GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (17th June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The replay starts in 45 minutes. Without spoiling it, is it worth watching?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only match really worth watching IMO. It was really good

Seems harsh.

That Women’s Ladder Match was good, the Ronda match was entertaining, DB/Cass was good for what it was, the Men’s Ladder match should have been better, but it still had spots to make it worth watching.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I’ll stick to the Last Man Standing and NXT. Haven’t watched Raw or Smackdown in a month at least so I’m pretty out of touch right now but sounds like I haven’t missed a lot :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just some things now that I watched the rest:

1) It's painfully obvious Vince has no intention to ever believe a person like Asuka or Nakamura can lead the WWE as champion. I was so sad to see those 2 basically pushed aside and they are so insanely talented. It's really sad. Nak/AJ was match of the night, by a country mile, but Vince obviously will not give it to a person like them. It's so f***ing annoying and stupid.

2) Booking was BRUTAL. Pointless Bliss win and Braun winning? The f*** does that guy need a briefcase for? Joe, KO, Kofi.. those guys would have been awesome. Seriously New Day with the briefcase would have been through the roof entertaining. Awful booking. And the finale felt rushed and not good. A solid B for the MITB matches but nothing i'll never ever ever see again.

3) Storylines go to NXT. Every single match/pre-match promo makes perfect sense. The in-ring work matches the promo. It all is so simple and makes sense. WWE is f***ing brutal with storylines.

As per the usual with WWE - i'm left disappointed. Thank freaking GOD for NXT and NJPW. Seriously.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This company views being over as an excuse to put you in a holding pattern in the mid card because they figure you won’t lose your heat. If you happen to lose your heat though, they claim it justifies the lack of a push.

They instead push people who aren’t over with this insane notion that overexposure will somehow get them over. Of course this at best leaves you with dimishing returns (Braun) or flat out backfires (Roman).

This is in direct contrast to other promotions, including NxT, where you get pushed because you are over leading to things people want to see, and wrestlers people actually get behind.

This company wastes talent. It wastes heat because “You don’t like what you like. You like what I tell you to like”

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just some things now that I watched the rest:

1) It's painfully obvious Vince has no intention to ever believe a person like Asuka or Nakamura can lead the WWE as champion. I was so sad to see those 2 basically pushed aside and they are so insanely talented. It's really sad. Nak/AJ was match of the night, by a country mile, but Vince obviously will not give it to a person like them. It's so ****ing annoying and stupid.

2) Booking was BRUTAL. Pointless Bliss win and Braun winning? The **** does that guy need a briefcase for? Joe, KO, Kofi.. those guys would have been awesome. Seriously New Day with the briefcase would have been through the roof entertaining. Awful booking. And the finale felt rushed and not good. A solid B for the MITB matches but nothing i'll never ever ever see again.

3) Storylines go to NXT. Every single match/pre-match promo makes perfect sense. The in-ring work matches the promo. It all is so simple and makes sense. WWE is ****ing brutal with storylines.

As per the usual with WWE - i'm left disappointed. Thank freaking GOD for NXT and NJPW. Seriously.

You know what is even more depressing? Asuka and Nakamura both won the Royal Rumble this year.

They both failed to win the belt and are floundering around despite being very very over.

At least in Nakamura’s case, the champ is AJ, who is even more over. With Asuka you have Carmella is who absolutely not over as anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
on a different note, you should all check out WWE 24: Hardys Woken. Easily the best WWE 24 they've ever done, and the footage they have is crazy (literally have The Hardyz taking drugs, drinking alcohol, all f***ed up when talking about their drug issues). They touch on the TNA incident with Sting, Matt dozing off sitting up in the middle of an interview, Show's experiences with both of them being in clear pain and having issues, Christian saying he'd call Matt out and told him the only way this ends is with him dead at this rate (back in 2010).

I'm surprised they have so much footage of these guys taking their drugs and drinking so much booze, but it's a seriously powerful WWE 24. Reby seems completely crazy on Twitter a lot of the time but odds are she's the only reason Matt's alive right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falco Lombardi

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think that's overrating it imho.

Last man standings are generally slower, but this one seemed slower. I dunno. I personally couldn't go over ***1/2 for it.
I honestly found most of it to be boring (the last man standing stip hurt the match) but the last 5 minutes were tremendous.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
on a different note, you should all check out WWE 24: Hardys Woken. Easily the best WWE 24 they've ever done, and the footage they have is crazy (literally have The Hardyz taking drugs, drinking alcohol, all ****ed up when talking about their drug issues). They touch on the TNA incident with Sting, Matt dozing off sitting up in the middle of an interview, Show's experiences with both of them being in clear pain and having issues, Christian saying he'd call Matt out and told him the only way this ends is with him dead at this rate (back in 2010).

I'm surprised they have so much footage of these guys taking their drugs and drinking so much booze, but it's a seriously powerful WWE 24. Reby seems completely crazy on Twitter a lot of the time but odds are she's the only reason Matt's alive right now.

I remember seeing footage of them in diners and stuff smacked off their minds back in the day either trashing WWE or even CM Punk so I guess it was stuff they filmed and never destroyed?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ugh playing the knee with Seth again. So tired of this

He isn't even good at it. He plays it up for 5 minutes and then is bouncing around doing frog splashes and falcon arrow's. He is entirely overrated.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I remember seeing footage of them in diners and stuff smacked off their minds back in the day either trashing WWE or even CM Punk so I guess it was stuff they filmed and never destroyed?
yeah. They even talked about that when Jeff Hardy was in the diner and trashed Punk. The video is in the doc and Jeff commented on it saying he was out of his mind on drugs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Just watching the Women's MITB now and I actually love watching Lana wrestle. It's like watching Nascar for the car crashes. Also Ember Moon is THICK, she puts Naomi to shame.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
yeah. They even talked about that when Jeff Hardy was in the diner and trashed Punk. The video is in the doc and Jeff commented on it saying he was out of his mind on drugs.

I have to watch this tomorrow. That was the footage I was thinking of. God were they a damn mess at that time.

Glad their story didn’t end in a tragedy, even if Jeff still has his demons.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have to watch this tomorrow. That was the footage I was thinking of. God were they a damn mess at that time.

Glad their story didn’t end in a tragedy, even if Jeff still has his demons.
It shows a good look at how bad Matt got, and while we knew something was up I was still surprised to see how bad it got for Matt.

Matt said Jeff still worries him -- not because of drugs or anything, because Jeff is off that now, but Jeff is so in his head sometimes. He said that when they touched on Jeff having his recent DUI charge.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m glad someone brought up the Hardyz WWE 24 documentary. Incredibly well done.

I second the notion that Reby is likely the only reason Matt is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad