GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (25th February 2018) - Too Many Mans!

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
The quadruple stackup should've beat Braun, because it would've been credible and not make him look bad. Instead we got booking that made no sense.

I mean, it was funny when Braun kicked out of it. But I figured they'd keep up their plan of everyone beating on Braun. Instead they all looked like geeks abandoning that plan and turning on each other. One by one they all turned into an idiot.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Funny how WWE always has a plan to try to pop the crowd after Reigns wins a match no one wants to see him win...how about push the right guy for a change ala Shinsuke Nakamura. That's how you book
Properly

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
At the very least set up some other storylines. We know Roman is winning, but give us something else to maybe get behind at Mania.

Instead they literally geeked everyone out.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I miss when we were complaining about Seth being overexposed as the wwe champion
Anything is better than this completely predictable Reigns getting shoved down our throats year after year (after year after year)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I mean, it was funny when Braun kicked out of it. But I figured they'd keep up their plan of everyone beating on Braun. Instead they all looked like geeks abandoning that plan and turning on each other. One by one they all turned into an idiot.
Idiocy is contagious can't blame them

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The quadruple stackup should've beat Braun, because it would've been credible and not make him look bad. Instead we got booking that made no sense.
when it was happening I thought to myself "I can't believe this dude is about to correctly predict this prediction with all those involved" and then he kicked out lol.

Cena/Taker is so happening after that Raw Talk.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
It's weird how they had both their big monsters throw temper tantrums in the aftermath tonight. Maybe they could get together and make that a dumb part of a gimmick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would go ***3\/4 for the women. I didn't like the booking overall, but the work was great.

Solid * for the men. Match sucked
I'm probably being waaaay too generous for the men's. It's probably not higher than a ** now that I think about it and more in the * range. They could have made a star in Strowman if he pinned Reigns and I could have forgiven them for their shit utilization of the chamber compared to the women's match.

The only booking decision in the women's match I didn't like was Bliss pinning Bayley. I think it would have been more impactful to the story to have either had Bayley pin Sasha, or Sasha forcing Bayley to submit with the Bank Statement her into submission like she did at the Takeovers a while ago.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol no chance I'm watching Mania. Not even for AJ/Nakamura. They won't give them the proper amount of time to make it special. This is Vince. He'll give them an 8-10 minute match very early on in the program.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was squeaky clean too. They had Braun dominate the match and job a lot of big names just to be pinned clean by Roman. They really couldn't book it worse as no one looks good coming out of this.

I dont think Bliss winning so clean was the way either. She has been made to look really weak for months, so to just have her win this rather easily didnt make sense. That and I dont see how Bliss/Jax is a good mania match up.

They made Sasha and bayley look stupid and yeah they needed Sasha to tap her out to add more fire to the feud.

Rest of the booking was fine.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lady Chamber match was really good. Otherwise that was a very dull show. Rousey was nervous as hell that entire segment and is desperately going to need a manager if they plan on doing anything with her.

Sup Heyman?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’ll give rousey a pass on this promo because if it was a life long goal then yes it can be overwhelming. Let’s see how she handles it going forward.

At this point I think we are gonna see Rollins vs. Balor at mania and they or AJ/Nak steal the show depending on who gets more time.

Reigns vs lesnar might not be a bad match but the story just sucks going into it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Clean is not an adequate description for Reigns winning against Strowman. That was a squash match tacked on to the end of a chamber match. I realize Braun took some finishers up to that point, but he looked out of his depth against Reigns. It was absurd.

Reactions: tp71 and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ll give rousey a pass on this promo because if it was a life long goal then yes it can be overwhelming. Let’s see how she handles it going forward.

At this point I think we are gonna see Rollins vs. Balor at mania and they or AJ/Nak steal the show depending on who gets more time.

Reigns vs lesnar might not be a bad match but the story just sucks going into it.

Fair, kinda, on Rousey. She was very clearly overwhelmed with nerves AND emotion.

Wrestlemania is shaping up to be ugly. Hopefully Styles v Shinsuke get 25 minutes or more and can tear the place down. I have no interest in the main event. No interest in seeing Taker. No interest in Cena (although to his credit he’s been doing Jericho duty and putting everyone over). They just have to reward the guys that can actually work a freaking match.

As for Lesnar and Roman, I’m out. The build is gonna be terrible, the match will be terrible, and the outcome too predictable. To make matters worse, i fear they’ll only build up Rollins so they can turn em heel and feed em to Roman all summer.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Clean is not an adequate description for Reigns winning against Strowman. That was a squash match tacked on to the end of a chamber match. I realize Braun took some finishers up to that point, but he looked out of his depth against Reigns. It was absurd.

That’s the biggest problem i had with it too. I was expecting Braun to push Roman around for a bit, then Roman could reverse a powerslam, push Braun to the ropes and hit a quick spear to win.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The worst part of this is we've literally seen how a Lesnar/Reigns main event goes.

It's going to be the same damn match we got 3 years ago minus the Rollins audible. ****ing why.

AJ/Nakamura probably opens the show too so the big dawg doesn't get upstaged.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Disappointing and predictable. Most of the good workers are going to be squeezed in to 6 man matches and ARMBAR. Undertaker is irrelevant now, a win doesn't matter, a loss doesn't really advance the opponent, because Undertaker is 105 years old.

Reigns/Lesnar- there is one person who wants to see this match in the world, just a shame it's the person who owns the company.

There's still hope for Mania though.

Who teams with Rousey? They better know how to talk. Angle? Rock? Cena? McGregor? Shane? Rollins?

What does Cena mean? Heel turn?

What happens with Owens/Zayn/Shane/Bryan?

Does Dolph finally break through?

Does The Club get a new 3 man team to fued with?

I'm sure most of these will be answered very blandly and predictably, but for now, I still have some interest.

Oct 18, 2011
I honestly thought the chamber match sucked, the fans didn't care, it was 7 people just doing moves. All the fans sensed the inevitable of Roman winning and they just didn't care. He wasn't booed or cheered really, I think the fans are finally at the stage where they no longer care. May as well re0name Raw to RomanRaw because the roster solely exists to try and get him over, No company that's ever been successful in their history has spent so much time and money to get someone over as a babyface and had it be a complete dud. Steve Austin is the biggest draw in WWE history and he main evented 3 WrestleManias. Roman is getting his 4th straight, this is all about Vinces ego now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad