GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I knew my opinion of him was not going to be popular, just thought I'd offer a different view point. I think we can all agree on Big E though. That dude has it all, except the right skin color...which kinda fascinates me, how they're willing to push a Samoan guy...well half Samoan, but not a black guy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Big E is awesome.

Even when he was playing bodyguard for AJ and Dolph and never speaking or showing any personality, his Twitter and Instagram videos made me become such a fan of him. His charisma is off the charts.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Guys. Come on. It's going to be Brock vs Dean and HHH vs Roman.

They will NOT deviate from that plan and any thoughts otherwise would just be wishful thinking.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When was the last time that WWE changed their plans after announcing their main events to this degree? I'm not counting the Bryan situation because that was an added stipulation to his already planned match and not just a total change in opponent.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So how do people expect the main event to be based on the crowd? Do you think they will **** on it? Will they simply just go full HHH?

That NXT event is going to really push the smarks to fall in love with HHH. He might be the biggest babyface after that event. It might be full out hate-reigns crowd.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So how do people expect the main event to be based on the crowd? Do you think they will **** on it? Will they simply just go full HHH?

That NXT event is going to really push the smarks to fall in love with HHH. He might be the biggest babyface after that event. It might be full out hate-reigns crowd.

I expect it to be the same as the Wrestlemania 22 crowd when Triple H was the heel against Cena.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm thinking edge will have some impact on the main event, not necessarly the outcome of the match or anything.

Maybe the leaguy of booty tries to run out and beat on ambrose but edge creates a distraction or his music hits and he sends out some face guys to run off the league so the match is back to 1v1

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm thinking edge will have some impact on the main event, not necessarly the outcome of the match or anything.

Maybe the leaguy of booty tries to run out and beat on ambrose but edge creates a distraction or his music hits and he sends out some face guys to run off the league so the match is back to 1v1

...what... but why?

I don't think LON will interfere in the match. I think it will have the classic "knocked out referee" HHH will get the sledge hammer, maybe have that Authority ref come out (what ever his name is) but I don't think it will be that much of an overbooked mess.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
...what... but why?

I don't think LON will interfere in the match. I think it will have the classic "knocked out referee" HHH will get the sledge hammer, maybe have that Authority ref come out (what ever his name is) but I don't think it will be that much of an overbooked mess.

Because they trash talked edge/chrisitan at fast lane and this is not an ACTUAL PPV it's a network thing.

and then there's this little thing about it being in TORONTO.

Even if the league of booty isn't there and HHH tries for the sledgehammer spot, you can still have edge there for distraction purposes from when Triple H kicked him out of the arena last time they were in toronto.

of course THAT scenario interferes with the outcome (probably) so i don't see that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Edge and Christian are involved it'll be in some filler segment. In fact, if he were going to be on the show, he'd be advertised by now.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
If Edge and Christian are involved it'll be in some filler segment. In fact, if he were going to be on the show, he'd be advertised by now.

wouldn't be much of a surprise appearance if they flat out advertised it now would it?

I'm not saying it's likely or anything like that. I'm just saying it's in toronto and NOT having them on the show would be pretty dumb.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
When was the last time that WWE changed their plans after announcing their main events to this degree? I'm not counting the Bryan situation because that was an added stipulation to his already planned match and not just a total change in opponent.

They could realistically do the same thing. Have Ambrose cheated out of the title at Roadblock, then have him keep pissing off Triple H and say if he can beat Lesnar in a street fight, he can get added to the main event like Bryan was.

I know everyone likes to talk about WWE being out of touch and forcing things down fans' throats, but surely they can't be this out of touch to have Wrestlemania end in a rain of boos from everybody there...

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
It kind of annoys me that for the second year in a row, they're acknowledging that their main event feud isn't the popular choice and are teasing changing it just to string people along a little longer.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm also on the small list of guys that aren't Dean Ambrose fans. I definitely feel like he is trying way too hard and it makes his character come off as unnatural. I get this from the way he cuts promos and his goofy facial expressions and mannerisms. I just think he is lame. I don't buy him as the cool bad ass character they are trying to make him be. Especially with that haircut.

I especially hated his acting in the segment where he got out of the ambulance to get to Lesnar. The limping and falling on the way to the ring was just terrible and not believable.

I cringe when anyone compares him to Piper or Pillman.

I really hope he doesn't beat Lesnar.

He is great in the ring though. Only problem I have with his ring work are his punches and that kick off the ropes into the clothesline he does.

S A W F T*

I'm also on the small list of guys that aren't Dean Ambrose fans. I definitely feel like he is trying way too hard and it makes his character come off as unnatural. I get this from the way he cuts promos and his goofy facial expressions and mannerisms. I just think he is lame. I don't buy him as the cool bad ass character they are trying to make him be. Especially with that haircut.

I especially hated his acting in the segment where he got out of the ambulance to get to Lesnar. The limping and falling on the way to the ring was just terrible and not believable.

I cringe when anyone compares him to Piper or Pillman.

I really hope he doesn't beat Lesnar.

He is great in the ring though. Only problem I have with his ring work are his punches and that kick off the ropes into the clothesline he does.

That haircut is really his only option other than going with a shaved head.

His hairline is way too receded.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That haircut is really his only option other than going with a shaved head.

His hairline is way too receded.

A big part of the issue with Ambrose is they pretty much shackled him into a cheesy good guy version of Mankind. If they made him a little more serious and cerebral with a lot less referencing the craziness he supposedly has, it'd give him a little more freedom and it would make more sense what he does. I always preferred slicked back Dean Ambrose over the current hair cut.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Yeah, Im not a big ''look'' guy necessarily but Dean's hair, especially when soaking wet, looks hideous. The slicked back look worked better for him.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Second non-traditional PPV/network special running opposite a major UFC card.

Sticking it to the UFC or the PPV providers...or both?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A big part of the issue with Ambrose is they pretty much shackled him into a cheesy good guy version of Mankind. If they made him a little more serious and cerebral with a lot less referencing the craziness he supposedly has, it'd give him a little more freedom and it would make more sense what he does. I always preferred slicked back Dean Ambrose over the current hair cut.

I feel like that is what we have gotten lately with Dean. A bit more serious. Ya he still cracks a few jokes, but he is legit getting into the face of guys that makes him actually look insane to do (as no one gets in Brock's face willingly as current booking goes).

This iron man gimmick they are sort of building around him is less "wacky" then Dean was a few months ago. Plus it has gotten him out of Roman's shadow.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Because they trash talked edge/chrisitan at fast lane and this is not an ACTUAL PPV it's a network thing.

and then there's this little thing about it being in TORONTO.

Even if the league of booty isn't there and HHH tries for the sledgehammer spot, you can still have edge there for distraction purposes from when Triple H kicked him out of the arena last time they were in toronto.

of course THAT scenario interferes with the outcome (probably) so i don't see that.

I thought you where referring to LON interfering at Mania against Reigns, my bad.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Last time a house show got turned into a network PPV thing Ambrose sorta, kinda, almost won the title against Rollins... so maybe....he wins...?.........probs not.

If Dean wins then that turns the main event at Mania into a Fatal 4 Way, they don't just end a feud with Lesnar, and I don't think they do the double duty thing and have him work with Lesnar then Triple H & Reigns. This is just to get Triple H heat which he can't get against Reigns because no one wants Reigns in the main event/title picture

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Last time a house show got turned into a network PPV thing Ambrose sorta, kinda, almost won the title against Rollins... so maybe....he wins...?.........probs not.

If Dean wins then that turns the main event at Mania into a Fatal 4 Way, they don't just end a feud with Lesnar, and I don't think they do the double duty thing and have him work with Lesnar then Triple H & Reigns. This is just to get Triple H heat which he can't get against Reigns because no one wants Reigns in the main event/title picture

Literally the ONLY way I see them changing the title main event in favor of Dean is if they have him win at Roadblock then reverse it either that night or on Raw.

Then he gets the stipulation that if he beats Brock he gets into the title picture in a triple threat. I just don't see a fatal 4 way happening with Brock involved.

ya its just 30 all over again, but it will still work as Dean will look like a billion dollars by the end of it and its the perfect spot to turn Roman.

Of course none of this will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad