Confirmed with Link: Yannick Weber signs with preds

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Also,
Yannick Weber and Mikkel boedker were teammates on Kitchener Rangers and won a championship together there.....

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Right-handed shot, presumably will play the right side on the third pair with Bitetto. Basically Poile was looking for a right-handed version of Jackman. A vet that can handle third-pair minutes without being awful.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
League minimum deal. Steal of the day along with Grabner.

I will not be happy if he wears 6. We are retiring that number as far as I'm concerned. They should announce it Jan. 3.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Servicable player. Was a professional when he was here in Van where he had a diminished role due to Hutton's emergence.

I wish all the best for him in Nashville

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Had a lot of promise when Montreal drafted him but never really reached it. Good shot, good speed, makes mistakes.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
With a league minimum deal, the Jackman buyout makes more sense now. We got a younger, basically same caliber player and saved $750K

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Also,
Yannick Weber and Mikkel boedker were teammates on Kitchener Rangers and won a championship together there.....

more timely than that, he is a big friend of PK !

he has a good snipe ! i hope he thrives ... at the Kitchener Rangers, he was on paar with PK as a habs prospect ! and there were PK fans and Weber fans ! at the time he won the fastest shot in junior league.
PK paned out pretty well while he never found his mojo and was constantly moved .. he was even used as a forward.
He adds good value on the PP. If he would find his game, i believe that he could be of very good value for his price.
He is scoring points on a reliable basis.

between him, josi and Fiala Swiss German will appear in the locker room. It's an awfull language that (i speak) makes Danish or Dutch sound like a love song.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Oh please Yanic is a borderline NHL player hes nothing special in any way. Hes cheap has a number of NHL games on his resume. Any who expect special things from him are going to be disappointed.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Oh please Yanic is a borderline NHL player hes nothing special in any way. Hes cheap has a number of NHL games on his resume. Any who expect special things from him are going to be disappointed.

What true #5/6 D has special things? This guy is here to play 10-12 minutes a night and that's it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't generally expect bottom pairing defensemen to be special unless they're about to be shipped away for a #1 center.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

He's going to be like a #5 or 6 D. What special does anyone get from their bottom pairing guys? Give it a rest with the negativity.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
What true #5/6 D has special things? This guy is here to play 10-12 minutes a night and that's it.

Thats true there here to keep the damn from bursting to rest the top pairs no doubt. 5/6 guys should also be PK capable Yanic really is not. Sure he will be able to go 6 to 10 minutes with our top 4 thats what is expected. It would help if he could step up in case of injury and I have seen nothing from that indicates that. He has been sitting in the pressbox about 1/3 of the games he was NHL eligable. On two teams that need defense. Hes cheap so its not a big deal. But one injury theres trouble he nor Granberg or Tater are close to being 1st or 2nd pair replacments

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Don't expect too much from him guys, he was awful with Switzerland at the WC and he's really weak defensively.. He could be helpful on the second PP unit though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad