GDT: x-CAR - CHI - Teamwork. It keeps our players gruntled.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Petr is the veteran. Brindy is going to give him the Game 1 start, and he will remain starter unless a change is necessary. That's just the way its going to be.

Exactly. I think people should prepare themselves for this reality.
Unless Petr injured the part of his brain that does hockey, he's getting that first start. That's how RBA has operated his entire tenure basically.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
341e862c3e89e8ce0609c2f2be509855b6f57262.gifv

if we're talking shows cancelled too soon - seeing this guy always makes me have a moment of sadness for the loss of 'andy richter controls the universe'

also, go team and stuff

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Portia is Queen of unrightfully canceled sitcoms.

tumblr_m2sts9O1BI1r7vuvuo2_250.gif

Anyway let's win.

That was such a great show, however at the end of the original series the story line was getting a little weird and they were running on steam to keep it coherent, even though it was still funny. Netflix revived season closed it out pretty well but also couldnt have been sustainable.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Rod mentioned on the post-game show Tuesday Mrazek was rusty and he wanted to get him starts to get him up to speed for the playoffs. (Edit: this is my opinion) Mrazek Ned Mrazek last 3, then platoon into the playoffs. Sorry Optimus Reim

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
That was such a great show, however at the end of the original series the story line was getting a little weird and they were running on steam to keep it coherent, even though it was still funny. Netflix revived season closed it out pretty well but also couldnt have been sustainable.
Yeah season 4 was only ok and I never got into season 5. 1-3 was all tremendous, season 2 being pretty much perfect start to finish

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Exactly. I think people should prepare themselves for this reality.
Unless Petr injured the part of his brain that does hockey, he's getting that first start. That's how RBA has operated his entire tenure basically.
'Tis true but I tend to like the team's attitude more with Ned...seem more confident and fierce..maybe it's just familiarity given the injuries.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I bet we see more of Ned then we're expecting. Mrazek hasn't played much in a long time, and the playoffs tend to put a spotlight on any lingering issues be it mental, or physical. He's probably every bit as good as Ned, but Ned has been in the crease a lot more, and has been battling with the team for a the majority of the season. Either way, its nice to have 2.5 goalies capable of making a run with.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If Ned does get the nod for the playoffs at any time (and he likely will), it'll be a big test for him. He's still made consecutive starts I think like 3 times. But I doubt our goaltending will be any major reason we lose any given game no matter which guy gets in.

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
I don't think it would be a surprise, nor should it be an issue, if Petr starts Game 1. Ned is very good. He knows it. We know it. But Petr has a 1.75 GAA this season and has provided this team and fanbase with playoff energy for the last few years.

Ned (and his sub-2 GAA) will come in handy when we need him.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I don't think it would be a surprise, nor should it be an issue, if Petr starts Game 1. Ned is very good. He knows it. We know it. But Petr has a 1.75 GAA this season and has provided this team and fanbase with playoff energy for the last few years.

Ned (and his sub-2 GAA) will come in handy when we need him.

Plus Petr has NHL playoff experience, while Ned has won a Calder he has never been in the NHL playoffs yet. He will get some games but if Petr holds the fort and plays well we will see little of Ned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad