GDT: Yep, it's these #~(&!%@ guys again. CAR/CLB 3/25/2021

What's more likely to happen in this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Carolina this year Is playing so good. All Players are really playing well apart from Svech whi ist really bad.he only shoots, i think He thinks He Is Ovi.he Is not and never will BE,He should use His skills which are very unique. You Remember space jam, where all the talent from all the best Nba players was Stolen and given to some Aliens. When i see Carolina playing it reminds me of Svech playing Like so Stolen His Talent.

Reactions: Anton Babchuk

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Carolina this year Is playing so good. All Players are really playing well apart from Svech whi ist really bad.he only shoots, i think He thinks He Is Ovi.he Is not and never will BE,He should use His skills which are very unique. You Remember space jam, where all the talent from all the best Nba players was Stolen and given to some Aliens. When i see Carolina playing it reminds me of Svech playing Like so Stolen His Talent.

I think that characterization of Svech is farthest from the truth as it could be.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I think that characterization of Svech is farthest from the truth as it could be.

I agree, I really dont even think he is struggling. He is making plays they just seem to be the guy before the assist or dumb luck blocks or bounces causing him to not get goals. The first game in Cbus on the second goal I think he made a critical play to keep possession of the puck in the Ozone but too many others touched the puck so he didnt get a point. Hockey is a strange sport when it comes to stats. You can do a lot of critical things for your team and not have the numbers. Personally I think that was Nino last year, and I think Svech is going though that a little this year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Because Svech is struggling

I think
Svech/Aho/Necas
Niederreiter/Trocheck/Teravainen

works for the top lines

then mix/match Staal/Fast/McGinn/Foegele/Martinook/Lorentz
Ehh I disagree

Right now we have something that is working with Necas-Ago-Nino. Don't mess with that just to hope to provide a spark to someone else. Gotta keep that line together as long as they are still clicking at an unbelievable clip.

When Turbo and Tro get back, pair them with Svech. That gives Svech an elite set-up guy and a guy who can clean things up around the net at his disposal. That should have him playing at a high level in no time.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Right now we have something that is working with Necas-Ago-Nino.

In reality, I think Aho-Necas is working. Nino had 3 points in his last 5 games—almost exactly the pace he was on prior. Sure his style is helping some, but Svech's physicality and passing ability should, if anything, give an extra boost to Aho/Necas.

The other thing is that Necas has made some beautiful passes—but most have been in transition and/or open ice. Nino is more likely to benefit from precise passes to his stick in front of the net—something TT excels at doing.

I am not arguing that this one line construction is superior in every way imaginable, but I think Svech's finishing ability and power game would make Aho's and Necas's flash and dash style even more productive.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
In reality, I think Aho-Necas is working. Nino had 3 points in his last 5 games—almost exactly the pace he was on prior. Sure his style is helping some, but Svech's physicality and passing ability should, if anything, give an extra boost to Aho/Necas.

The other thing is that Necas has made some beautiful passes—but most have been in transition and/or open ice. Nino is more likely to benefit from precise passes to his stick in front of the net—something TT excels at doing.

I am not arguing that this one line construction is superior in every way imaginable, but I think Svech's finishing ability and power game would make Aho's and Necas's flash and dash style even more productive.
Svech, Aho and Nitro or Svech, Aho and Turbo both would be excellent lines, but I doubt Rod pulls Svech off of Staal's line because that would cement the Staal line as a checking line, something he doesn't seem to want to do.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I think the benefit we have with Nino on that line is that he has an ability to clean things up around the net. He's more willing to park himself around the crease letting Aho and Necas do their thing, which gives us better spacing for what we are trying to do. Svech just isn't that kind of guy and much prefers to remain on the wing, and spacing can become a bit of an issue.

NAN and STT gives us 2 high powered lines with similar style. Aho-Necas and Svech-Turbo are able to work their magic with the defense to create plays, Nino and Tro staying around the net for screen, tip, or cleanup purposes. For our style, and how they've had success for us this year, I think that's the best lineup we could ice.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As opposed to the other three games, this one was pretty entertaining. A lot of chances both ways with some great saves. Even though they were all a bit fluky in their own way, this was probably Ned's worst game for what got by him but probably his best game on what he saved and when. If that continues to be his worst case, that would be good.

I can't believe folks are still wasting time about who goes on what line. At this point, it's not even because they're always destined to change, which they are. It's really just, why bother? We have a lot of talented guys and that's going to lead to what looks like chemistry. Especially when healthy, it probably doesn't matter all that much who everyone plays with.

Foegele certainly messed up the EN, but he's a good role player. To me, I get more frustrated that we keep putting out the grinders in the EN situation instead of the guys that will be more likely to score and end it. Oh well, I think we've typically gotten better scoring in the EN to seal a victory, but a couple of poor attempts recently.

Pretty great game against an annoying team. Too many shout outs needed, but props to Dougie on continuing the streak, Marty and Aho for being magic together, Nino for continuing to keep up his good bounceback season, Slavin for finally having one of his odd angle prayers lead to something good, and Skjei for a point streak!

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Based on his comments, I think it means a lot to Necas to be on the top line with Aho. i.e. he’s graduated to big boy table. His defensive efforts might be what helps keep him there.

I just feel for Svech. While he’s being a good soldier, sometimes he just looks like he’s missing out on the fun now with the line he is on.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think you'd be lying if you said you aren't concerned at least a little bit about Svech. Not in a 'oh no he sucks' way, just more rooting for him. We all know he'll snap out of it eventually, but he's still human and you hate to see his visible frustration. I think Troch and TT coming back will be a tremendous benefit for him, I just hope he can find solace in the fact that these things ebb and flow. I think he created a high bar for himself last season. Pressure is a fickle beast.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think you'd be lying if you said you aren't concerned at least a little bit about Svech. Not in a 'oh no he sucks' way, just more rooting for him. We all know he'll snap out of it eventually, but he's still human and you hate to see his visible frustration. I think Troch and TT coming back will be a tremendous benefit for him, I just hope he can find solace in the fact that these things ebb and flow. I think he created a high bar for himself last season. Pressure is a fickle beast.

Yes but I think we have great leadership and a good support team for him with guys like Martinook and Dougie and Rod. It's frustrating I'm sure and I feel for him but not really concerned.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
In other news for you #oldies, kids born in the year 2000 can now drink beer. Congrats!

The more people that are drinking age (and therefore workforce age) the better. Want to make sure there is a steady flow of money into Social Security and Medicare for when the time comes for us to start getting it. Will probably be drained by the time you young-uns get to that age, so we #oldies just want to thank you all now.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Based on his comments, I think it means a lot to Necas to be on the top line with Aho. i.e. he’s graduated to big boy table. His defensive efforts might be what helps keep him there.

I just feel for Svech. While he’s being a good soldier, sometimes he just looks like he’s missing out on the fun now with the line he is on.
I agree. Svech is being wasted on Staal's line. I think it was a nice story at the start of the year to see "Super Staal" in action, but we all knew that his production was going to come back to earth. Put McGinn and Fast on his wings and we have a great shutdown line that can still add to the scoresheet occasionally and then put Svech back up with one of the two scoring lines for a one-two punch that would be top-3 in the league.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
My wife is Brazilian and her father's first name is pronounced "AH-MEAL-TO" (Hamilton, but the "n" is barely pronounced). She has seen several hockey games, and her perspective is usually refreshing and sometimes very insightful.

When she came home last night, it was exactly when Aho scored the game winner. Our conversation about the game:

"I'm so elated! The Canes just won in overtime!"
"Did AH-MEAL-TO make another 'gol contra'?"
"Yes, but he otherwise played well."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese