us a winning combo and we take tomorrow in a big bad way.

If nothing else Granlund, Jooris and Ferland had a great defensive game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Granlund was great on faceoffs last night. Ferland was good in place of Bouma in the third (when Hartley used him). Jooris has his usual spunk.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Granlund was great on faceoffs last night. Ferland was good in place of Bouma in the third (when Hartley used him). Jooris has his usual spunk.

I've been really impressed with the Ferland - Granlund - Jooris as our 4th line. They create a lot of energy.

I am glad Hartley found that moving Stajan up from the 4th line is paying off, it's what I have been wanting to happen for quite a while now.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

They know there's a fresh new face in practice waiting to take their spots if they don't come out with a good game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I am glad Hartley found that moving Stajan up from the 4th line is paying off, it's what I have been wanting to happen for quite a while now.
Yep. Stajan was great with Jones last night. Actually I think he was moved there against the Oilers and was good then too.
They know there's a fresh new face in practice waiting to take their spots if they don't come out with a good game.
Whatever motivates them!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Actually you know what?

Matt Stajan earned all three million dollars of his contract last night when he saved that goal from going in.

I think I was one of the few people that realized in my section last night that he did that. I was flipping out and cheering his name and everyone thought I was crazy. Even after the replay on the Jumbotron it was hard to tell.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I think I was one of the few people that realized in my section last night that he did that. I was flipping out and cheering his name and everyone thought I was crazy. Even after the replay on the Jumbotron it was hard to tell.

Are you talking about early in the game when the Yotes had that open net and Stajan was standing in the crease? Or at another point in the game?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

Hey, I changed my avatar to this first :rant:

I was reading your post and thinking, "I don't remember saying that?" :laugh:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not sure if this is the right time to slot in Bennett for the Kings' game. Shore will probably go in.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It probably has to be a pretty bad injury to keep Boums from playing. I'm guessing a broken rib(s)

I was thinking collarbone but ribs seems like a possibility as well.

tumblr_me9yefozsX1ri5zfvo1_250.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Actually you know what?

Matt Stajan earned all three million dollars of his contract last night when he saved that goal from going in.

Yup.
The tag is definitely Pricey; hard to argue with a bottom 6'er making +3 million, but he played very well, and has played very well this year with his reduced role with the team. Hard to argue with results, he's taking some pressure off Backlund (which is awesome).

That being said, I think there needs to be some changes in our lineup next season. If we plan on using Stajan as our third line defensive center; I think you have to give Backlund some more offensive on the second line... or move Stajan back to the 4th and make a brand new second line. It's fun watching this team develop and the strides some of the younger guys are making. Let's just get one more tomorrow night and go for it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Actually you know what?

You are effing right he did. Pretty sure it was big ol' Moss missing wide open nets but watching the replay I couldn't believe myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad