GDT: x-CAR - CHI - Teamwork. It keeps our players gruntled.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Another day another game. A win tonight would basically wrap up the division.

dealwithit.gif

So I see that Colorado lost in regulation. That was not an expected outcome, and probably drops them out of Presidents Trophy running, which is basically down to just us and Vegas at this point.

FrightenedOpulentBedbug-size_restricted.gif

Only 2 more games left in the year. In the past, this wasn't always the happiest of times.

726fc6cbcf534821d94d8a334a7d50ba.gif

Praise be to Tulsky. Praise be

tumblr_od3zuwc1aA1qc5ds6o1_500.gifv

So did anyone catch that game last night? Real great show of that beautiful game of hockey right from the start, wasn't it?

tumblr_locdpxW1iI1qfu47lo1_400.gif

At least we know where the priorities are from the league offices. Message sent, Parros.

tumblr_inline_mqxlpeFhZL1qz4rgp.gif

So anyway, back to the Canes. I hear that there is still some concern about Brindy maybe not getting a contract? Maybe we'll just let Hamilton go and Skjei will be claimed in the Expansion Draft and everything will come crashing down?

f61a5dd1bd3335ddcb079d860feb6e28.jpg

Anyway, should be a fun one tonight.

tumblr_mc33jyXXQD1r3p7kmo2_250.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Giving Petr a shot to take the job from Ned? Guessing Ned gets the first Nashville game and Petr the last and then a potentially tough decision (but not really, it should be Ned).
Petr is the veteran. Brindy is going to give him the Game 1 start, and he will remain starter unless a change is necessary. That's just the way its going to be.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
But do we really want the Presidents trophy?......

No matter, it's been a fun year and the best in our history. I don't remember ever watching the Canes this much expecting a win and upset when we lose.

Staal has been a phenomenal captain and is an extension of Brindy. Also, did Aho just become my favorite Cane ever?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Petr is the veteran. Brindy is going to give him the Game 1 start, and he will remain starter unless a change is necessary. That's just the way its going to be.

That may be the case but it shouldn't be. At the end of the day I think we can win with either goalie so it's not a big deal, but Ned has outperformed Petr lately and been more reliable.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

No matter, it's been a fun year and the best in our history. I don't remember ever watching the Canes this much expecting a win and upset when we lose.

Staal has been a phenomenal captain and is an extension of Brindy. Also, did Aho just become my favorite Cane ever?

Hardware Baby, the quest for relevance is nigh. We have hubris in hand.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Brind'Amour won his only Cup because the veteran sucked in the first round and the rookie came in.

Rod would be dumb to not replicate by starting Mrazek until he gets the flu and then putting Ned in.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

I'm not sure that last part will be the case. They are in contention for the President's Trophy running 2 goalies all season, which is a similar model to what they ran the past 2 years.

I would be shocked if we don't see Ned at some point. He's been too good, and the postseason is likely to be at least a little condensed. Play to your strengths. One of Carolina's strengths is goalie depth.

I just typed that without sarcasm.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
In the last post-game presser, RBA said that they had to get Petr some starts to get the rust off.

I feel for Ned and any upstart at times as some decisions don't exactly seem performance based.
Yes. And I'd rather he shed the rust now vs. playoffs.

Ned will be okay. He knows he is NHL material now on the Canes or elsewhere should it come to that.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

For Aho to even be in the conversation he needs a really good playoff round or two where he puts the team on his back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad