GDT: WWE Payback (May 1st, 2016) -- But whose side are they on!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Watching the PPV now that the Raptors game is done.

Horrible injury for Enzo... Wow, jaw dropped :(

ChbDVCuWgAAx1Sj.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I seriously would have been mega down with a Reigns/Usos vs. BC feud for a good while. Let the club get the win and the title while Reigns chases. Extreme Rules is a 3 on 3 no dq match. Reigns gets his rematch at the next ppv. Maybe do a cheap victory for AJ to continue letting Reigns chase. At this point EVERYONE is built up. AJ is a great champ. The club is off and running. Reigns is main eventing. Usos are a great supporting cast to tag against BC.

Then you can have your moment... Finn comes out and takes over the club. AJ (face) vs. Finn & BC. Reigns moves on with his title back (4x lol) and goes to his Summerslam program.

Why can't we have booking where everyone wins and a purpose to it all? Not 50/50 ****. Not lame-duck rematches that have no point. Everyone could have been elevated with simple easy writing.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Save us Crossfit Jesus
Take back the title you never lost

Hope he comes back soon

Wish AJ won so we could just go straight to Rollins vs AJ

And forget about Reigns
Forever

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They aren't doing Roman any favors. I cannot imagine how this guy's next 5-10 years of his career go. WWE is ruining his career by force feeding him to every fan.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Save us Crossfit Jesus
Take back the title you never lost

Hope he comes back soon

Wish AJ won so we could just go straight to Rollins vs AJ

And forget about Reigns
Forever

Roman was going to beat Seth in two straight PPV matches anyways.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
I thought it was a decent show. Enjoyed the hell out of the first hour outside of the unfortunate injury. The McMahon's....oofta. At least maybe there will be some interesting stuff coming out of that....although I doubt it. The main event was what it was. AJ looked great, Reigns was kind of just there. I flashbacked to so many Cena matches. That's exactly what that BS was. But oh well, I enjoyed the night and was entertained throughout. Owens and Zayn my god. They should legit just wrestle for 3 hours and they would never lose my attention. Onto the next one.

Also good news that hadn't been posted yet (At least not in here)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Dat Roman/AJ booking :facepalm:
It always annoys me when people kick out of the slingshot 450 splash, let alone the one following a finisher. The coolest looking move in the sport IMO, and it's treated like a generic slam.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
AJ Styles is so ****ing good. Getting that kind of match or of Roman Reigns is not easy.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
AJ Styles is so ****ing good. Getting that kind of match or of Roman Reigns is not easy.

not AJ fault but it was boring. Let Roman rest and think his next move...rinse repeat 1 move a minuted match...

AJ looked amazing selling and doing his moves....

Problem with Styles...fans are not behind him that much so far but he has been in 2 ****** feuds. Let him have a feud with Miz-Ko and he'll gain intereste for the majority

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Fans aren't behind Styles? He's been one of if not the most over guys since he debuted and has sold a **** ton of merch already

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I miss the entirety of the main event. Woke up this morning and it was all Mrs. CS could talk about. I'll have to watch it.

Regarding Enzo's injury; That sucks. Hitting the ropes with your face/head doesn't feel pleasant. I did it a few times during training and each time, they took a chunk out of my face. It's very painful, but hitting the back of your head on the apron... That's how I suffered my second severe concussion. It's a scary experience, hearing the bang and then seeing nothing but black, as if your eyes are closed, but they are indeed opened (which is why you have that glazed over look in your eyes). I always hate those moments, but seeing Kevin's tweet and hearing he is out of the hospital, it's such a relief.

Kudos to Kevin to. He travelled with them and was good friends with both Cass and Enzo while in NXT, and you could see he was visibly rattled when he walked out for his match. But when he got into the ring and went toe-to-toe with Sami... Magic.

I enjoyed Payback, more-so than I thought I would, but I'll have to catch that main event.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Oh, and how good was Ryback last night? From mocking Punk's entrance to get heat on himself, to literally saving Kalisto from a career-shortening injury, he was on point last night. Kudos to him.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Dat Roman/AJ booking :facepalm:
It always annoys me when people kick out of the slingshot 450 splash, let alone the one following a finisher. The coolest looking move in the sport IMO, and it's treated like a generic slam.

The booking was a huge cluster****, but it made sense. They furthered the storyline of Shane and Steph trying to one-up each other. They furthered the storyline of Gallows and Anderson being big and bald or whatever. (I've yet to be impressed with them. What should I be caring about?)

Plus, the match itself was really good, too.

The only real booking complaint I have is the ending of the women's match. A screwjob ending? Wat?

srflem

Aug 24, 2012
I didn't catch Ryback/Kalisto. Did Kalisto **** something up?

There was a point in the match where Ryback was outside the ring and Kalisto jumped off of the ropes (I believe) and did sort of a spin/flip onto Ryback.

When Kalisto did the spin/flip he was going to land a foot short which would have ended up smacking his back off the apron with full force but Ryback reached out and caught him and took the bump.

*Also new to these boards and I hope to post a bit more, lurked for months, you guys are great*

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
there was a point in the match where ryback was outside the ring and kalisto jumped off of the ropes (i believe) and did sort of a spin/flip onto ryback.

When kalisto did the spin/flip he was going to land a foot short which would have ended up smacking his back off the apron with full force but ryback reached out and caught him and took the bump.

*also new to these boards and i hope to post a bit more, lurked for months, you guys are great*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad