OT: Yahoo Fantasy Hockey/NHL Video Game Thread

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I'm ready... Hockey can't start soon enough :help:

Whoever sets up a HFBoards league, let me know.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
There are a few running leagues on this board. The Commish's will start em up when Sept rolls around. Keep an eye out.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
There will be a handful of leagues.

I rocked in the regular season last year, but when Thornton, Getzlaf, Quick, and Vokoun all stopped producing for me in the league playoffs, things went south fast. It kind of did me in. :laugh:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I finished in 9th in the Champions league. Was having a great season until Cam Ward go hurt. Took a risk on DP, too which did not payoff at all :cry:.

My offense was sick. AO, Kane, Stastny, Kopitar, Duchene, and Neal. Defense was pretty good with Doughty, Enstrom, and Boyle.

Goalies killed me.

Looking back at the draft, I can't believe I got Kopitar in the 7th round, Stastny in the 8th, and Doughty in the 15th.

The Dark Passenger

HFNYR Blues GM
Jan 7, 2010
Vermont -> Florida
I was planning on putting together a league, although I've never done one on yahoo. The last two years I've done a league on ESPN and won both years easily, so I wanted to set up a league with a little more of a challenge and with other Ranger fans. So if anyone wants to join up then let me know what details you think would be good (ie number of teams, head to head vs. rotisserie scoring, etc).

Xtranova

Apr 28, 2010
Lalaland
I've never played the NHL one, so count me in for a league or three.

Pretty active on the soccer side though. Premier League, Champions League...so on!

But bring the hockey! Should be a good run!

Anyone btw know if there are some "rules" from last year or something to look at in the meantime. Just to find out how it works compared to the soccer ones that is :)

RangerFan10

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone want to join a dynasty keeper fantasy football league? Here's the league http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=304392 to check out the settings.

The keeper rules are as follows: You get a maximum of 8 keepers per off-season. One keeper can be ANY age, the other 7 must be 27 or younger on or before September 1 of that year. Hence the "dynasty" title.

VJ Rangerfan

Jan 13, 2007
NY
Yea, I'm def in for another fantasy league this year ...won the one I played in two seasons ago

Last edited:

Schweiker17

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone want to join a dynasty keeper fantasy football league? Here's the league http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=304392 to check out the settings.

The keeper rules are as follows: You get a maximum of 8 keepers per off-season. One keeper can be ANY age, the other 7 must be 27 or younger on or before September 1 of that year. Hence the "dynasty" title.

is it just for fun?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad