GDT: 'Yotes @ Flames - 7:00pm SNW

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Jones is everything I want Colborne to be.

tumblr_mo6ivrPIYP1s584emo1_500.gif

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I like Colborne. While he hasn't scored as much as he should be, he certainly has gotten a lot more physical and using his size to his advantage.

Are we watching the same Colborne? Other than Raymond, every player plays bigger than he does. Honestly.

He may be cracking under pressure. Another reason I wouldn't hate if Bollig comes in the line up. Say what you will, he is always ready for games. And never says away from playing within his role.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Are we watching the same Colborne? Other than Raymond, every player plays bigger than he does. Honestly.

He may be cracking under pressure. Another reason I wouldn't hate if Bollig comes in the line up. Say what you will, he is always ready for games. And never says away from playing within his role.

Pretty sure Colborne is second on our team in hits, and is one of the most physical in the offensive end. He is one of the only players on our team capable of maintaining puck possession under pressure from a defenceman, and that at times has helped us when we're getting hemmed in for vast stretches of time.

Playing big =/= throwing open-ice hits.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

A number of times last night I watched Colborne enter the zone with speed, puck on his stick, look like he was gonna drive the net... and then circle the net and look for a pass instead. The guy uses his size on occasion but not frequently enough for my liking. He doesn't have to score on every play, but give the goalie a hard time. Smith was off kilter last night, it would have been a prime time to get in his face.

Raymond is tiny and plays like it. He's like Lombardi 2.0, except Lombardi had more drive to his game. He just couldn't do anything with the puck.

Was gonna say the same thing about Bollig. The guy has played on championship teams before. He would know all about leaving it all on the ice in big games.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Gotta agree. Colborne has been decent. if anything he is snakebitten. He hits, plays with speed but can't finish. He's cursed for being affiliated with Toronto. Stajan broke his curse.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

I'm not sure we are then :laugh:. Colborne has been waaay more physical since 2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad