GDT: Yep, it's these #~(&!%@ guys again. CAR/CLB 3/25/2021

What's more likely to happen in this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't have the sense the team (on the ice anyway) has really suffered from Teravainen specifically being gone. When Tro got hurt, it became noticeable at that point

If it was just Trocheck hurt and Turbo was healthy, I don't think we would've skipped a beat, either. Having both out is the kicker.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No exaggeration.... If Ned really is THIS good, we are ready for a Cup run. And we are officially in a 5-10 year window right now.

Also, Ned completely stole us 2 points tonight. He made some unreal saves that kept us in it. That's the one thing from our team we've been missing the last couple years, so if that's what we have, that's scary.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yo dawg, I feel like you were born in the wrong era. You're not supposed to be a doctor you're supposed to be singing songs on a pirate ship.
TO BE HONEST, THIS WAS A QUICK REHASH OF THE SAME CONTENT CREATOR I USED FOR A SONG EARLIER. I MEAN EVERY SONG I DO IS JUST ME TAKING LIBERTIES WITH LYRICS.

AND WHILE I HAVE A GOOD EAR (NEAT FOR LANGUAGES), MY SINGING... IS BEST RESERVED FOR DEEP METAL SOUNDS AND DRUNKEN ESCAPADES.

WRITING IS ORIGINAL WORK THOUGH.
WITH REGARD TO THE ERA... EH, I AM FINE AS IT IS. I JUST HAVE A DIFFERENT ENERGY THAN MOST FOLKS IN THE BUSINESS. AND I GOT OUTLETS TO RELEASE IT.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Two of their goals came off the backboards and banked in off the goalie's back - granted, that's mostly because Ned is small and has to be aggressive to make up for it. So you take the bad with the good.

The other goal bounced off Dougie's leg. Those aren't bad goals for him to give up, they're just a combination of shitty luck and not being absolutely perfect.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Two of their goals came off the backboards and banked in off the goalie's back - granted, that's mostly because Ned is small and has to be aggressive to make up for it. So you take the bad with the good.

The other goal bounced off Dougie's leg. Those aren't bad goals for him to give up, they're just a combination of shitty luck and not being absolutely perfect.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't have the sense the team (on the ice anyway) has really suffered from Teravainen specifically being gone. When Tro got hurt, it became noticeable at that point

Turbo getting hurt is kind of a blessing for Aho and Necas because it takes Aho’s safety blanket away and let’s Necas play with someone who can actually keep up with him. Svech and Turbo are better together too IMO. This could be the recipe for an absolute wagon.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Turbo getting hurt is kind of a blessing for Aho and Necas because it takes Aho’s safety blanket away and let’s Necas play with someone who can actually keep up with him. Svech and Turbo are better together too IMO. This could be the recipe for an absolute wagon.

I think there's a recency bias here. Turbo and Aho are usually a freak show together. When healthy, you keep those two as one unit.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Heck, the way that Brindy had it organized before essentially gives you a first line and 2 second lines:

Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Foegele-Aho-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Staal-Fast
McGinn-Paquette-Martinook

The way Necas has played really helps the whole lineup because when Turbo comes back he doesn't have to be next to Aho. You can put Turbo on the Svech-Staal line instead; Aho and Necas are so good together they only need a third wheel player.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think there's a recency bias here. Turbo and Aho are usually a freak show together. When healthy, you keep those two as one unit.

Or you don’t because it unlocks another level of Necas. Necas and TT play the same position. TT as the playmaker to goal scores like Trochek and Svech is quite appealing, no?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Or you don’t because it unlocks another level of Necas. Necas and TT play the same position. TT as the playmaker to goal scores like Trochek and Svech is quite appealing, no?

Or you switch them around depending on who's hot. Not as if the Nino-Trocheck-Necas has been any less effective, especially since it is that line that frees Staal into become a 3C monster.

Reactions: Daeavorn

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If both come back healthy, I think you put the Tro, Necas and Nino line back together and put Aho and TT and winger back together. Why make Tro learn two new guys when he and Nino and Nitro were already working?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad