GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (17th June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Does Vince not understand that this kind of booking is what happens with Reigns?

The fans turned on Roman not so much because he was pushed hard, but for a multitude of other reasons.

1. He kept all the SHIELD stuff, which made him look bad, as Dean and Seth had to "Start over" and he just got very noticeably handed the world.

2. He was getting pushed at a time when the audience very clearly wanted Daniel Bryan, and they elected to ignore them.

3. Blue contacts and "Sufferin' Succotash" and Jack and the Beanstalk promos didn't help...

4. CM Punk's "Make Roman look strong" comments didn't help either.

He didn't really get hated because he got pushed. He got hated because it was so obvious they hand-picked him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No they hate him for being overexposed.

Everything revolves around him for like 4 years now, and their attempts to work the crowd into carrying about him are obvious and clumsy.

They could have turned him heel a year or two ago and he wouldn’t be this nuclear right now. It is all the booking. It has always been the booking.

Blaming this on Punk is silly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Did Alexa take a single bump tonight? Being a Becky fan must really be hell. Have to watch her standing there, clearly ready to win. Then wait to be geeked out because LOLBliss.

HHH wishes his reign of terror was like this Bliss run.

Also the Asuka finish was even dumber then I remembered. She got pointlessly distracted for like two minutes, breaks out of a roll up, just to go and be distracted AGAIN and then lose.

The roll up would have been bad enough, but make her the biggest geek twice? Why?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Huggy43

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The fans turned on Roman not so much because he was pushed hard, but for a multitude of other reasons.

1. He kept all the SHIELD stuff, which made him look bad, as Dean and Seth had to "Start over" and he just got very noticeably handed the world.

2. He was getting pushed at a time when the audience very clearly wanted Daniel Bryan, and they elected to ignore them.

3. Blue contacts and "Sufferin' Succotash" and Jack and the Beanstalk promos didn't help...

4. CM Punk's "Make Roman look strong" comments didn't help either.

He didn't really get hated because he got pushed. He got hated because it was so obvious they hand-picked him.
Disagree. They hate him because he's quite literally Superman. He's got no weaknesses. He can get hit with 20 chair shots and just spear someone and win. Literally none of the reasons you stated is why I hate him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I honestly don't understand why people shit on the product the way they do. I thoroughly enjoyed MitB, it's to the point where I feel like people complain for the sake of complaining.

The best example of this was the Carmella/Asuka match... I loathe Carmella, I think she is extremely untalented in the ring and even worse on the mic; yet, I have no issue with how that match ended because 1) it would be disconcerting to see yourself like that, so I totally get the reaction by Asuka; and 2) it's a heel winning by heel tactics, it should be hard to get a tile off a heel because they are supposed to be more likely to do underhanded things to retain the title.

Reactions: TD Charlie

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I honestly don't understand why people **** on the product the way they do. I thoroughly enjoyed MitB, it's to the point where I feel like people complain for the sake of complaining.

watch NXT Chicago from Saturday or NJPW Dominion from last week then tell me MITB was good

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Good, enjoyable ppv ?

Zayn absolutely geeked out with lashley spamming the same two movies to end the match (and giving a terrible pin). Your hottest wrestler on the main roster is selling his knee AGAIN, and has to resort to a slimy victory to retain against an inferior Elias. Becky is geeked out. Asuka is geeked out in a ridiculous manner that makes no sense for her character. Braun is given the briefcase which is just absolutely lazy booking considering he doesn't need it one bit.

Solid ppv, sure.

We all gave props for Ronda for once again showing she belongs here. And we gave props to the AJ/Nakamura match that was pretty good with a fantastic ending.

But yes, we are complaining to complain.

Reactions: Fro

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good, enjoyable ppv ?

Zayn absolutely geeked out with lashley spamming the same two movies to end the match (and giving a terrible pin). Your hottest wrestler on the main roster is selling his knee AGAIN, and has to resort to a slimy victory to retain against an inferior Elias. Becky is geeked out. Asuka is geeked out in a ridiculous manner that makes no sense for her character. Braun is given the briefcase which is just absolutely lazy booking considering he doesn't need it one bit.

Solid ppv, sure.

We all gave props for Ronda for once again showing she belongs here. And we gave props to the AJ/Nakamura match that was pretty good with a fantastic ending.

But yes, we are complaining to complain.

I think @GKJ said it best. In-ring quality is definitely not bad and worth while to watch. The booking decisions have been so bad for so long. And it's made worse by NXT being the night before with all the right decisions and all the sense it makes from promo to match to overall booking.

Reactions: TD Charlie

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Example: Ricochet vs. Dream. Pre-promo package made perfect sense where Ricochet calls Dream out for being a rookie and Dream's arrogance/charisma is on full display ignoring it and talking about how great he is while Ricochet works indys. In-match Ricochet starts off out-classing Dream. Dream gets under his skin with arrogance. They go into a finale of trying to one-up eachother. Dream gets too cocky and loses. His character is not hurt AT ALL by the loss. The booking made sense from start to finish.

WWE - Strowman is a freaking monster who was on the run of his life prior to being f5'd once by Lesnar. He's the last guy who needs a briefcase to work with. He destroyed everyone and has destroyed everyone in recent weeks so nobody is on his level and Lesnar destroyed him so he's not on Lesnar's. Oh and Lesnar is never on the show to cash-in on. Give that to Joe, KO, or even New Day and you can see some really cool stuff for them to do w/ the MITB briefcase. It makes zero sense why he would ever need the briefcase.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t fault them for giving Braun the briefcase when for months he was by far getting the best reactions on the show and the most over guy in the company. People said that they didn’t want guys like this to be at the top of the chain and then decided he was awesome. What are they supposed to do?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think it was a bad PPV.

I enjoyed Rollins/Elias, the Women's MITB and AJ/Nakamura ended really strong.

I heard from several sources that Cass and DB was solid. I didn't see it so I can't comment.

The rest was either boring or actively bad. The men's MITB was weak outside of Owens one spot. Carmella vs Asuka was bad with bad booking. Ronda looks good again but not enough to compensate for Nia. f*** Reigns vs Jinder and I'm still waiting to see this "good" Lashley y'all keep telling me about.

Is Rollins still gonna be selling the knee injury in 10 years?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Example: Ricochet vs. Dream. Pre-promo package made perfect sense where Ricochet calls Dream out for being a rookie and Dream's arrogance/charisma is on full display ignoring it and talking about how great he is while Ricochet works indys. In-match Ricochet starts off out-classing Dream. Dream gets under his skin with arrogance. They go into a finale of trying to one-up eachother. Dream gets too cocky and loses. His character is not hurt AT ALL by the loss. The booking made sense from start to finish.

WWE - Strowman is a freaking monster who was on the run of his life prior to being f5'd once by Lesnar. He's the last guy who needs a briefcase to work with. He destroyed everyone and has destroyed everyone in recent weeks so nobody is on his level and Lesnar destroyed him so he's not on Lesnar's. Oh and Lesnar is never on the show to cash-in on. Give that to Joe, KO, or even New Day and you can see some really cool stuff for them to do w/ the MITB briefcase. It makes zero sense why he would ever need the briefcase.

"The Dream has no memory of that."

Reactions: TNT87 and ColePens

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I honestly don't understand why people **** on the product the way they do. I thoroughly enjoyed MitB, it's to the point where I feel like people complain for the sake of complaining.

The best example of this was the Carmella/Asuka match... I loathe Carmella, I think she is extremely untalented in the ring and even worse on the mic; yet, I have no issue with how that match ended because 1) it would be disconcerting to see yourself like that, so I totally get the reaction by Asuka; and 2) it's a heel winning by heel tactics, it should be hard to get a tile off a heel because they are supposed to be more likely to do underhanded things to retain the title.

I mentioned it earlier, but I dont mind the Carmella win with heel tactics, I thought the execution was poor though. Asuka was stunned by the mystique of Ellsworth twice for what felt like 5 minutes. :laugh:

Why not do a distraction, have Carmella use the title belt as a weapon, slide the belt out of the ring, 1-2-3. I feel a finish like that would have been far better.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the distraction went on way too long. Asuka was overselling it like crazy (not Asuka's fault though, it was the writing/timing)

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
watch NXT Chicago from Saturday or NJPW Dominion from last week then tell me MITB was good
I watched them both, thanks. But deciding something is bad by comparing to to something else is pretty stupid IMO. I enjoyed all three of the events to different degrees.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I watched them both, thanks. But deciding something is bad by comparing to to something else is pretty stupid IMO. I enjoyed all three of the events to different degrees.

the show was trash. comparing them is perfectly reasonable cause you know whats possible if the main roster wasnt booked like a f***ing dumpster fire

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the show was trash. comparing them is perfectly reasonable cause you know whats possible if the main roster wasnt booked like a ****ing dumpster fire
My point that you obviously failed to grasp is there are varying degrees of enjoyable, just because something could be better, doesn't mean it's shit.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That's your opinion. personally, I enjoyed it more than Dominion. I guess that means Dominion was **** too by your logic.

I dont think something is shit just because its not as good as something else, but when you see a BAD show like MITB (where a SINGLE match was both well worked and correctly booked) despite having just as solid a talent level as NXT or NJPW, its inexcusable. I really struggled to find any real entertainment value in that show at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad