OT: Yahoo Fantasy Hockey/NHL Video Game Thread

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
We changed the draft time to 10:30 EST to try and get a couple more players. The two people that PM'd me can reply with their email addresses to get added.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Not trying to thread hijack, but we're moving it to 9pm est tomorrow, 10/5. Would love to have 2-6 more HF NYR peeps join us! Just PM your email, and we'll invite.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Week 1 finished in Yahoo Fantasy, any interesting things happening in your leagues?

I had the worst luck in drawing opponent, lost my matchup 97.98-100.61 while no other team in the league topped 70.

I also used my commissioner powers to stage an expansion draft as our rosters turned out to be too small. Pretty pissed that we didn't have our full rosters from scratch as two of the players that would've been my "next" choices in the initial draft had a huge week (Gallagher, Steen).

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Week 1 finished in Yahoo Fantasy, any interesting things happening in your leagues?

I had the worst luck in drawing opponent, lost my matchup 97.98-100.61 while no other team in the league topped 70.

I also used my commissioner powers to stage an expansion draft as our rosters turned out to be too small. Pretty pissed that we didn't have our full rosters from scratch as two of the players that would've been my "next" choices in the initial draft had a huge week (Gallagher, Steen).

my goalie tandem of Lundqvist and Luongo combined for a 3.51 GAA, .892 SV% and 3 wins. thought that was pretty interesting, considering who they are

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

My league starts this week.

Missed a huge first week from a couple of guys since my draft was the first day of the NHL season.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
my goalie tandem of Lundqvist and Luongo combined for a 3.51 GAA, .892 SV% and 3 wins. thought that was pretty interesting, considering who they are

Ouch, I also had Luongo but with Schneider, not Lundqvist.

Lundqvist went 2nd overall in my league and scored negative points in the first week, his owner isn't exactly happy about it.

Just had a trade offer rejected, damnit! Kessel, Lupul, Seguin, 4th for Toews, Dupuis, Williams, 2nd.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Someone in my VERY deep keeper league just offered me Grigorenko for Kadri straight up (I have Kadri) :facepalm:

The only benefit to that deal is that Grigorenko wouldn't require protection at the end of the season, and Kadri does.

I countered and offered him Kadri and Jean-Sebastian Giguere for Grigorenko and Jonathan Bernier to show him how ****ed up his deal was :laugh:

(For context: It's a 16 team league. Two starting goalies, 11 starting forwards, 5 starting D, a Utility spot, and 5 bench spots. So yeah, HUGELY deep league.)

Punxrocknyc19*

RANGERS GM HAS MADE SOME CHANGES.. IN NHL 14

rangers make some shocking deals.

RANGERS TRADE DEL ZOTTO, ST CROIX 1ST 2019 TO BOLTS FOR KUCHEROV, CONNOLLY, 3RD 2014 7TH 2014
RANGERS TRADE RICHARDS (2 mil retained) TO PANTHERS FOR BJUGSTAD 3RD 2014, 5TH 6TH 7TH 2014
RANGERS TRADE BOYLE TO DUCKS FOR BELESKEY AND 6TH 2014
RANGERS TRADDE ZUCCARELLO AND BICKEL TO CANUCKS FOR POLASEK, ANDERSSSON 4TH 7TH 2014
RANGERS TRADE GIRARDI TO WILD FOR DUMBA COYLE 2ED AND 6TH 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I am being decimated by early injuries, but remain competitive despite that. Hoping to bounce back by a quarter of the way in.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Was able to pick up Cam Ward somehow, Varlamov and Niemi is my other two. Does goalies usually have some value in fantasy hockey or should I roll with three goalies or just drop one of them?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Was able to pick up Cam Ward somehow, Varlamov and Niemi is my other two. Does goalies usually have some value in fantasy hockey or should I roll with three goalies or just drop one of them?

Yes, goalies have incredible value in all formats because they can generally earn the most points on any given night, and for roto and H2H they have 5-7 stat categories on average. You need good goaltending to win fantasy leagues.

Honestly I don't think Cam Ward is going to have a very good year. It might be good to spot start him against weaker teams to meet minimum start requirements for H2H or as a nothing to lose start at the end of the week when you need a shutout or really good game to pass your opponent. I would try to move him for a weakness on your roster, and if all else fails drop him and get a good waiver find. Varlamov and Niemi should be a perfectly good tandem in most leagues.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers brett connolly shines in rangers debut

Rangers down 3-1 by the 2ed period and after killing a penalty, the line change and brett connolly is on the ice with derick brassard and jt miller. Brett connolly scores twice within 2 mins of each other....nash ties the game at 5-5 with 3 mins left in the 3rd to force overtime with derick stepan scoring the game winner in overtime... Rangers win 6-5....

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm trying to rebuild in my keeper league since my team is a train wreck.

To start negotiations I offered someone:

Three of Jagr, Hemsky, Gagner, Nick Foligno, or Kris Versteeg and a third round draft pick

For

Filip Forsberg, Mika Zibanejad, and a fourth round draft pick.

This person told me he wouldn't trade Forsberg OR Zibanejad for a package of Stepan AND Kadri (two players I have)

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Punxrocknyc19*

need help Rangers fans of NHL 14

M.Staal to Oilers for N.Yakupov, 1, 2, 3 in 2014

M.Staal to Jets for E.Kane, L.Sutter, 4th, 6th 7th 2014

which one would you do.. consider that i already dealt Del Zotto to get Connolly and Kucherov, and dealt Girardi to get Dumba and Coyle

Punxrocknyc19*

i started a new franchise with updated rosters.. i made a few trades

Rangers trade Del Zotto, Pouliot and Brian Boyle to the Jets for Evander Kane, Lukas Sutter, Austen Brassard, Andrew Peluso and 5th in 2014

Rangers trade Powe to Sens for 3rd 2014

Rangers trade Asham to Wings for 4th 5th 2014

Rangers trade Girardi to Bolts for Connolly, Kucherov, Gudas and 3rd 2014

Rangers trade Nash to Flames for Monahan, Baerteschi, Bouma, 2ed 3rd 2014

Rangers trade Staal and St.Croix to Ducks for Etem, Palmieri, 3rd 6th 2014

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just made this trade in my keeper league:

I got:

Jakob Markstrom
2nd round entry-draft pick this year (entry-draft is for players who qualify for farm rosters in our league - under 150 NHL gp, and under 24 years of age)

I gave:

Malcolm Subban
1st round entry-draft pick 2015

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers line vs Ducks Rangers have 8-1 lead with 10 mins left in 1st period

Kreider Hat trick from a pass from Monahan

Kane Stepan Callahan
Kreider Brassard Boedker
Palmieri Monahan Connolly
Hagelin Miller Dorsett

McDonagh Moore
Murphy Gudas
Tennyson McIlrath

trades throughout the season.

Rangers trade Del Zotto, Pouliot and Brian Boyle to the Jets for Evander Kane, Lukas Sutter, Austen Brassard, Andrew Peluso and 5th in 2014
Rangers trade Powe to Sens for 3rd 2014
Rangers trade Asham to Wings for 4th 5th 2014
Rangers trade Girardi to Bolts for Connolly, Kucherov, Gudas and 3rd 2014
Rangers trade Jean and Niemi to Hawks for 4th and 6th 2014
Rangers trade Zuccarello and Pyatt to Flames for Breen 6th 7th 2014
Rangers trade Haley Bahensky and Falk to Sharks for Tennyson, Stalberg, Hamilton and 5th 2014
Rangers trade Staal and St.Croix to Ducks for Etem, Palmieri, 3rd 6th 2014
Rangers trade Wilson Maggio and Johnson to Kings for 3rd 5th 6th 2014
Rangers trade D.Moore and McColgan to Jackets for 2ed and 3rd 2014
Rangers trade Nash to Flames for Monahan, Baerteschi, Bouma, 2ed 3rd 2014
Rangers trade Nicholls to Senators 4th 5th 2014
Rangers trade Skapski to Coyotes for 6th 7th 2014
Rangers trade Peluso to Preds 6th 7th 2014
Rangers trade Bickel Bourque, 2ed 2017 to Stars for Connaucon, Gaunce,
Rangers trade Biron to Avs for 3rd 7th 2014
Rangers trade Richards, Stralman, 2ed 2018 2ed 2019 to Coyotes for Samuelsson, Boedker, Rieder, 5th 2014
Rangers trade Breen to Wings for Almquist 5th 7th 2014
Rangers trade Duclair to Canes for Murphy 3rd 4th 7th 2014

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Need some advice on a trade:

I give: Malkin
I get: Subban and Lundqvist

Categories: G,A,+/-, SOG, BLK, STG, STA
W,GA,SV,GAA,SV%

Have to have 2 centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D and 1 utility guy. It's tough to give up a guy like Malkin from a production standpoint, but my goaltending becomes significantly better as well as bolstering the back end.

Team:
Krejci
Vermette
Benn (LW,C)
Galchenyuk (LW,C)
B. Ryan
Tarasenko
Shattenkirk
Leddy
Vlasic
Bogosian
Hall (LW,C)
Dupuis
Saad

Lehtonen
Giguere
Rinne(IR)

I would probably drop Bogo in this scenario if I accepted the trade. I also may replace Tarasenko with Oshie who is available. Any thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00